17 replies to this topic

#1 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:37 AM

So, I recently picked up a Schleich mini triceratops, kind of on a whim. I saw it sold as a single on my last trip out of town, and for the $3 price tag, I couldn't resist.

It looked good in the pictures, as do most Schleich offerings, but in hand? That's where the magic happens. I have since ordered a couple more, though they can be found at Toysaurus (TRU) in boxed 4-packs (with puzzle playmat) for just under $20. 

I can't speak highly enough of the quality of these figures, but that is just my opinion.

Figures stand at about 1.5", and about 2" long from nose to tail.

16247758428_f8713fca36_b.jpg

#2 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:36 AM

Wow they're so small but look bigger in your pics. It's hard to believe they're 1.5"/2". The detail of the paint job is fantastic. 

Though I think the second dino in the second pic has a thing for the green one.  :lol:

Awesome figures. 

#3 SteveMartin

SteveMartin

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:09 AM

I know you pay for what you get, but these things are just too pricey for me.  Maybe just one, yeah...just one. 

#4 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:20 AM

I mean, if you can find a retailer that sells the singles, they are $3 apiece... Not really any more expensive than a lot of the lesser toys that are out there lurking in blind bags.

#5 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:27 AM

I bought a few of these guys recently - the middle two in your top pic. I certainly paid more than $3 each but I think they were worth it; the quality is very high! I actually have a collection of other Schleich figures - mostly various cats but some of the full-sized dinos as well.

#6 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:34 AM

I have a T-Rex coming to my mailbox soon, and I think the anklyosaurus is next... But they have two new sets dropping this year, with some new color variations and new sculpts (Suchomimus? Mosasaurus? Yes, please)

#7 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:41 AM

These are great. I would rather pay for quality than a licence any day of the week.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#8 SteveMartin

SteveMartin

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:27 AM

I mean, if you can find a retailer that sells the singles, they are $3 apiece... Not really any more expensive than a lot of the lesser toys that are out there lurking in blind bags.

True.  Currently I have not seen individual pieces locally. Maybe they will pop up eventually. 

#9 redspook

redspook

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Battle Builders, Road Wars, Bone Age, M.A.S.K., Dino Riders

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:26 PM

too bad they don't make mini versions of everything they put out. i imagine it probably isn't financially feasible. but still a guy can wish. i'm still crossing my fingers that they'll put out future fantasy mini buckets that feature the dwarf warrior and giant ork.

#10 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:07 PM

I mean, they DO have that mini Dungeon Creatures 3-pack... That's better than nothing, right?

#11 redspook

redspook

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Battle Builders, Road Wars, Bone Age, M.A.S.K., Dino Riders

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:28 PM

I mean, they DO have that mini Dungeon Creatures 3-pack... That's better than nothing, right?

True. I always mix up Schleich & Papo. The figs I was referring to were actually Papo. I also wish Papo would release mini versions of the anthropomorphic gladiators. I'm def gonna have to score some of these Dino's.

#12 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

Dude, the Papo dinosaur minis are pretty legit, too. Them, and Bullyland.

#13 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:40 PM

They seem quite neat and detailed, but there's quite a few weird-ass mutant Schleich sculpts, which you almost see in that one incredibly happy T.rex. These sculpts you have don't seem too bad though. Are they all supposed to depict hatchlings like some of those Safari Toobs or are some adults?

#14 OneTallPonderosa

OneTallPonderosa

OCD Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, LEGO, MIMP, Ballpoint Pens, Insects, Coins, Books

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:04 PM

I have never looked all that closely at these before, but they do look nice.

I just checked out the other sculpts on the website. Does anyone know what is the size difference between what are listed as mini vs little dinos?

I noticed that a few of the playsets include a sweet Archeopteryx.  That dude looks awesome.

Check out my want list: http://www.littlerub...howtopic=269336

I am always looking for more Robin Mask #214, Sunshine, Announcer, Claw, and Parthenon - MUSCLE or KESHI of any type!

LETS MAKE A DEAL! :ph34r:

#15 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:40 PM

They seem quite neat and detailed, but there's quite a few weird-ass mutant Schleich sculpts, which you almost see in that one incredibly happy T.rex. These sculpts you have don't seem too bad though. Are they all supposed to depict hatchlings like some of those Safari Toobs or are some adults?

I don't think they are intended to b babies... the proportions aren't baby proportions. I would guess that they were just meant to be mini versions, and that's all.

Oh, and f**k Safari Toobs. Overpriced, and they glom on the paint, which hides any details that might have been sculpted on.

#16 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:37 AM

42261.jpg

Has anybody seen this in the wild yet?

#17 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:04 AM

Oh damn! I didn't know about this set… I need one!

#18 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:08 PM

Yo, those dino babies and feathered dinos are the bee's teats.

Schleich also has domestic/farm animal blind bags at TRU (3 packs) for $10. I hope they eventually do the same for their dino minis.

Edited by ironmask, 01 October 2016 - 12:08 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com