90 replies to this topic

#76 Wrath1104

Wrath1104

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:51 PM

You're right on the money ... I def saw this as The Blood of Heroes. I have to say, I don't need a post-apocalyptic future to look at Juggers ... I look at them already ;)

Thanks for the help. Now I'm still waiting for the other one to download to see if it's the right one ... I'm sure it will be though. You guys are Awesome!!!
If it weren't for the good guys, we'd all be BAD!

#77 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:47 AM

This may or may not be it, but your brief description is somewhat reminiscent of Wacko.

Na, can't say that rings a bell. Though I feel like I've seen it.

The girl was a blonde I think. Also don't recall much taking place away from the home. Though my recollection may be off, I do believe the box art had the house and family on the front in the caricature form. Also want to say it was in a brown or gold clamshell case, but could have been just an old rental case.

Posted Image

#78 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:05 PM

Movie #1: Not sure of the year, but I can say that I saw it on Pay Per View when I was in grade school (I graduated in '95). I don't remember if there are any known actors/actresses. The main character, I think, was a female. Pretty much all the characters wear black clothes/armor. It takes place in a Post-Apocalyptic desert, and the plot revolves around some sort of game they play, kinda like Rugby. But the ball is a skull, and the goal is to take it from one end of the arena to the other, and put it on a spike. At some point the characters go underground, but I don't remember anything else.

Rutger Hauer and a young Vincent D'Onofrio in "The Blood of Heroes"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094764/

Looks like Fuzz IDed this already

Edited by OmegaTraf, 06 October 2010 - 05:08 PM.

#79 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:56 PM

I also have a mystery 80's film that I saw as a kid that freaked me out, and I cannot find its name. Basically, it begins with a scene of a teenage girl's birthday party with her friends all around the cake table goofing around. From there each of the party guests gets killed in different gruesome situations. One gets pushed into the spokes of a motorcycle, another (the girl's boyfriend) gets a kabob stick through his throat, and so on. Finally it turns out that the girl is the murderer, and she arranges all of the corpses around the same party table. There is audio from the opening party scene playing as it pans around the dead faces. That's about it.

It might have been a TV movie of sorts. I saw it when I was between 4-6 years old. I'm 29 now. Any ideas? It sounds great doesn't it?

Thanks, sorry to distract...

Jonny :lol:

#80 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:17 AM

I also have a mystery 80's film that I saw as a kid that freaked me out, and I cannot find its name. Basically, it begins with a scene of a teenage girl's birthday party with her friends all around the cake table goofing around. From there each of the party guests gets killed in different gruesome situations. One gets pushed into the spokes of a motorcycle, another (the girl's boyfriend) gets a kabob stick through his throat, and so on. Finally it turns out that the girl is the murderer, and she arranges all of the corpses around the same party table. There is audio from the opening party scene playing as it pans around the dead faces. That's about it.

It might have been a TV movie of sorts. I saw it when I was between 4-6 years old. I'm 29 now. Any ideas? It sounds great doesn't it?

Thanks, sorry to distract...

Jonny :lol:

Sounds like Happy Birthday to Me. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082498/

Posted Image

#81 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:24 PM

did we all give up? :lol: i really want to know what this film is!

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#82 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:51 PM

did we all give up? :lol: i really want to know what this film is!

Heh, not as much as I do, but sadly, the quest continues...

#83 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:06 PM

That's it! Good luck on the other. I'm easy.

#84 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:50 PM

Two days ago I was watching a collection of direct-to-vhs trailers from 1992, and came across this:

It looked to be very close to the title I was trying to find, right down to the flamboyant underground DJ. I quickly downloaded a copy and confirmed my suspicions; I have finally identified this crapfest of a film!

Though my recollections were a bit hazy for a movie I haven't seen in over 20 years, I was pleased to see that many of the weird scenes were very much like I remembered them.

Ironically, I had watched the prequel to this film not that long ago, but still had no idea it was connected to the one I was trying to remember. Only the second film in this trilogy about underground fighters actually involved fighting underground, which I never would have guessed without seeing the trailer.

I am quite satisfied with having finally identified this piece of my childhood memories.

#85 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 06:17 PM

Wow.  I actually remembered this thread, and was going to post the suggestion of 'find old TV guides from that time period.'  But a month before...  You actually found it.

I've seen Blood of Heroes now, and it's pretty great.  I recommend it.  I also own Arena in a four-pack with America 3000, Time Guardian and Eliminators now.  I also found the TV program I was remembering, though it was terrible...  It was made by Mississippi's educational television station and was called Tomes and Talismans.  I remembered its synth-based intro for over twenty years, and I was only one note off.  I was surprised how long that memory lasted with little decay.

Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#86 Maxrez

Maxrez

Cosmic Loot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:51 AM

I will use that thread necromancy to suggest a movie:

Radioactive Dreams (1985) by Albert Pyun (omega doom, kickboxer, alien from LA,Cyborg)

It inspired the fallout serie i think, it's the story of two guys from a vault after a nuclear apocalypse.

Attached Files

Edited by Maxrez, 02 January 2017 - 04:54 AM.

#87 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

I am going to have to watch this tonight somehow! I have been trying to ID a movie for the passed 22+ years and this seems like it might be the one! All I remember though about it is a bunch of guys in a cage or jail  and another guy clasps hands with one of them and says "Deuce!"...Me and my uncle would always do the deuce hand clasp!  But thats all i remember!! 

#88 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:28 PM

Two days ago I was watching a collection of direct-to-vhs trailers from 1992, and came across this:

It looked to be very close to the title I was trying to find, right down to the flamboyant underground DJ. I quickly downloaded a copy and confirmed my suspicions; I have finally identified this crapfest of a film!

Though my recollections were a bit hazy for a movie I haven't seen in over 20 years, I was pleased to see that many of the weird scenes were very much like I remembered them.

Ironically, I had watched the prequel to this film not that long ago, but still had no idea it was connected to the one I was trying to remember. Only the second film in this trilogy about underground fighters actually involved fighting underground, which I never would have guessed without seeing the trailer.

I am quite satisfied with having finally identified this piece of my childhood memories.

This film looks bloody amazing.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#89 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:39 PM

I have been trying to ID a movie for the passed 22+ years and this seems like it might be the one! All I remember though about it is a bunch of guys in a cage or jail  and another guy clasps hands with one of them and says "Deuce!"

Sounds like it could possibly be South Central?

#90 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:41 PM

Sounds like it could possibly be South Central?

Oh Man! That may be it also haha!! Im gonna have to watch both now! Thanks man! It really would bring back some serious memories!!

#91 Ghoulette

Ghoulette

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:01 AM

I'm happy I stumbled across this undead thread, read through all 4 pages and tripled my movies to watch list  e+

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com