55 replies to this topic

#26 fourth_heir

fourth_heir

halfway between Mars and Venus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'm growing increasingly impressed with these - the three lead characters all look excellent and I love that scorpion who just showed up on the FB page. *mentally rearranges shelf space in anticipation of influx of new BBs* :)

Visit my dA gallery to see my latest fanart (it's mainly TransFormers and Doctor Who but there is a Battle Beast gallery on there!)...
fhsig2.gif

#27 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

The infamous gold Vorin will mark the end of the DST BB collection for me. Not that I don't like rare items to track in a collection but I don't like the way this one has been offered. This figure is certainly not rarer than any other Vorin promo. It has just been offered to people who doesn't care about it and the whole BB line. I don't see any issue when companies offer really limited items to the fans. Lucky draw in Japan are real rare items and collectors have a small chance to get one. The gold Vorin is not a rare item as there are czertainly at least 100 or 200 made.

How were they handled ?
What does it look like ?

#28 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

How were they handled ?
What does it look like ?

Were handed out at VERSUS WORLD 2012 (Private Party) in a goodie bag to a bunch of "influential people" (celebrities). The only other place they were handed out were to the few people that asked questions at the SDCC minimate panel.

Sad thing is most of them are probably sitting in the dump right now :(

Here is a pic:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Were handed out at VERSUS WORLD 2012 (Private Party) in a goodie bag to a bunch of "influential people" (celebrities). The only other place they were handed out were to the few people that asked questions at the SDCC minimate panel.

Sad thing is most of them are probably sitting in the dump right now :(

Here is a pic:
Posted Image

I want a golden Vorin,
Do not be afraid. If they try to harm you, I will stand in front of them.

#30 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

Yeah, that golden Vorin looks fantastic. Hopefully some day I will be able to get my hands on one. I know some people are upset about how hard he may be to come by, but I think the key with this figure is going to be patience. I think he'll turn up. We collect a toy line that has a lot of pieces that are much rarer that this one figure.

Looking through the newer pictures after the DST panel, I have to say that the Moose looks amazing. Easily my favorite figure of the line thus far. (That is until they make the Bear from issue 1 of the comic or they make a chameleon) With the horn, axe and his style of armor, he looks very viking like. Vikings have always been a favorite warrior group of mine. And I love the idea of a viking Moose. There's something really cool and characterful about it that I can already imagine stories that I would tell with him. He has to an entire group of fellow viking warriors. What other types of animals would fight along side him in his long boat?

Also, has anyone gotten their Vorin and Zik two packs? If so, what do you think about them? I am excited for mine to come in. It should be just a couple weeks.

#31 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

The comic is officially out. It came out last Wednesday, and the SDCC exclusive cover was on sale at the show.

Not a lot of celebrities at the party, Boosted, just people who could help expose BB to a broader audience. But I'm sad you think people would just throw a Battle Beast in the trash. I'm sure more will come on the market at some point.

#32 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

The comic is officially out. It came out last Wednesday, and the SDCC exclusive cover was on sale at the show.

Not a lot of celebrities at the party, Boosted, just people who could help expose BB to a broader audience. But I'm sad you think people would just throw a Battle Beast in the trash. I'm sure more will come on the market at some point.

the Agent 88 facebook page b0asted about all the celebs that came out and even posted the list of them all, in my hunt for the gold was told a other handful of people there were weird goth people.

And I dont mean any offense by saying they would toss them in the trash, as I am one that has about 1000$ of just DST battle beast stuff sitting in my man cave atm. What I mean is I been to paties like that and have been giving swag bags at concerts and stuff.. if it is a good concert and I have no clue what the stuff in the bag is nor care about it a few things happen.. gets set down and forgot about so I can party or it gets in the way of my parting and gets tossed in the trash :/ or worse yet lost while I am trying to party :o

The only person I saw on the celeb list that prob opened it up and said "eff ya minimates" would be Seth Green lol.

Also like I mentioned over on the multiverse forums, nothing againt you Zach with all this. Just a completest and love the line and it is going to be a expensive bee-eye-itch to fill that void now.
Posted Image

#33 battlebeast3

battlebeast3

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Disney's Gargoyles, Battle Beasts!, Movies, Music, much more!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

where can I see more pics of the Beast Saga toys? is there any news as to when Hasbro will be releasing them? Is there a web site I can go pre order from???
I did it! I watched all 485 Best Picture Nominees in 365 days!

#34 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

where can I see more pics of the Beast Saga toys? is there any news as to when Hasbro will be releasing them? Is there a web site I can go pre order from???

At least someone is talking about something of relevant importance in this thread. :p

#35 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

At least someone is talking about something of relevant importance in this thread. :p

Haaaaaaaaaaa

And, that BB comic got TERRIBLE reviews. Juuuuust sayin'.

#36 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

I actually really liked the comic.. I think most are still to bitter about DST having the BB name and not sticking with 100% classic. I so far am happy with everything other than zik which I am slowly recovering from and still a lil miffed about the gold vorin that is going to end up costing me prob two Bennie Franklin's ..
Posted Image

#37 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

Actually, the reviews come from reputable sites, like Comic Book Resources.
I haven't picked up the thing. But, to be fair, I walked right past the MOTU comic from DC.

#38 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

Yeah, I saw that and I lost it. Hilarious.

#39 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Actually, the reviews come from reputable sites, like Comic Book Resources.
I haven't picked up the thing. But, to be fair, I walked right past the MOTU comic from DC.

All the reviews I saw were positive, although I don't put too much faith in most reviews anyway. Did you mean this CBR review, ironmask?

http://robot6.comicb...s-and-the-crow/

Because it came across as positive to me. He said he wanted to read the next issue, at least. If you meant the part about not recognizing any of the characters, that wasn't really presented as a negative, although I'm sure some will interpret it that way. Anyway, I highly recommend people reading it for themselves.

#40 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

Was there any Beast Saga presence at SDCC? Legitimately curious, I didn't see anything.

#41 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

All the reviews I saw were positive, although I don't put too much faith in most reviews anyway. Did you mean this CBR review, ironmask?

http://robot6.comicb...s-and-the-crow/

Because it came across as positive to me. He said he wanted to read the next issue, at least. If you meant the part about not recognizing any of the characters, that wasn't really presented as a negative, although I'm sure some will interpret it that way. Anyway, I highly recommend people reading it for themselves.

I posted the link, and they chose to close with: "In short, it's a bland and inoffensive attempt at turning toys into a story -- but is it worth a read for anyone who wasn't a massive 'Battle Beasts' fan? No. Not at all."

That's hardly positive.

#42 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:30 AM

I posted the link, and they chose to close with: "In short, it's a bland and inoffensive attempt at turning toys into a story -- but is it worth a read for anyone who wasn't a massive 'Battle Beasts' fan? No. Not at all."

That's hardly positive.

Unless you're a massive Battle Beasts fan. Anyone here?

#43 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:50 AM

Baghdad Bob?

#44 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

I'll hand it to you, Zach, you are one hell of an optimist.

#45 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

I really really liked the comic and even bought every single variant cover of it. (25 of the luke toy store one if anyone wants to buy one once I get them lol)

How is this not awesome?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

How is this not awesome?
Posted Image

Honestly, and by the same token, without any context? I can't tell you how that is or isn't awesome.

#47 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts. Battle Beasts. Beast Saga. OMFG.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

Was there any Beast Saga presence at SDCC? Legitimately curious, I didn't see anything.

Nope, not a thing for Beast Saga. I've been asking various Hasbro people about the line and there's no (known) plans to bring it over here yet, for all I know someone else or nobody at all will bring it over. Maybe it'll be like Beyblade... we'll get it late, if at all, after (and if) it hits big in Japan.

And hey, that's my Gold Vorin! He's famous!

I thought the comic was fun. I'm more excited for the toys than the comics, but well, that's my background. I'll probably post a review of it on the BB Blog over the weekend if time permits, which it probably will. Vorin & Zik next week, love the little buggers. Mixing and matching the Vorin armor is a lot of fun.

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

#48 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

I really really liked the comic and even bought every single variant cover of it. (25 of the luke toy store one if anyone wants to buy one once I get them lol)

How is this not awesome?
Posted Image

Do not like.

Seems unnecessarily violent for a animal fighting team. :huh:

Edited by Toxoviper, 20 July 2012 - 05:25 PM.

#49 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

Do not like.

Says the guy who apparently has never seen animals fight in the wild :lol:

#50 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

Do not like.

We thought about having one of them put his wood on the other guy's water, but it didn't work on the page.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com