Happy Kinniku day!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TricoBren_*

Guest_TricoBren_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

Hi guys, it's been a while!

So today is Kinniku day in Japan and to celebrate the event, Yudetamago have collected and published all the one-shots that they have done over the past few years in one brand new volume! There's even a never before seen one-shot of Ramenman and Brocken JR!

Needless to say I picked it up first thing this morning!

Also, there's an event taking place this evening called the "Kinnikuman Carnival" which will feature all sorts of cool stuff like a live performance from Akira Kamiya and Yude themselves. I shall be going so I'll try and get some pics to share!!

Attached File  image.jpg   164.33K   16 downloads

#2 SubwayRats

SubwayRats

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

Jealous I am !

#3 GenericChoujin

GenericChoujin

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:All about Anime and Wrestling.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

Happy Kinnikuman Day ! ^_^ ( In my country is a little late to say this, but I'm being polite).It's a shame that I can not go to the ''Kinnikuman Carnival''. :mellow:

#4 Guest_TricoBren_*

Guest_TricoBren_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:44 AM

Apologies for the late update but I thought I'd share with you some of the photos I took at the Kinnikuman Carnival on Friday!!

So first up was a introduction by Yude followed by a sax performance of Go Fight! by current TV celeb, Kim Nikuman which was very funny. They followed up with a spotlight on two prominent pro-wrestlers and what growing up with Kinnikuman meant to them.

After that was a special appearance by Kinnikuman voice actor Akira Kamiya, which, if you're a fan of the anime, was amazing as he did loads of talking in the voice of Suguru which was amazing to hear first hand!

After that, there was an auction of various items, even a colored hand drawn portrait of "Woolman" a Chopin that, according to Shimada Sensei, will never see the light of day in the manga!!

There was a fascinating Q&A called "Deep of Muscle" which was about Kinnikuman and what lies in store for the future! This was VERY cool and my favorite part of the evening.

After that there was an appearance by some AKB48 member (yawn) which was swiftly followed by a Q&A with Akira Kamiya and the voice of Meat, Minori Matsushima.

In all it was a great night and I was only a little disappointed by the fact that Shimada Sensei Facebook mentioned me the following morning asking where I was because he wanted to say Hi!! If only I messaged him before the show started!! Damn my lack of forethought!!

Attached Files

#5 Kaworuden

Kaworuden

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:08 PM

There was a fascinating Q&A called "Deep of Muscle" which was about Kinnikuman and what lies in store for the future! This was VERY cool and my favorite part of the evening.

So... what is comming by? Any news on Mayuri series?

Posted Image

#6 Guest_TricoBren_*

Guest_TricoBren_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:28 AM

So... what is comming by? Any news on Mayuri series?

There was no mention of the Mayumi series unfortunately but they spoke about interesting decisions that were made during the course of the last 5 years. Stuff like the fact that Mister Khamen died really quickly against Turbomen because Nakai-sensei HATES drawing him and he pleaded to Shimada-sensei to kill him off ASAP!! lots and lots of interesting factoids like that were discussed. Also Peek-a-boo MAY be joining the Justice chojin. They are VERY tight-lipped about the future of the story but they hinted at a few things including an anime adaption of where of the original series left off.

If they ever release a DVD of the Carnival, I'll personally translate and sub it so you can all enjoy the event too..... Actually, I'll ask Yude if they have a DVD so I can do just that - Shimada-sensei seems to be keen on growing the fanbase overseas after all!

Edited by TricoBren, 09 September 2014 - 06:29 AM.

#7 CloakBass

CloakBass

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:18 PM

I know I'm a little late here but... awesome pics, Trico! I'm especially jealous of Kinnikuman's Street Fighter crossover shirt in that picture. I want it!

They are VERY tight-lipped about the future of the story but they hinted at a few things including an anime adaption of where of the original series left off.

Woah that would be huge. I would love to see some brand new Kinnikuman animation. I don't think we've had any since the Nisei adaption more than a decade ago. That DVD you mentioned sounds awesome too. Definitely post a link to it if you can :)

big bad boy from outer space - here to body slam the human race

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com