http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=160201372705

Wow! ;) :blush:

#2 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:18 PM

I just picked up the same Jimmy Squarefoot for a total of $2.99 it also came with 9 other random figures.
I was just talking to Marty about these earlier tonite. :blush:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:19 PM

And the seller just made over $200 on that Canada Muscle lot that he originally had those 2 figures in to begin with!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...I...A:IT&ih=005

Eff! :blush:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#4 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:21 PM

I never like seeing guys with private feedback like that. Hope they sold fair and square.

Were the Leviathan and Centaur the reason his MUSCLE lot was relisted minus two figures? I could see him thinking they were blue MUSCLEs.

#5 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:24 PM

I never like seeing guys with private feedback like that. Hope they sold fair and square.

Were the Leviathan and Centaur the reason his MUSCLE lot was relisted minus two figures? I could see him thinking they were blue MUSCLEs.

Yup!I think soemone here contacted him and let him know what he had in that lot.
Maybe tried buying both the figures straight up.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 8bithorror

8bithorror

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:29 PM

Hey, can you guys explain why most of the people that bid are named like...o**o, and p**p, crap like that. i've seen this before. i always wondered what it was.

#7 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:30 PM

Education - shizznitty for collectors, awesome for sellers! :blush:

#8 Guest_diplomatx_*

Guest_diplomatx_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:30 PM

WHY THE OUTRAGOUS ENDING PRICE FOR...........EXPLAIN 2 ME SOME ONE PLEASE......

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:31 PM

Hey, can you guys explain why most of the people that bid are named like...o**o, and p**p, crap like that. i've seen this before. i always wondered what it was.

That's to protect the identity of bidders when an auction goes over $100, or $200, I don't know the exact amount. It's a newer, and stupid, eBay policy.

#10 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:44 PM

Thats not too bad for those two figures. I've seen those same two sell for upwards of $180 each and at least once I've seen a Leviathan for well over $200. The frustrating part is that its the same people who buy these figures over and over again and are willing to pay outrageous amounts for them. Its like they have the money to completely corner the market on all of the series 3 figures. Not to mention the fact that it seems there are some noobs who are paying through the nose for any lot they can get their hands on. Then there are the people who want rediculous amounts of money for their figures and start an auction super high. MIMP has become very frustrating for the person who isnt willing to mortgage his house so he can own toys.

#11 Guest_Dark Clown_*

Guest_Dark Clown_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:07 AM

Thats not too bad for those two figures. I've seen those same two sell for upwards of $180 each and at least once I've seen a Leviathan for well over $200. The frustrating part is that its the same people who buy these figures over and over again and are willing to pay outrageous amounts for them. Its like they have the money to completely corner the market on all of the series 3 figures. Not to mention the fact that it seems there are some noobs who are paying through the nose for any lot they can get their hands on. Then there are the people who want rediculous amounts of money for their figures and start an auction super high. MIMP has become very frustrating for the person who isnt willing to mortgage his house so he can own toys.

LoL not to bad?!? ... Do you want to buy my series 3 doubles please?
Scott Andrew Hutchins had defined the price for series 3 mimps about 12U$, ~5 years ago...
Don't know why series 3 mimps are so expensive right now, there are a lot more uncommon figures in this toyline.

#12 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:09 AM

LoL not to bad?!? ... Do you want to buy my series 3 doubles please?
Scott Andrew Hutchins had defined the price for series 3 mimps about 12U$, ~5 years ago...
Don't know why series 3 mimps are so expensive right now, there are a lot more uncommon figures in this toyline.

That was reletive speaking. For recent eBay auctions, it isnt bad. Thats why I havent bought any on eBay, because they arent worth that much to me. If you would want to sell them for to me for $12USD though, I'd gladly take you up on the offer. But chances are, you wouldnt want to do that when you could put them on eBay and get around $100 USD for them. 5 years ago they might have been worth $12, but with demand going up, the prices have gone up too. I mean, a person can "say" that something is worth any amount but its only really worth what people are willing to pay.

I agree with you though. I dont know why people are paying hundreds of dollars for series 3 figures when there are lots with yellow Kali and red Catoblepas going for much lower. Then again, all MIMP lots have been going super high as of late.

#13 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:27 AM

Does anyone know if a pink Blemmyea is worth anything?

#14 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:39 AM

Does anyone know if a pink Blemmyea is worth anything?

I'll give you $12 for it, hahah.

#15 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:44 AM

Does that mean chances are I'd get a buttload for it on ebay?

Edited by DaHumorist, 31 January 2008 - 08:52 AM.

#16 8bithorror

8bithorror

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

Does that mean chances are I'd get a buttload for it on ebay?

$90-130 i think is about the average. who knows though know with all the figures going for crazy prices.

#17 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:36 PM

What's even more amazing is that these are the common series 3 colors from Shreddies and not even the rare series 3 colors exclusive to Big Boy! I really can't believe the common ones are going for more than $40-50 a pop like they were 6 months ago and even then I thought that was high.
-Barry

#18 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:42 PM

Well, my dude came with the Monsters In My Pocket videogame for NES back in the day.

#19 PSlulitt

PSlulitt

MIMP Fiend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:46 PM

Yeah, I paid about $10 for an unopened Big Boy's kids pack six or seven years ago on eBay, and got an unopened Jimmy Squarefoot figure for $5-15 at the most around the same time.

I think the reason even uncommon figures are going for ridiculous prices is because everyone's selling them in huge lots, and everyone trying to complete their collection is buying up the entire thing for one or two figures and figuring they can make up the difference for whatever price they pay by turning around and reselling the duplicates.

If people were only selling individual figures, I think you'd see what they were actually worth, but unfortunately the few people that are selling single figures are basing their prices on what they see the bulk auctions going for, so even common-color series one monsters are all listed for $2-3 a piece.

Edited by PSlulitt, 31 January 2008 - 02:47 PM.

#20 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:58 PM

If people were only selling individual figures, I think you'd see what they were actually worth, but unfortunately the few people that are selling single figures are basing their prices on what they see the bulk auctions going for, so even common-color series one monsters are all listed for $2-3 a piece.

I dont think this is the case. I've been seeing single series 3 figures figures going for between $80-$200 for at least 6 months now. I do agree that people are starting to pay more for common figure lots but the uncommon figures have been going for big bucks for at least half a year now.

#21 PSlulitt

PSlulitt

MIMP Fiend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:30 PM

I dont think this is the case. I've been seeing single series 3 figures figures going for between $80-$200 for at least 6 months now. I do agree that people are starting to pay more for common figure lots but the uncommon figures have been going for big bucks for at least half a year now.

Whoops--I was referring to the common figures selling individually.

Series 3 figures have been selling for $30-75 for a couple of years at least, though as you said, they--as well as even the most common of series one monsters--have certainly been climbing up even higher recently.

#22 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=320210575128

How bad of a score was this? I went after it mostly for the Loch Ness Monster figure but it didn't seem like the worst possible way to get started on a collection.

The pricing for a lot of 46 the guy had (320210584333) didn't impress me quite as much, even though I'm a MIMP noob and see there's a couple rare ones in there.

#23 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:16 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=320210575128

How bad of a score was this? I went after it mostly for the Loch Ness Monster figure but it didn't seem like the worst possible way to get started on a collection.

The pricing for a lot of 46 the guy had (320210584333) didn't impress me quite as much, even though I'm a MIMP noob and see there's a couple rare ones in there.

As far as I know (and I'm not a MiMP expert though I'm pretty knowledgeable) is that only the series 3 figures were found in Shreddies and this guy misrepresented the lot. Those are just a pair of common figures from series 2 probably worth $1 between the two of them. Any of the serious collectors correct me if I'm wrong but I think you just got scammed by someone using the MiMP buzzword that's been making a lot of money lately.
-Barry

#24 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

Bah, how ridiculous then. And I'm usually not the sort to get conned. Thoughts on what, if anything, I could do?

#25 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:56 PM

Yeah, those are pretty common figures. I saw this lot and thought, "geez, is this guy really trying to pass those two figures off of as being rare?" Apparently, it worked though. Sorry bout your luck but those two figures are pretty easy to score. I have them looking at me right now. As far as what you can do... I have no idea.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com