#26 keywolf

keywolf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:49 AM

Ah, good detectiving sir....

I always watch these series 3 models on ebay, but the prices they go for are just insane sometimes. I nearly got put off entirely when I saw one go for £100!

#27 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:37 PM

Ah, good detectiving sir....

I always watch these series 3 models on ebay, but the prices they go for are just insane sometimes. I nearly got put off entirely when I saw one go for £100!

I know all too well about what prices this particular series of figs fetch. Fact is, I myself didn't pluck up any courage nor have the desire to collect these things until around February this year and guess what, I've been registered with ebay for five whole years this month!!!!

So even speaking from a major enthusiast's point of view, I couldn't agree with you more on that one.

#28 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

Master of the Palm and Foot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:32 AM

Yeah kinda new here so sorry for the bump, but I do agree on getting freaked out by the prices some of these carry, especially since my interest is isolated to Series 1/2/3 (I never liked the Super Scaries, even as a kid in Britain. They looked lower in quality to me save for the spider Astaroth). And to top it off found out that apparently as said kid in Britain some of us never had the chance to even get them all for religious reasons? o_O

*sighs* Ah well, beats the prices I'm seeing people charge for those Attack Pack toys...

#29 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Mini Monocoloured Rubber and Plastic Figures from everywhere. Mainly MIMPs, Gormiti, OMFG!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:38 PM

The rarest figures, just considering 3 first series (probably the best series of this toy line) are Orobas Sculpts in Big boy's secret pack colour variants...
Never seen an Orobas in Tyrian purple or Yellowish Orange from Secret pack...
I'm not sure but it's possible there are Orobas variants in Clear Green and Variant Pink, too.
However just for reply to some people about this topic, I opened about 5-6 Big boy's Secret Monster's pack collecting them and I've found figures in Hard Rubber in Clear Green and one Hard Rubber-Yellowish Leviathan with upsidedown 30 points number (I think an Ultra rare piece)...
So I can tell to the MIMPs collectors, with no doubts, all of them are original...
Absolutely not fake figures and between the first 3 series, these are the rarest figures to get surely.
MIMPs 4€v€r ;) Cheers all!!

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 03 December 2009 - 11:53 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com