61 replies to this topic

#51 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:14 PM

Welcome ConspiratorFrog! If it's any consolation, I'm almost positive that there are "only" eight secret figures to track down: 4 golds from the light red group including the Iron Men, and 4 silvers from the dark blue group including the Wolverines. I've got three so far.. if I find any packs with one that I already have I'll definitely pick it up for trade on this board!

#52 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:51 PM

I ordered my first few packs off of Amazon a few months back, and I was surprised to see them on the shelf at Toys R Us today. Since I'm here in Michigan - ostensibly the Midwest, and usually the last place toys show up in terms of market penetration - I think it's safe to say that these guys should hopefully be pretty easy to find in brick and mortar stores now.

Welcome!

Also being in Michigan I can say these are really not easy to find. I know 2 stores that continue to get them in, but that's it. It's pretty spotty.
--Dave

#53 Battlechaser7

Battlechaser7

Epicurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:05 PM

I have been hitting my Wal-mart regularly to find Gormiti 2 packs at 3.50 a pack. It seems that when they put them on clearance for the 2 I did not buy of wave 1 2 backs they left the price the same when the second wave came in. This I will not complain about as the only thing I hate more than feeBay is Wal-Mart. While I was there I did finally see 5 or 6 rows of handful of heroes and not a single pack has been touched for a week. Cash is very tight for me at the moment but if a board member is looking for a particular figure I would be very happy to pick it up and send it to you at cost, as is my way, I really enjoy helping board members out so please do not be shy with the P.M's I also know all of the figures on sight as I worked for roughly 6 years in a comic store full and part time (13-19) to help out a great friend of mine that could only pay me in comics so all I really need is a figure color preference and I could care less how rare any of them are if I start collecting anything else I will be forced to move into my man cave for the duration of my marriage I am assured : )

Best,
Chris
キン肉マン

I buy toys, So I can sell toys, So I can buy more toys...

My Need toys link--Please check out for trades, updated as trades occur
need toys
My Available Trades
got toys

#54 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:54 PM

So has anyone figured out what is up with these gold and silver figures exactly? Does anyone know which figures were made in which colors? I havn't seen any of these variants in my area at all. Though HOH figs seem to be pretty easy to find now.

Posted Image

#55 SuedeWilson

SuedeWilson

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:16 PM

It seems that there are 4 gold figures and 4 silver ones from the first series that have been made. From what I can tell and have seen after researching what i could find in the stores and on ebay, they took the eight figures on the fourth row of the checklist insert and made the bright red ones in a gold variant and the dark blue in a silver variant.

This breaks out into:

Gold:

Iron Man
Spider Man (crawling)
Classic Iron Man
Spider man

Silver:

Captain America
Spider Man (webs in underarms)
Astonishing Wolverine
Classic Wolverine

I've been buying Handful of Heroes at the local Wal Mart and two different Toys R' Us (one local and one not), and I can confirm that I have only seen the gold and silver figures in the two Toys R' Us, and never seen any in packs at the Wal Mart I have bought from. Maybe someone can confirm they have found them in other stores, but I'm wondering if maybe these could be a Toys R' Us exclusive. Hope that helps, and if anyone can confirm sighting them in other stores, please let me know!

#56 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, that helps.
So how common are they? I'm guessing they were packed in a later case assorments, and my stores have only gotten assortments from the first shipment. As I recall members saying they saw multiple gold and silver figures in one store.

Anyone have easy access to these packs? Or extras in their collection?

Posted Image

#57 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

I've found three total gold/silver packs, and all at the same Mal-Wart. I haven't seen any other metallic figures in the 4 or so different WM'ts and one TRU I've seen packs in. I wish I could get more packs (and maybe some doubles for you) from that one store, but they've failed to get any more on the shelves :lol:

#58 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

i see the gold and silver figures all the time, but i have yet to see full packs with them. the figures themselves seem to pop up the same, with the gold and silver figures. i have yet to see a new gold of silver character other than the ones listed above.

#59 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:13 PM

i see the gold and silver figures all the time, but i have yet to see full packs with them. the figures themselves seem to pop up the same, with the gold and silver figures. i have yet to see a new gold of silver character other than the ones listed above.

Interesting, but what do you mean by you "have yet to see full packs with them."?

Posted Image

#60 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:21 AM

I too have noticed that the silvers & golds are found only in Toys R Us packs. On another note, I now have no regional Wal-Marts to buy HoH from. The one I go to is a little over an hours drive away. I was there yesterday and 2 pegs were marked Handful of Heroes Clearance $4.50. I had an employee scan to see if more were coming later. She said they were in the system but that particular store would not be getting any more. I could have cried. It was the ONLY Wal-Mart that I could find that carried them. Their price point of $5.96 beat Toys R Us price at $6.99. I was also bummed that I missed the feeding frenzy as all the packs were GONE!!! So to counter my sadness, I bought a Skrull/Captain America Giant Battlers for $13.96 (half off) which was my second of these sets I had bought over the past several days. I also found one Vision a few days before so all in all, not bad. I'm just frustrated because I am only missing about 8 figs for the complete HoH set. I also hear a series 2 may be around the corner. Anyone else notice HoH getting clearanced out with no sign of reorders?

#61 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:45 PM

I too have noticed that the silvers & golds are found only in Toys R Us packs. On another note, I now have no regional Wal-Marts to buy HoH from. The one I go to is a little over an hours drive away. I was there yesterday and 2 pegs were marked Handful of Heroes Clearance $4.50. I had an employee scan to see if more were coming later. She said they were in the system but that particular store would not be getting any more. I could have cried. It was the ONLY Wal-Mart that I could find that carried them. Their price point of $5.96 beat Toys R Us price at $6.99. I was also bummed that I missed the feeding frenzy as all the packs were GONE!!! So to counter my sadness, I bought a Skrull/Captain America Giant Battlers for $13.96 (half off) which was my second of these sets I had bought over the past several days. I also found one Vision a few days before so all in all, not bad. I'm just frustrated because I am only missing about 8 figs for the complete HoH set. I also hear a series 2 may be around the corner. Anyone else notice HoH getting clearanced out with no sign of reorders?

Fortunately, all the stores I frequent seem to be restocking their HoH, for now..
If you're really trying to get those last 8 guys for your set, your best bet is probably to join the HoH Trade Thread here on this board. We've got quite a few collectors trading doubles now, and I bet your luck will be much better there than scouring those empty pegs..

#62 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:33 PM

handful of heroes are aplenty around here. in fact they're either selling them and restocking them at an alarming rate or they just flat out refuse to clearance them and keep them at the same price. i'm still waiting for local stores to universe up. still looking for decent figures from wave 6 (not wolverine or jean grey).

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com