26 replies to this topic

#1 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:53 AM

So my big question is, does anybody like the new service site?

I don't. I really liked the set up before. I understand that the new service is more non-United States friendly, but I still wish the site remained as it were. I don't know that I will be using this service much anymore. I don't really understand the new payment arrangements. The amount of fees attached seem to be higher in their fee structure language, but I haven't bid on anything yet so that may just be mis-understanding what they are trying to say.
--Dave

#2 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:55 AM

I think it sucks too. Not user friendly whatsoever ;) I prefer the old set up too :D Maybe I just dont like change? <_<

#3 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:00 PM

I cant seem to go on there old website. It says link cant be found. Is there a new link?

#4 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:05 PM

http://www.noppin.com/

#5 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:18 PM

I've never used any service for shopping YHJ.
..but I've just started using Crescent. I won a lot of Fujiya Kaiju last sunday,and just now got the invoice.
This is kinda my 'trial by fire' and I'm starting to get the hang of it. I like it,its somewhat layed out like ebay.
BIG thanks to-
Ericnilla & Jkaris for helping me through it!

#6 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

I use the old Crescent trading service a few times. I still think its expensive with all those fees. But its basicly the same. They just added a search engine.

#7 munny

munny

All seeing eye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:COLLECTING AND MORE COLLECTING ANYTHING ELSE? OH YEA COLLECTING!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:02 PM

Also you have to preauthorize 2,000 yen either thru paypal or credit card to place bids on any auction. i prefer the past crescent over the future noppin.

Edited by munny, 05 October 2010 - 09:03 PM.

"The surprise is, one day you will have it"

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:15 PM

Also you have to preauthorize 2,000 yen either thru paypal or credit card to place bids on any auction. i prefer the past crescent over the future noppin.

With Crescent it was a minimum $50 deposit. So $20 doesn't seem so bad to me.

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:42 PM

You WISH 2000 yen was $20, man. :p

#10 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:46 AM

You WISH 2000 yen was $20, man. :thumbsup:

2000 yen = $24.64

Posted Image

#11 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:48 AM

You WISH 2000 yen was $20, man. B)

Yes, those were the days. :thumbsup:

#12 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

See that is the part I am not sure if I am understanding correct. If I bid on 12 keshi auctions at 300yen each, do I get authorized for 24,00yen? Or is i a straight up one time 2,000yen?
--Dave

#13 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

See that is the part I am not sure if I am understanding correct. If I bid on 12 keshi auctions at 300yen each, do I get authorized for 24,00yen? Or is i a straight up one time 2,000yen?

You have to authorize at least as much as you're bidding.
..So ,you would have to authorize 3600 yen,which instantly comes out of your paypal account.
This amount is 'held' until auctions are complete. If you loose all of them,you cancel the bid authorization,and the money is deposited back into your paypal.

Edited by Czarcher, 06 October 2010 - 11:49 AM.

#14 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:57 PM

i am trying "shopping mall japan" fees seem pretty cheap but there is a minimum deposit thru paypal of $10 or $50 for credit card authorization

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#15 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:20 AM

Just got the following email...

Thank you for using our service.

This is Masamichi Kuge who is the owner of Noppin (Crescent Trading, Inc.)

We are deeply sorry for the all of mess after we opened this new website.
We have had so many problems on the system and apologize for "NOT" user friendly interface or explanation.

I must admit that I made a huge mistake about new payment way.
We will do emergency maintenance from 3:30pm on Oct 29th.(Japan Time) It would take 2-3 hours to complete.

We have tested "Authorization" on PayPal's test environment and worked.
But real Paypal accounts from our clients all over the world were somewhat different.
And I misunderstood several important things. So, we will change back to "Old Deposit" payment system.
We will update the "deposit function" Please read important things carefully below.

1) The standard Deposit Multipliers is 3.
We are sorry but we cannot do 5 like used to because of recent economic situation.

2) Deposits can be made by Paypal only. We cannot accept credit card directly through GMO.

3) You still have to make "Payment Agreement" with PayPal to use our service.

4) After we upload, you cannot add new "Authorization" any more.

5) We will delete Authorizations you have made if it is already expired.
If you have bid on new auctions, bid limit become negative. Please just add new deposit.

6) If you have unpaid or ongoing autions, we will not cancel Authorization at this moment.
We will contact each client what to do for the authorization.
We can capture the authorizations to make payments and so on.

7) It should be very confusing but you cannot use US$ deposit when you made on our old website crescent-shop.com
for new deposit in JPY on this new website.
You can use the US$ deposit toward making new payment, shopping and shipping charge. Or we have to refund the deposit.
But you cannot use US$ deposit for the deposit on new system because of currency change.

If you have a time, this is explanation why we have to develop back to our old deposit system. I explain here.

1) I belived PayPal allow thier account holders to choose a payment option. But it is not correct.
They always take PayPal balance first, bank account second and credit card finally.
Our payment model for "Authorization" was for credit cards.

2) PayPal hold their account holders' fund in the PayPal account when an "Authorization" is made.
And they state that "Authorization to Crescent Trading Inc." and PayPal balance is decreased.
It looks like we have already "charged". But we didn't receive any money because it is "Authorization"

3) Paypal move money from thier bank account to PayPal account even though it is just "Authorization"
This process take several business days depending on a bank our clients use.
Also, when the authorization is cancelled, money will go back to thier bank account automatically again.
But this process take several days again. During these process, our clients cannot access to thier fund.
This is the biggest problem that we didn't expect before we open this new website.

Same thing happened when our clients use "Debit Cards" & "Rechargeable credit cards".

We apologize about the all of the problems.
All of other problems, bugs, errors on this new website, we keep fixing as soon as possible.
Hope everybody can continue to use our service.

Best Regards,

Masamichi Kuge,
Noppin (Crescent Trading, Inc.)

Posted Image

#16 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:18 PM

I got the same email. I'm not real sure how to decipher it. I hope it's better than the system they have now.
Here's my problem with them:
I authorize 12,000 yen to bid with. That amount is deducted from my paypal (Held).
I bid on 10 auctions that come out to 12,000 yen. I win those 10 auctions.
...ok here's where it get's stupid.....
As soon as the invoices come in for the won auctions I can pay for them,but NOT with the money I have authorized.
I have to have an additional 12,000+ (12,000+ because of fees) yen in my paypal account to pay for the auctions AGAIN.
So esentially I'm paying twice for the auctions before I can get the initial 12,000 yen refunded back to my account .
AND....
If you win 10 auctions,you have to pay for them ALL,before you can request a refund of your initial 'bid authorization'.
That's where I'm at now,
I have 12,000 yen authorized.
I've paid (AGAIN) for all but 1 auction (waiting for invoice).
So until I pay the 500+ yen for the last auction,I can't get a refund of the 12,000 yen,or even use that initial 12,00 to pay for any of the auctions.

Furthermore.....
If I was going to win a Kinnikuman DVD boxset (which I've seriously been thinking of doing)
I would need to 'authorize' the 30,000 yen or so,and have the same amount waiting in the wings in my account to pay for it again,before I can get the initial 'authorized' amount back.
~Pretty Lame! ;)

#17 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:25 PM

Very lame. I authorized 4000 yen, but had yet to bid with it.

#18 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:01 AM

I got the same email. I'm not real sure how to decipher it. I hope it's better than the system they have now.

From the way I read their e-mail when I got it, they seem to have seen the bad side of their change as shown by all the crap you had to deal with. I think that's the part they are gonna do away with, the authorizing of all the money and it being held. I don't think the payment system will be exactly like it was before, but I think it will be less of a strain n buyers.

To be honest, I stopped using them after the changes took place, so I will wait and see what happens now.
--Dave

#19 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

I stopped using them too. I bet they have lost a grip of money making the change. Should have left a good thing alone :thumbsup:

#20 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

:) Im done with Crescent/Noppin service. These crazy changes was a big mistake in thier part. I confused with there bidding and deposite system. Ive put a deposit when it was Crescent Shopping, and since the change, I cant bid on anything no more. What the hell happen to my old deposite? Do I have to put a second deposite to buying stuff? They screw everything up. Ive gotten my old deposite back and have cancel my account. Im one of possibly many who have cancel their account. There are other cheaper services to used beside this one.

#21 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

shopping mall japan has a minimum $20 with paypal deposit, and $50 with credit card but.... they give you 5x the amount of the deposit to bid with!

for clarification... i would totally recommend this site for anyone!

Edited by stoneyface, 04 November 2010 - 07:49 PM.

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#22 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:02 PM

That's kinda the way it is now with Crescent. You get 3x your bid limit,so it's pretty good. I'm sticking with them.
My last order was 8 diffrent auctions totalling about 150 figures,and the shipping was only $38 !

#23 tptbc

tptbc

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:20 AM

Today cannot access to http://www.noppin.com
Did anyone know what happen to their website? I've paid for my item won on Yahoo Japan Auction through Paypal. I have no idea how come the homepage stop running without noticification......?

#24 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:11 PM

I'm not sure what's going on. It won't come up for me either. They have about $75 of my money too.
I like the site,but it's been really sketchy lately ;)

#25 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:34 PM

Romandou.net is down as well, so it might just be a DNS issue for some carriers in Japan.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com