Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Customs now part of the Art Challenges

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:25 AM

Ok, here's the 2009 Challenge Calender!

January-February:
L.R.G. Vs M.o.t.U : Masters of the Universe battles/mash-ups/teams with L.R.G. figure lines.
Figure Joints customs Challenge : Will focus on articulation, joint durability/strength, and innovation. Will be found in Customs.
February-March:
Beastformers- Call of the wild : BBs regress and lose their anthromorphic properties.
L.R.G. Macro Challenge #1 : Instead of cats, we use L.R.G. figures. Focus on humor. Find in Sandbox
March-April:
L.R.G. Headshots : Portraits of your favorite L.R.G. figure or board member.
Figure paint and sculpt customs Challenge : Will fcus on painting quality and design, as well as custom sculpting. Will be found in customs.
April-May:
M.U.S.C.L.E. Zombies! : Muscles as zombies or fighting zombies.
May-June:
LRG Mashups : Covers mashups/teamups/versus of any 2 or more Lrg lines
Figure props and dioramas customs challenge : Will focus on the custom props and backdrops, and how well they fit the figure(s). Will be found in customs.
June-July:
G.P.K. & Cheap Toys : Covers both Cheap toys and the card line they're based off of. New card series also eligeble.
L.R.G. Macro Challenge #2 : Outdoor theme. May be cancelled if #1s participation is low. Find in sandbox.
July-August:
L.R.G. Figure Logo : A logo representing a single figure from LRG lines. Please keep in mind that the winner will have their logo painted on the patch!
August-Septmber:
Battlebeast M.I.A. : The animals that never got "beastformed" finally get their due.
September-October:
L.R.G. Workin for the weekend. : Lrg figures get jobs.
Figure Halloween customs Challenge : Customized to into costumes. Will be found in Customs.
L.R.G. Macro challenge #3 : Halloween themed. Will be found in Sandbox.
October-November:
M.I.M.P. Vs C.U.T.I.E.S : A true Versus challenge. Monsters chase and torment Cuties in distress, or are defeated by victorious vixens!
November-December:
L.R.G. Tattoo Grafix : LRG charachters designed into tat art, either pre or post needle.
Dacember-January2010:
Beastformers Vs Beastwars- Blood and Oil! : Another true Versus Challenge. BBs take on thier all-metal counterparts.

Ifigured if the fan art section has a new contest every month, the guys (and gals) here in customs might be up for challenges as well.

As in the Fan Art Challenges, the winner will recieve a hand-painted merit badge-style patch, as well as bragging rights. Send nothing in. Just post the best pics you can in the challenge topic, once it starts. Any FINISHED pics posted before the challenge could disqualify the entry. Continual challenges past these initial 4 will depend on participation.
Posted Image

#2 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:50 AM

L.R.G. Vs M.o.t.U : Masters of the Universe battles/mash-ups/teams with L.R.G. figure lines.

Custom Motu characters made using Muscle (or any LRG) figures?
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#3 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

i think the customs contest is much broader. the lrg vs motu is the art contest in the fan art section. the custom contest for january-february is focusing on just articulation. so the subject matter can be anything you choose i believe. just try and be innovative in how it is articulated.

you would read this calendar by looking at the lines highlighted in red and see what the contest guidlines are. the toyline is up to you though. he just made one giant post with all the fan challenges so he didn't have to type it a million times. i could be wrong though, reccoom will have to clarify for sure.

Edited by dankingery, 28 December 2008 - 09:46 AM.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#4 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:43 AM

Yep, I just highlighted the challenges relevant to the customs boards. I left the rest in, in case anyone in these forums was interested in the fan art or sandbox challenges.

To clarify on the first challenge: Focus only on the properties of good custom articulation.
poseability
strength of joints
new ideas in joints

I scheduled the paint/sculpt and props/backdrops challenges so that it would be possible to enter the same figure, in different stages, in all three.
Posted Image

#5 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:16 AM

I scheduled the paint/sculpt and props/backdrops challenges so that it would be possible to enter the same figure, in different stages, in all three.

awesome idea.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com