Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Small fantasy action figures...Chap Mei-like.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 countzackula

countzackula

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

ETC1925_zps72b40590.jpg

Got these boys recently. No markings. I was too lazy to check the centimeter to inch conversion before I bid on these. They are a tad smaller than I hoped, but still cool! And mysterious...ooh, oh so mysssterioussss!!!

The weird lion-king does not have articulated legs, unlike the pig demon. Part of me wants to assume there are more. Maybe part of a playset. The eBay seller was from Europe...if that matters.

ETC1926_zpsb97df874.jpg

comparison with a True Legends elf figure. I had hoped these were the same size as Chap Mei, but as usual, I can be a tad hasty when it comes to math and measurements. I still wanna keep these guys...and also want more now!

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

Those guys are sweet!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 DrBo

DrBo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

If it can of any help, I did found very similar guys in Canada maybe 4-5 years ago. The came with Chap-mei like big weapon, plastic cape and monsters. Mines were inarticulated do.

They had a generic sounding name and came on orange card. If I recall correctly they're was about 6 to 8 diffrent sculpts - but I only saw mono-colored guy like the Orkish / burgondy guy you posted. Each had a color tone; blue, orange, red knight, green monster guys, etc.

The kind of dollar-store figure they repackage and vampirize from a one to another - like I said I had an inaticulated version of your red guy - it was either a bootleg or just cheap re-use within the same no-name company.

Edited by DrBo, 18 April 2014 - 07:10 AM.

- Dr Bo,
Man of Kitsch, robot and glamour

Ebay user: bdbonhomme

#4 mastasini

mastasini

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

you can find a lot of these in Belgium (my home country) - they go for about 2 dollar (1,50 euro) a figure

the sell with a lot of accesoiries (lightning bolts, weapons and part of a ruin)

I have a few of them carded - i will try to make pictures

#5 mastasini

mastasini

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:27 PM

I made pictures of the complete collection of figures I bought - but I cannot paste the link? when I use the link the window stays active but I cannot click "ok"

Edited by mastasini, 16 May 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#6 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

I made pictures of the complete collection of figures I bought - but I cannot paste the link? when I use the link the window stays active but I cannot click "ok"

You don't need to use another hosting website, you can add them to your post right here on the board.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#7 mastasini

mastasini

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

I know but insert picture or link - non of them works - It opens the window to post but I can't go any further

#8 Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

The guy on the right is a Thai depiction of Hanuman/Monkey King.  Here is someone dressed up like him at a festival:

MXa3L3h.jpg

I'm not familiar enough with the other characters who have statue and figures to know if the guy on the left is anyone Thai depiction of mythology as well, but he looks similar in design.  No clue on what toy series they are from.

Posted Image

#9 zootine

zootine

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:24 AM

The line is called "Beast Warriors". There were six figures total: your two plus a skeleton warlord, a dragon, a centaur berserker, and a two-headed demon dog. I've attached a photo of one colour variant of the lion king. Cheers. Attached File  image.jpg   179.53K   39 downloads

#10 Fraganaut

Fraganaut

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:07 AM

Ah yes, been meaning to make a thread about these, along with two other figure lines from Canasia Toys & Gifts.

Here's the whole Beast Warriors set.

Attached File  BW-MOC-SET.jpg   245.28K   52 downloads

Have 4 of the figures loose. More photos to come.

Edited by Fraganaut, 28 May 2014 - 04:40 AM.

#11 Ricardo

Ricardo

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Beast Warriors,
    Darkness Warriors,

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:23 PM

Helloee.. Very nice sets. I have found one one ebay. The Lion King (blue version).

If any one of you guys have card sets (or double figures or items) for sale i would love to buy them.

Please sent me message.

Thanks

Ricardo

Edited by Ricardo, 02 September 2020 - 04:36 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com