Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Thinking of casually collecting Fistful of Power figures.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:22 AM

I'm looking for any advice given about collecting FoP. I don't have any, so I'll be starting from scratch. What are they generally worth. I was thinking of starting out by buying a few lots on Ebay. Judging by the price, the figures seem to go for around 50 cent each? But obviously the price will go up if I look for a single figure. I think I understand rarity and wave release. Anyone can fill me in on anything they think is relevant to know. I'm all ears. 

#2 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 11:22 AM

My knowledge of this line wouldn't even fill a thimble.  I do remember passing over tons of them on clearance when I was in my 30s.   I've got a few hanging around, though....send an address and I'll pop 'em in the mail, if you'd like.  A little something to get you started.  

There are a couple folks here that are really enamored with this line, you should have no trouble finding heaps of info.  

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#3 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:47 PM

Common series 1 wave 1 figures can be acquired for next to nothing.
Series 1 wave 2 are a bit harder to come by, with one or two of them being very rare.

Series 2 wave 1 are a little harder to come by, with some being harder to find than some S1 W2 figs.
Series 2 wave 2 figures are very hard to come by, with some being extremely difficult to find.

Xars, Seers, and secret figures rarely pop up, and can get very pricey.

#4 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:49 PM

Pricing on the line is difficult, due to the fact that most collectors prefer to only trade rather than sell.
It can make getting seriously into the line a bit difficult for new collectors who have none of the harder to come by figures to offer as tradebait.

Edited by Rubberhammer, 02 September 2018 - 12:50 PM.

#5 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:11 PM

Maybe I'll go far what I can for series 1 wave 1. Then just collect sculpts that I specifically like. I'll keep my eye on Ebay and see what comes of it. 

Thanks for the info. 

#6 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:45 PM

Pricing on the line is difficult, due to the fact that most collectors prefer to only trade rather than sell.
It can make getting seriously into the line a bit difficult for new collectors who have none of the harder to come by figures to offer as tradebait.

It’s what I hate about the current state of collectors, desperately holding onto extras of rarer figure in the vain hope for the perfect trade with someone fulfilling their precise needs. Like, this is the precise reason people often use money instead of barter...

#7 elemota

elemota

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Fistful Of Power, Gamoja, Mutant Mania

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:31 AM

I have been trying to track down S1W2 or any S2 FOP for a while now... doesn't seem to be much out there. I do however have some duplicate S1W1's that i'd be happy to give or trade. Seems like finding a Xar or Seer is virtually impossible in 2018. Good luck on your search!

#8 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:55 AM

Good luck man! I used to be all over getting the full collection few years back B)

Now im just a casual collector tho... Looking mainly for figures I happen to find cool, boy that saves some trouble but even those ones are really hard to find(related to much of what baltan said above)

If youll excuse me now I think ill be hitting the local fleamarket lol

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com