• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#26 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:21 PM

i think the toys r us by me has one for $20 on clearance. i would get it, but my wife goes into anaphylactic shock every time i even mention spiders. like this one time i caught a gigantic spider in my back yard and i wanted to identify it, so i brought it in the house and was looking it up in my spider book. well, she started freaking out when i threw it in her hair. go figure. it was just a wolf spider with a strange markings morph. still, it was cool. thing lived for ever in the little bug bottle i have.

Edited by dankingery, 08 September 2008 - 04:47 PM.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#27 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:32 PM

My brother bought one of those "figure boosters" before. He hated it, dumped it, but I salvaged the little guys from a fate not quite as bad as death. I don't think they're that bad. Two of them were the same, but at least had different weapons. I got four of them, and two knights, so it's not THAT bad for the $5 he paid. But, yeah, a lot better if you've paid only $0.

#28 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:06 PM

Dankingery - Well, you threw it in her hair, of course she's gonna freak out. Nobody likes things getting caught in ther hair, whether it be leaves, bugs, birds or even bats. That wasn't very nice though, keeping it in a bottle until it died. You should have let it go. I only kill the really vicious and dangerous spiders, like white-tails. And then it's quick death, not starvation in a tiny bottle.

I wish that playset were only $20 in the store here, I would have bought it already and opened it right there in front of the store to play with it, lol.

Boaconda - could you take a pic of your little guys so I can see the quality from real photos instead of doctored marketing photos? It's pretty dodgey that you got a double when you only got one pack though. Even trading cards don't work that way.
I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#29 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:54 PM

i didn't really throw it in her hair. i'd be typing this in prison if i had. she would drop dead. no bullshizznit. and i didn't starve it. i fed it little grasshoppers all the time. it was a female, and i was trying to see if it would have it's babies. either it decided not to, or it never got laid. no babies.

#30 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:07 AM

That's alright then!

anyway, I've started making that lore compilation. I'm getting all the information together and coherent, and then I'll start editing the stupid parts out. I have a feeling the information I'm missing that isn't on the site will be in the playsets. Well, I hope that's the case anyway. So I'll either need to buy a ton of playsets or make friends with someone who already has them, lol.

#31 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:09 PM

SERIES 8!!!!!!!!

i was at kmart looking for old dragons when what did i spy on the shelves next to the kreaps? SERIES 8 DINOS!!! oh man, i must have looked like a badger trying to get at a ground squirrel. i frantically threw the dinos left and right in search of the dragons...... nothing.

i was too excited to be heart broken though. it appeared that they may be sold out of the dragons because the shelf tag for the dragons was there along with the empty space where they were. hope feels my spirit as i plan my next exciting expedition in search of the elusive series 8 dragons.

the new dinos are by far the coolest of the dinos. even the pterodactyl looks awesome. the packaging is slightly different too, the card is almost an inch taller. i would have bought them all, but i'm reserving the last of my toy funds for the dragons. i'll get that dracolich yet.

Edited by dankingery, 09 September 2008 - 02:10 PM.

#32 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:03 PM

Boaconda - could you take a pic of your little guys so I can see the quality from real photos instead of doctored marketing photos? It's pretty dodgey that you got a double when you only got one pack though. Even trading cards don't work that way.

No camera - with the ridiculous amount of money I spend on toys, you'd think I'd have one by now. Problem is, I'm too busy spending ridiculous amounts of money on toys. :ulp:

There's nothing ludicrous about the booster coming with duplicates. The instructions/checklist for the booster shows that the orc dudes/Vorgans or whatever have characters where the bodies are the same, with the weapons being the only thing to differentiate them. The two different groups of knights are more individualized. So when I said I got doubles, I only meant the body type. The (offensive) weapons are not repeated.

Dan, when I was checking out the Mega website, I saw those, and they did look cool! Being such a huge monster and dinosaur fan, I can't believe I've never gotten a single Plasma Dino yet. I'll be working on changing that soon, too.

Edited by Boaconda, 09 September 2008 - 05:05 PM.

#33 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:44 PM

Series 8 is out? Sweet! I wonder if it's out here yet? Probably take ages.

Does it occur to you that perhaps they hadn't put the dragons up on the shelf yet? I doubt they would have sold that quicky.

Have they got any biographical info on the packaging? You need to give it to me for my database :o

Boaconda - that's still pretty sucky though, couldn't they have been just a tiny bit less lazy and actually made different sclupts?

#34 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:59 PM

There's twice as many of the orcs compared to either knight faction, so it's a trade-off.

#35 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:43 PM

There's twice as many of the orcs compared to either knight faction, so it's a trade-off.

Yeah, but, but... it still sucks! Why not just make the faction half the size? Well, other than 'we want to get twice the money for the same ammount of effort'.

I'm beginning to think that all toy companies are just a bunch of jerks.

#36 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:06 PM

tried a new kmart today for series 8 dragons. struck out. they still had crawbellow. :drinks: anyway, i did find something super great in their clearance section. the little orcs and knights were on clearance for only $3. i figured that's a decent price for them. so i picked up a couple of packs. i originally thought there was only four figs in a pack, don't remember why, but there's 8. also looks like there's at least 3 factions, maybe four.
the game cards and game instructions are included. as soon as i get them put together i'll post some better pics for you airot. my initial reaction to them is that they need a new paint job though. good thing a new set of gamesworkshop paints & washes has my name all over it.

#37 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:26 PM

also looks like there's at least 3 factions, maybe four.

Orcs are Vorgan
Other than that there's Draigar, Norvagen, Firen, Ferroch, Odaku, Argentix and Aurios.

I am the plasmaverse expert.

#38 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:05 PM

I am a horrible, horrible evil person.

I went out and bought ghoul because target were having a sale, and I thought 'I should send pictures to dankingery'.

Then I thought 'but that's not very nice, he'll be upset he doesn't have one'

Then I thought 'but maybe he'll be happy to have proof that they exist'.

And I decided that it would be nicest to not post them and not say anything.

But you only live once! :p

Attached File  ghoulfront.jpg   215.3K   12 downloads Attached File  ghoulbox.jpg   110.64K   10 downloads
Attached File  ghoulsack.jpg   54.76K   14 downloads Attached File  ghoulunmade.jpg   130.86K   16 downloads
Attached File  ghoul.jpg   195.55K   17 downloads

Also, I've finished the 'vanilla' database of plasmaverse info. It needs some editing and a beta audience to give me feedback, so any volunteers would be awesome.

I also started buying techs, much cooler than I thought they were going to be. But they don't come with goo! That sucks! I don't care about the lights, only the goo!

#39 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:20 PM

whoa never seen those. i love creeps

im actually known for going up to random girls and just asking them... "Do you like Creeps~?"

#40 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:33 PM

I am a horrible, horrible evil person.

I went out and bought ghoul because target were having a sale, and I thought 'I should send pictures to dankingery'.

Then I thought 'but that's not very nice, he'll be upset he doesn't have one'

Then I thought 'but maybe he'll be happy to have proof that they exist'.

And I decided that it would be nicest to not post them and not say anything.

But you only live once! :p

Also, I've finished the 'vanilla' database of plasmaverse info. It needs some editing and a beta audience to give me feedback, so any volunteers would be awesome.

I also started buying techs, much cooler than I thought they were going to be. But they don't come with goo! That sucks! I don't care about the lights, only the goo!

don't worry about it. i now believe the stories to be true. boaconda being the upstanding human being that he is, picked me up a ghoul and worked out a great deal with me. those pics just prove that ghoul is by far the coolest of all the kreaps and that it's no surprise that he's sold out around here. i'm beginning to think that the plasmaverse is pretty popular here. the stores that people frequent the most are completely sold out of all plasma, except maybe the hatchers, those don't seem to sell worth a shizznit. since i got outbid on a kings ransom of goods on ebay, i've got some extra dollaridoos. i'm gonna have to do a little hunting around here for my missing two dragons and another vile for seres. i shall not rest until i find those series 8 dragons either. if worst comes to worst, i'll snag those spiffy series 8 dinos. oh, i did buy a clearanced tech yesterday. the black one, bogkov maybe. wasn't too impressed with him. but my collection of highly articulated robots makes me a little biased. why the hell are they even a part of the plasmaverse if they don't come with plasma? i know their planet was drained of all plasma, but still.

#41 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:47 PM

i did buy a clearanced tech yesterday. the black one, bogkov maybe. wasn't too impressed with him. ... why the hell are they even a part of the plasmaverse if they don't come with plasma? i know their planet was drained of all plasma, but still.

They're part of the plasmaverse for the $$$ - the story behind them essentially makes them godly powerful destroyers of dinos and dragons. They can trick and manipulate dinos and dragons without even trying. One of them even 'implemented the master of the universe' (created god).

Marketing wise, that means if a kid in the playground has one, his toy automatically beats all the dinos and dragon toys, so all the other kids pester their parents to get them robots due to their dinos and dragons being obsolete.

If anyone else buys Roy-V, can you tell me if he looks yellow to you. Mine is orange, but he's supposed to be yellow. All the pictures on the package say he's yellow, photos and everything.

And Eric, you're crazy. CRAZY.

Edited by Airot, 13 September 2008 - 02:58 AM.

#42 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:57 PM

here's the plasma dragons warriors. first of all, the packaging is really cool, there's the window showing you one of the eight figures included. the pictures on the back also show some pretty decently painted figures. don't expect those when you crack this one open. what you get is a collection of sprues that you've got to dismantle and put each figure together. no biggie. here's the problem though. they're not randomly packed. there are 12 different packages all listed by number like the rest of mega bloks products (9447, 9448, 9449, 9450, 9452, 9453, 9454, 9455, 9456, 9457, 9458 & 9459). so, in order to get all the weapons and "figures" you need to buy all 12. that means you'll end up with 96 of these damn things. which, let's face it, once you've put 4 together you're sick of it. i hate these things. i can see why kmart had about a billion of the damn things on clearance. if they were only a dollar a piece i wouldn't mind it. but these normally list for the same price as the dragons. the plastic is cheaper, the joints are garbage and the detail is not on par with the rest of the line. i'm prolly going to end up painting mine so they don't look like ass, but i'm no miracle worker. and last time i checked gamesworkshop doesn't make magical paint...yet. i'm gonna have to not recommend these little guys. also included in the package is three cards (which i'm guessing are random since i've already got doubles of the dragon iceblaze) and the signature mega blocks product sheet. on said sheet they've included rules to the card/figure game. it's about as complex as the gormiti game. wouldn't get too excited about it. they also throw in a small emery board so you can sand the sprue thorns off of the little guys. guess they realized how crappy the molds were and sucky the plastic was. figured they'd try to keep kids from slitting their own throats with these lackluster toys. so, in conclusion, stick to the actual dragons themselves and give these wastes of money a miss.

Attached Files

#43 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

Those little guys are actually pretty cute, in an 'I'm a cheezy cheap toy' kind of way. I was honestly expecting them to be a bunch worse. Pity they're so expensive and come in sprue trees. I'd buy a few packs of the vorgans if they went on clearance, I'll skip the humans though.

How crappy are the joints anyway? Crappy like the tech joints, or are they on a whole new level of crap?

#44 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

the two packs i bought included both humans and orcs. so i don't think there's anyway to avoid getting humans, unless one of the 12 sets is just orcs. but then they don't tell you what's inside. my biggest gripe really, was that the two orcs with the coolest weapons (giant hammers) weren't in the two packs i bought. the human figs are actually a little better than the orcs. and the mage figures aren't bad at all really. the joints are so bad. you can't really get them to move in a manner that allows for good posing. and because some of them are so tight, the pieces fall apart. seriously, i would pass them up.

#45 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:37 AM

.... i don't think there's anyway to avoid getting humans ... the joints are so bad ... and because some of them are so tight, the pieces fall apart. seriously, i would pass them up.

Ah, fair enough. Guess I will pass 'em up then.

I went on a plasma buying spree today. All that's left for me to get now is series 8, Archaeop, Gyro, Quantic and Skysweeper. I had to soak my vampire's left wing in hot water to get it to go on, the socket wasn't made big enough. Pretty hard fail.

Edited by Airot, 13 September 2008 - 02:40 AM.

#46 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:10 AM

damnit! i missed the scauld that was on ebay all week. i even was watching it. apparently my brain stopped working yesterday a few hours before the auction ended and i forgot all about it. someone just picked up like six plasmas for $.99 plus $7 shipping. what a score. i only needed the scauld in the lot, but at least i would have had some to give away. could someone swing by my place and smack me in the mouth with a shovel. that'd be great. :crazy:

#47 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:58 AM

What time would be good for you? :crazy:

#48 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:06 PM

anytime's fine. i'm just painting a bathroom and swapping the light fixture. i've even got an array of shovels for you to choose from.

#49 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:40 PM

wow, that sucks!

Ebay needs to produce an alarm clock sort of thing that goes off 5 minutes before items you're watching end. I've forgotten about so much stuff it's not funny.

Oh well, you will get another chance!

Me, I still can't bloody find any of those ones I still need. Calling the stores really isn't a reliable way to find out either becuse none of them can be effed to check so they just say 'yeah, we've got some' or 'nah sorry' depending on how they feel.

#50 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:10 PM

yeah. most stores don't keep track of their toys sections very closely. mostly because stupid little kids tear them down week after week. it's prolly all the employees can do not to go on murderous rampages and throwing bowling balls down the aisles at unsuspecting ne'er do wells. i'm glad i look like a murderer, that way they don't talk to me or make eye contact. the thing that drives me nuts is when i've got to dismember their entire aisle just to find the very last dragon that's stuck behind the bionicles or magnetix.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com