• 15 posts
  • Interests:Monsters In My Pocket, Nintendo NES, Dragon Dice

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:11 AM

Ok so reguarding the NJ Premium Neon Color Figures:

T-Rex: Orange/Pine Green

Hydra: Orange/Pine Green

Jotun Troll: Neon Blue/Pink

Cyclops: Neon Blue/Pink

So regarding the rarity of these figures, is there any good reason to assume that some are more rare that others?

Ive heard people mention that certain ones are rarer/rarest, but is this simply being based on the appearance of them on ebay?

I would image that back in the day these were arcade prizes that you would trade arcade tokens/tickets for after playing skeeball (I used to spend alot of time in NJ arcades in the 90s). I would also assume that they were prizes that were individually wrapped and probably randomized, but is there any reason to think that some were produced less than others?

Just curious what u guys think.

#2 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:03 AM

I doubt some were produced in higher quantities than others. The reason why some of them are rarer than others now is that only a few people have had them up for sale, so those people have pretty much defined how available each of the figures are. For example, eBay user fireballprinting had a bunch of each figure and eventually he ran out of blue Cyclops while he is still listing some of the others. So that makes blue Cyclops rarer right now. If someone popped up with a bag full of blue Cyclops, that would quickly change.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#3 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:48 AM

Its hard to say for certain. At this time Blue Cyclops seems to be the rarest by far. It took me several years to find mine to finish my complete matchbox set. But we just cant know for certain. Who knows what is lying around in storage? The others seem to be fairly even in availability. At one point Pink Jotun troll was the hot rare one but that has changed too. 

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com