13 replies to this topic

#1 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Attached File  Greek Rabbit Project 1.JPG   386.53K   24 downloadsAttached File  Greek Rabbit Project 2.JPG   193.13K   34 downloadsAttached File  Greek Rabbit Project 3.JPG   213.15K   30 downloadsAttached File  Greek Rabbit Project 5.JPG   257.7K   19 downloadsAttached File  Greek Rabbit Project 6.JPG   157.31K   14 downloads

With the US box comming in (US Box in what I just got in the mail) I was finaly able to complete my Greek Rabbit Project.
Its been a quest for over a year as I started searching and trading the first Rabbit parts at the end of 2011 with other members out here after having bought a few Greek lots that included the Purple Rabbit and one or two of the less rare colors. Everything seemed to go quite smooth due to the huge amount of knowledge that this board spreads and the great members out here.

But after I had traded most of the parts and figs it suddenly stopped and I was facing this gap of one Light Blue RA (Right Arm) and a complete Pink rabbit holding me from finishing this idea to built a Greek Rabbit masterset in the 8 main colors.

While based on some google searches in various languages I'd found out there had to be a Pink Rabbit out there as well as a Light Blue RA and coincidence or not after tracing these two back to the current owners I ended up at home at LRG because some fellow members ended up having these items I found pictured. BUT the Pink Rabbit turned out to be a Purple one (which I already had) and the Light Blue RA turned out to be the Light Blue LA (Left Arm). So I was back at zero.........

But more and more people where looking out for me (connections from the board and people back in Greece) and it looks like time was on my side on this one because soon after I got the news somebody traced down the Light Blue RA SaltLakeToyJunkee came up with Pinky who'd been stored away in his garage. The Trade ot get Pink was a tough one (see WANTED topic) but I managed to work out that complex trade.

And today I was finally able to complete my set resulting in the photo's above of all 8 Rabbit colors.

So I'd like to thank all the people who've directly or indirectly helped me getting these figures or parts or pointed me at where to find them because without the board this impossible task would've become a real mission impossible.

BUT AM I DONE NOW!?
Yes and and No..........
I do have all the parts to make up the 8 complete colored beasts but although I had 3 Light Blue Rabbit with a LA it turned out that the Light Blue RA doesn't match up perfectly with one of those due to some discoloration of the arm over the years so that means I'll always be on the look out for a perfectly Light Blue colored RA because I'm a perfectionist and can't stand even the slightest shade difference when it comes to this project. So to all of you who've helped me please stay on the lookout ;)

RARENESS....
Since I've been shouting around in my search for Pinky I soon got replies and reactions of people who're telling me Pinky most be one of the most rare Greeks out there because nobody had ever seen one. This might be partially true as its a d#mn hard to find figure but with these fellows from Greece its hard to predict which are really rare and which might show up next week. But there are a few things my quest to this set showed me because we might underestimate the true rareness of the colors because so far Purple has always believed to be the rarest color followed by Pink, Light Blue and Green. But I'm convinced now that this rareness is not a general issue because some figures due show up in the rare colors more often than others. I know at least 3 Purple Rabbits while I only found 1 Pinky during my quest and I have a couple of Light Blue Rabbits (incomplete) and know more completed out there while I only found 1 Green Rabbit. So I think its fair to say that every figure might end up finding their own final Pinky which doesn't mean they've to search for a Pink or Purple figure but maybe another colors will be harder to get for that particulat one. And although I think Pink was in this journey one of the chase colors for me I think I can be very happy and thankfull to Barry who's been trading me a complete Green Rabbit almost a year ago because that could've become the key figure in the end.

That's all Folks ;)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#2 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:BOGLINS in any shape or size,Minifig's, rockin' out on my guitars, my fiancee and my kids and bootsales (for the LRG's) x¬D

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

YAAAAAY!!!!

congrats dude, your quest is finaly over :thumbsup:

So,,, what you gonna do now ;)

Posted Image

#3 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Mate the photos look amazing well done I'm so happy for you and glad I could help out as much as I did with the pinky.
I agree that the rareness isn't allways down to colour in this case but the beast aswell. Some purples you see come up all the time and some greens and blues I've never even seen b4.

Well done mate you've worked hard to get these and you deserve them.

#4 eightystoynut

eightystoynut

Team BATTLEBEASTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:80's Action Figures and mostly BB/LB

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

that pinky rabbit is one of the most cherry figs I've seen for being 26 years old, congrats bro.

#5 ScreaminDemon

ScreaminDemon

Cyber Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts , Laser Beasts , Beastformers , Shadow Warriors , War Monsters and any other variations of Battle Beasts including Beast Saga. Transformer decoys.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Congrats GJ!!
It's amazing it only took you a year to be honest ,but I know you are a truly dedicated beastformer collector. Job well done mate!!
Demon

#6 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Individually greek beasts just look plain nasty but a full set with the range of colours looks quite appealing. Hats to you for your paitence for completing the set, only a very dedicated collector would have spent the hours/days searching and messaging to complete this lot. Well done!

Do you feel satisfied? Or a bit hollow that this search is over? I know when I finally managed to collect a set (trading cards/figures/ whatever) it was more relief that I didn't have to look any more!

#7 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

Thanks for all the kind words here, I'd a great time searching and digging for these little fellows but without the knowledge of this board there would've been no way to get close to a set like this so its thanks to all of you I completed this quest.

@Biz, I still have a few projects running behind the scene of which one of them is a 2012 project as well so I hope it'll be completed before the end of the year. And as mentioned I'll still keep a half eye out to search for a mint Light Blue RA. No idea or plans for 2013 yet.

@Skullcruncher, hollow and satisfied is exactly what you can call it. Glad I managed to to find all of them but since I also found my final LB weapon I've nothing to hunt or trace down anymore, there most be nothing more worse to a collector than a blank wantlist. So I think it'll soon become time to make a new wantlist :) (To bad I got a negative vote from you, wrong button I suppose ;))

Oh by the way I only have 3 Greek Rabbits Weapons so I still have 5 to go to arm them all LOL
But I believe these are pretty hard to find.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#8 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

You have plenty of things to hunt for. You helped me find a Mint Rhino in Box. A Purple Greek Rhino. We still need the rest of the colors haha.

Congrats on the Pink Rabbit.

#9 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

Yes I must add I have a tone of greek BB weapons and some are proving real hard to find rabbit being one of them.

#10 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :D

#11 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

congrats! The line up is sweet.

#12 Dake

Dake

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Congratulation!
They look AWESOME!

currently looking for a TGB Scorpion weapon, a Striped and a Stoner

#13 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:00 AM

For those of you who thought that the Greek Rabbit Project was finished after the completion in 2012 here´s prove that the colorful army of Greek BB Rabbits is still around and growing in numbers. Over the years they´ve even duplicated resulting in this Rainbow of Rabbits.... 

Attached File  IMG_20170416_010001_177.jpg   123.32K   5 downloads

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#14 Kangaroo

Kangaroo

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

For those of you who thought that the Greek Rabbit Project was finished after the completion in 2012 here´s prove that the colorful army of Greek BB Rabbits is still around and growing in numbers. Over the years they´ve even duplicated resulting in this Rainbow of Rabbits.... 

attachicon.gifIMG_20170416_010001_177.jpg

OMG.... you’re Both inspiring me & killin’ me with these pix LoL
My journey began this morning, w/ a new condition Greek dark blue Rabbit w/ weapon (GBB weapon #22)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com