• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Randommaddness

Randommaddness

Titleless One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:Quicker to list the things i don't collect.

Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:57 PM

First, i was looking at a pile of my spare BB and noticed some have holes on the left foot, some dont. What are they there for??? No playset or vehicles have pegs.

And secondly, has anyone even seen a sunburst Battle Beast??? Or they rare like stone cobra?

Edited by Randommaddness, 17 September 2016 - 06:58 PM.

#2 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:14 PM

I think the sunburst is kind of rare from what I remember. Let me know if you wanna trade your spares!

#3 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:23 PM

Also down for spare trading. Watch out for fake new sticker sunbursts on ebay. You can see the sunburst without heat.

#4 bot3ro

bot3ro

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts - Laser Beasts - Beast Saga - Nintendo - Photography - Travel - Scuba Diving - Football

Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:46 PM

Not sure if you are only referring to series 1-3 now or also talking about laser beasts. But some laser beasts came with a shield battler. The chariot has a peg that allows you to place your laser beast on it. As for sunburst I have a sunburst lion and I know a few more that have one.

#5 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 05:45 AM

I believe the reason they started adding the holes is that Takara designed series 1 before making their deal with Hasbro. Most likely Hasbro wanted the holes so they could be used with other Hasbro lines. I used to stick them on the pegs of G I Joe vehicles. And yes later on the shield battler sleds used them too

#6 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:13 PM

Not much to add to the replies above so just some details;

- The holes underneath the feet, like Shadowbat mentioned, were added in order to make it easier to connect the figs to the playsets and vehicles within the line. Or at least that must have been the initial reason for it because they´re added to the Beasts from series 2 and up when Takara and Hasbro worked together with Hasbro being responsible for the design of the vehicles, playsets and later on the sleds for the Laser Beasts. Those sleds are actually the ONLY pieces within this toyline that came with the little ¨pegs¨ (?) that´d fit with the holes underneath the feet. They also fit in the back of the hole you´ll find on the LB´s orb btw so they´re also able to carry their sleds around in a ¨backpack¨ kind of way. No clue why only those sleds were given these pegs but probably because the size of the platforms for the Beasts to stand on with the other vehicles and playsets were large enough whereas positioning the Beasts on a sled without that peg would make things a bit more tricky. Still there most have been more thoughts behind it or its and idea they´d to be integrating a whole lot further to make it work with the other things (the vehicles and playsets or even other lines from Hasbro) as well in order to make it more understandable. Series 1 Beasts were indeed designed before the real connection with Hasbro came so that´s where it had to come from since all Beasts produced after Hasbro joined in on this line had a hole underneath their foot....

- When it comes to the Sunburst its on one side very clear because the Sunburst in Japan was only available via the Sunburst boxset in which you could either find the Clear Gator or the Pirate Lion with the Sunburst rubsign attached. The US, from Series 2, should´ve had some Beast with the Sunburst Sticker attached based on the campaign they had and which was also visible on some of the Carded packages telling you could find a Sunburst Beasts inside a pack if you´re lucky. So far no 100% confirmed stories are known of a Sunburst rub actually ever being found in such a package type. And there are rumors that the campaign was actually a bust because there were simply no Sunburst rubs around in the US so each Beast apart from the Lion you´ll find with a Sunburst rub is questionable because after all these years and with the knowledge out here it is plausible that there were indeed no Sunburst rubs in the US two packs which were advertised that way. With the Sunburst rub being so famous/mythical its not strange that reproductions of this rubsign have been made meaning you´ll have to be careful not to get a fake one. Finding a genuine Sunburst Beast with an original rub attached is pretty tough because they don´t seem to come by very often.

Edited by Beastformers, 19 September 2016 - 03:35 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com