81 replies to this topic

#1 liprandi

liprandi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:27 PM

<_< Hi! I'm Marco, and I'm new to this forum. I'm an Italian toy collector (I enjoy them, and could not leave them in their boxes) and I love many toy lines. Recently, here in Italy, the Gormiti became the fever of every kid. The strange thing is that they are an Italian product (the most popular toys here are all imported) and, I have to admit, they are very well done. Reportedly, Gormiti were born in 2005, and since then they have become a 90 millions euros business!
The only bad thing about them is that they are a bit expensive: 1,90 euros (2.8 $) for each one... often more. With the risk (I would say certainty) of of buying many doubles (they are sold in little bags, like the old Monsters In My Pocket).
In the first series they were nice, but in the following series there have been some wonderful ones... Like TARTANTICA, which I have got!
At the moment I have about 90 different Gormiti, almost all of them are from the Mythos and Energheia series... but I think I will buy more!

Well. if you have any questions about Gormiti, I will answer from their own country!

#2 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:42 PM

Welcome to LRG Marco <_<

Tartantica is probably my all time favorite Gormiti but you're right about the price! The availability for us non Italy residents sucks too :yes:

Do you have any of the new 'beasts' that acompany certain figures from the new series? They look awesome...

Posted Image

#3 liprandi

liprandi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:29 PM

Welcome to LRG Marco <_<

Tartantica is probably my all time favorite Gormiti but you're right about the price! The availability for us non Italy residents sucks too :yes:

Do you have any of the new 'beasts' that acompany certain figures from the new series? They look awesome...

Hello. Thank's for your welcome. If you are thinking about these boxes
Posted Image I have something to say about these figures.
With the increasing success of the series, Giochi Preziosi started producing different toys about the same characters, first of all real multi-jointed action figures. Their name is "Gormiti Magnetici", as in addition to their joints they sport magnetic removable limbs. These figures are bigger in size (circa three inches, with joints at shoulder, groin, neck, knees and elbows) and each figure comes with a beast or a vehicle featuring some action feature (like spring loaded cannons) and some joints. They could look cool, but the real toy is poorly executed and very expensive: more than 30 euros for a figure just that big! More, they make just a few characters (two from every people, a People Leader about six inches tall, and a common soldier, three inches tall). The latest creations in the Gormiti line are two series: Mythos and Energheia. The Gormiti Mythos are repaints of the third series, featuring some cool action features (glow-in-the-dark paint jobs, color change in contact with cold or hot water and the new color change in exposition to the sun), and Energheia that are all new and cool-looking sculpts.
Ciao

#4 liprandi

liprandi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:41 PM

Welcome to LRG Marco <_<

Hello. Thank's for your welcome. If you are thinking about these boxes
With the increasing success of the series, Giochi Preziosi started producing different toys about the same characters, first of all real multi-jointed action figures. Their name is "Gormiti Magnetici", as in addition to their joints they sport magnetic removable limbs. These figures are bigger in size (circa three inches, with joints at shoulder, groin, neck, knees and elbows) and each figure comes with a beast or a vehicle featuring some action feature (like spring loaded cannons) and some joints. They could look cool, but the real toy is poorly executed and very expensive: more than 30 euros for a figure just that big! More, they make just a few characters (two from every people, a People Leader about six inches tall, and a common soldier, three inches tall). The latest creations in the Gormiti line are two series: Mythos and Energheia. The Gormiti Mythos are repaints of the third series, featuring some cool action features (glow-in-the-dark paint jobs, color change in contact with cold or hot water and the new color change in exposition to the sun), and Energheia that are all new and cool-looking sculpts.
Ciao

Sorry: I've forgotten something. I'm Marco, 26 years old, but I share my passion for toys with my older brother Paolo, 30 years old, so, some posts will be written by me and some by my brother: that's why probably you will notice some differences in the posts we will write.
Again, Ciao

#5 Guest_Dark Clown_*

Guest_Dark Clown_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:57 PM

The latest creations in the Gormiti line are two series: Mythos and Energheia. The Gormiti Mythos are repaints of the third series, featuring some cool action features (glow-in-the-dark paint jobs, color change in contact with cold or hot water and the new color change in exposition to the sun), and Energheia that are all new and cool-looking sculpts.
Ciao

Energheia are beefy resculpts of series 1 and series mystica gormiti aren't they?

#6 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:08 PM

Oh, I smell custom!!! Look at the yellow guy guys. He had the body of Spark Shark. I could see some kewl things happening with those. I used to have a bunch of Gormiti but they just got to expensive for me. So I sold them all to Matthewfitz

Anyways welcome to the board liprandi!!!

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#7 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:34 PM

The new series coming out shortly looks nothing short of BADASS! I would love to get my hands on some of these but the only option I've seen available so far for the new series is a guy on eBay wanting roughly $200 for a box of 49 boosters. I'd be down to go in on some if other members are interested.
-Barry

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 liprandi

liprandi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:19 AM

Oh, I smell custom!!! Look at the yellow guy guys. He had the body of Spark Shark. I could see some kewl things happening with those. I used to have a bunch of Gormiti but they just got to expensive for me. So I sold them all to Matthewfitz

Anyways welcome to the board liprandi!!!

WhiteLeo

Hi. The two Gormiti in the picture are not customs, here in Italy, you can find action figures with jointed limbs, as well as little magnetic Gormiti... I have two magnetic ones, but I don't like them, because they are so tiny that they often break apart because of the small size of the magnetic joints. I think the two in the picture are prototypes, because the commercialized product is not very well produced.
Posted Image
I've taken this picture from the web, but I own this one. It has the same size of the regular one, and I thin the sculpt is just retooled... too small to make it with interchangeable magnetic limbs. Also, these little guys are so different from each other that you can not make the limbs from a figure connect well to another (I'm sorry for my bad bad English).
Posted Image
This is one of the action figures: the leaders from each people are 12 cm tall (more than two and a half inches). The other characters are smaller, and you can find them with their rides... In toy stores, you have to pay 30 euros for a box with an action figure slightly taller than two inches, and his ride!!! I don't like them very much, and they are way too expensive. I prefer the regular ones.
I've already eaten Gormiti chocolate eggs and coins, kids here in Italy have Carnevale (sort of Halloween) costumes to dress like their Gormiti heroes. There are Gormiti everywhere!
Ciao!

#9 liprandi

liprandi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:28 AM

The latest creations in the Gormiti line are two series: Mythos and Energheia. The Gormiti Mythos are repaints of the third series, featuring some cool action features (glow-in-the-dark paint jobs, color change in contact with cold or hot water and the new color change in exposition to the sun), and Energheia that are all new and cool-looking sculpts.
Ciao

Energheia are beefy resculpts of series 1 and series mystica gormiti aren't they?

Hi. I'm Marco, and my brother is better informed than me. But I think you're right: I have the two versions of Furia Cieca (Blind Fury)... The resculpts are awesome!
Furia Cieca Energheia
and his old pal
Furia Cieca Mystica.
I'm not selling these items, but I thought it was faster to find pictures on ebay.
Ciao!

#10 liprandi

liprandi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:38 AM

The new series coming out shortly looks nothing short of BADASS! I would love to get my hands on some of these but the only option I've seen available so far for the new series is a guy on eBay wanting roughly $200 for a box of 49 boosters. I'd be down to go in on some if other members are interested.
-Barry

Posted Image

Posted Image

They are not yet for sale in stores, I'm waiting! Yesterday I've bought four bags of Mythos from a news stand, but obviously they were all doubles! I've been stupid, I know, but I wanted to open some of these little bags.
When the new series will come out, I will get a little less doubles for a while.

Last Saturday my brother Paolo and I have spent 140 euros to buy about 300 Kinkeshi from Japan, and 30 euros to buy twelve boxed ones from France. Maybe we would better grow up! But I've never seen Kinkeshi here in Italy, neither Muscles, and they are much more cool than our Exogini (just a knock off of Muscles) from 20 years ago. I hope that those items will arrive intact.
Now, I have to go to work.
Ciao, Marco

#11 Skorpjone

Skorpjone

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:AS Roma football club, Muscle, Exogini, Videogames, Retroarcade (arcade Mame Cabinet owner), my girl, my dogs, my cats, my family and my Yamaha YZF R6...........

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:45 AM

:rolleyes: Hi! I'm Marco, and I'm new to this forum. I'm an Italian toy collector (I enjoy them, and could not leave them in their boxes) and I love many toy lines. Recently, here in Italy, the Gormiti became the fever of every kid. The strange thing is that they are an Italian product (the most popular toys here are all imported) and, I have to admit, they are very well done. Reportedly, Gormiti were born in 2005, and since then they have become a 90 millions euros business!
The only bad thing about them is that they are a bit expensive: 1,90 euros (2.8 $) for each one... often more. With the risk (I would say certainty) of of buying many doubles (they are sold in little bags, like the old Monsters In My Pocket).
In the first series they were nice, but in the following series there have been some wonderful ones... Like TARTANTICA, which I have got!
At the moment I have about 90 different Gormiti, almost all of them are from the Mythos and Energheia series... but I think I will buy more!

Well. if you have any questions about Gormiti, I will answer from their own country!

Hi, liprandi!!!! I'm Italian too, and I've some gormiti.......if you want I can sell them to you....if you have some exogino or m.u.s.c.l.e., I'm interested in exchange! contact me (in Italian language, obviously!!!!)......my email is fe.franci@libero.it.
I can send you a photo of my gormiti! I've also a small group of mini gormiti contained in chocolate eggs!!!!!

#12 Stracol

Stracol

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:06 AM

Lipradi write me..

stracol@voila.fr

i have so much ideas about gormiti!!

#13 liprandi

liprandi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

-Barry

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi! I' reading some news about the upcoming series Final Evolution. Here is the link, in Italian language, but I will try to translate something
Final Evolution
translation:
"The Gormiti from the new series Final Evolution are subdivided in 13 different peoples, 7 of these are brand new peoples, counting a total of 84 new characters. In addition to the old peoples, you will find: the People of Bones, the People of Diamonds, the People of the Burning Forest, the People of Ice, the People of Metal, the People of the Sun and the People of the Moon.
In the Island of Gorm, some terrible new events must have occurred, to determine the birth or the evolution of these new characters. A total perturbation among the forces that keep challenging each others looking for victory. Will the forces of Good be able to impose upon the evil ones?
The new series of Gormiti features new wonderful colors, like the new metal colors, and new abilities of color changing when exposed to sunlight or to changes in temperature. The new Gormiti will be released in small bags, as usual, with a wonderful booklet telling the story of the world of Gorm."
Well, that's the best I can do in translating.
Ciao!

#14 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:18 PM

Could any of you friends from Italy keep this post updated when the Final Evolution series becomes available? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
-Barry

#15 liprandi

liprandi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:50 PM

Could any of you friends from Italy keep this post updated when the Final Evolution series becomes available? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
-Barry

Yes, I will keep you informed...
Marco

#16 liprandi

liprandi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:58 PM

At the moment you can only book the box with 49 boosters from a site, the price is 109 euros without shipping. But I cannot tell you when they will become really available.

#17 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:37 AM

Those Final Evolution figures look awesome :lol:

For anyone (like me) who missed out on much of the 1st Series it looks like a 3rd country now has Gormiti and they have started with Series 1. GERMANY!

I just picked up a full display box on ebay for $125 although I don't know what shipping will be yet :)

The listing is nearly over but it looks like the guy may have some left once it's finished

GERMAN AUCTION

If Germany are only just getting Series 1 maybe there is hope for the rest of Europe, and who knows, the World!
Liprandi reckoned Gormiti had become a 90 million euro business since 2005, and that's almost solely in Italy. Surely they must be pushing this to distributors worldwide??

Posted Image

#18 Guest_Dark Clown_*

Guest_Dark Clown_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:31 AM

Those Final Evolution figures look awesome :lol:

For anyone (like me) who missed out on much of the 1st Series it looks like a 3rd country now has Gormiti and they have started with Series 1. GERMANY!

I just picked up a full display box on ebay for $125 although I don't know what shipping will be yet :)

The listing is nearly over but it looks like the guy may have some left once it's finished

GERMAN AUCTION

If Germany are only just getting Series 1 maybe there is hope for the rest of Europe, and who knows, the World!
Liprandi reckoned Gormiti had become a 90 million euro business since 2005, and that's almost solely in Italy. Surely they must be pushing this to distributors worldwide??

Hi Matt, I checked out this auction and it seems those Gormiti aren't from Germany but from the UK. The text on the box is english and there are some gormiti auctions on ebay UK with the same "series 1" labels. But those aren't series 1 they are Energheia Gormiti (the new and beefy form of series 1). Original series one Gormiti are a lot more expensive (about 400€ for the complete set in italy).

#19 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:22 PM

it seems that gormiti arrive in france !! a friend says me they are in TRU, with a vulcano, and 2 other playsets. i'll go tomorrow in my TRU to see it !

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#20 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:36 PM

Dark Clown: Really? I'll be dissapointed if they are not Series 1 as the image suggests. But for that price I'd take any case of 49 Gormiti so not too dissapointed :D what makes you think they are not German? The seller has a German address and has written to me in German. Do you think it's a scam? if so, God bless PayPal :)

Truman: Nice :) I'd be interested to see if they launch at Series 1 and to what extent?

If this line is being released across Europe I can see resell the price dropping - happy days :yes:

Posted Image

#21 Guest_Dark Clown_*

Guest_Dark Clown_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:08 AM

Dark Clown: Really? I'll be dissapointed if they are not Series 1 as the image suggests. But for that price I'd take any case of 49 Gormiti so not too dissapointed :D what makes you think they are not German? The seller has a German address and has written to me in German. Do you think it's a scam? if so, God bless PayPal :)

Truman: Nice :) I'd be interested to see if they launch at Series 1 and to what extent?

If this line is being released across Europe I can see resell the price dropping - happy days :yes:

@Matt
Hmm... I am not sure but I am in Germany right now and don't recognize them here. On the other hand there is no single german word on the box and those labels seems to be like the UK ones.
But I don't think the seller will scam you. Maybe he got those boxes from the UK or something.
It would be nice if the price drops and if series mystica will be relaunched elsewhere .

#22 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:05 PM

Dark Clown: It didn't click that you were saying Gormiti are now available in the UK!

as far as being available in Germany, I think this pic shows the German packaging:

Posted Image

At the moment it looks like they are only on-line, currently 2 sellers on ebay and then Amazon etc

It appears they are retailing at $4 each...(which means the box is still a very good deal B))

Having a mooch around ebay it looks like they are being released or have been released in Germany, Spain and the UK so far. (edit: forgot to add France too!)

www.gormiti.co.uk - UK
www.gormiti.es - SPAIN
www.gormiti.de - GERMANY

Could Gormiti be the true 'modern day M.U.S.C.L.E' and do what Fistful of Power couldn't? looking at the storming start they've had in Italy and now what seems like almost certain domination of Europe. I think so. But that's just my opinion :)

Lets hope they make it to the US and beyond... (maybe the LRG store would be a good start?? :))

Edited by matthewf1tz, 16 January 2008 - 03:08 PM.

Posted Image

#23 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:52 PM

Hey fitz you gonna be keeping the whole box or sell/trade some here? :)

#24 liprandi

liprandi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:36 PM

Those Final Evolution figures look awesome B)

GERMAN AUCTION

Hi. I hope there will still be a great variety in designs... I don't like these few Final Evolution figures very much. I think the best sculpts were in the second and in the Energheia series. I like the crazy look of this guy: L'Anonimo Multiforme

#25 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:43 PM

One feature of this toy line that I especially love are the cards! The figures of every mini-fig toy line would be nicely complemented by a personal card with cool artwork. B)

(Hm, that gives me an idea... :) )
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com