• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:58 PM

Hi, it's been a while since I showed my face around these parts - sorry about that.

ANYWAY, I got some Stretch Screamers through the post today - the mad scientist, the creature, and the American football-ish skeleton thing.

Just a small question about them really... Are they supposed to scream when I stretch them? Mine don't, and I was worried they'd snap if I stretched them any further than I have. Is it truthful?

My comics blog - mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s
Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#2 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

Hi, it's been a while since I showed my face around these parts - sorry about that.

ANYWAY, I got some Stretch Screamers through the post today - the mad scientist, the creature, and the American football-ish skeleton thing.

Just a small question about them really... Are they supposed to scream when I stretch them? Mine don't, and I was worried they'd snap if I stretched them any further than I have. Is it truthful?

I think they had buttons on them that you pushed. Not sure they stretched and screamed w/o pressing the buttons though.

I have a complete set of the minis if you are interested in them...just pm me. :rolleyes: (I have mad scientist, creature, skeleton guy, robot, mummy, etc...) A couple they never released due to some safety issue prior to release to the masses.

The creature my sons had and loved him to death when they were small.

TGB

#3 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:43 PM

Ooh, what were the unreleased ones like?

#4 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:35 PM

Ooh, what were the unreleased ones like?

2 of them were recalled. One was an orange monster and the other was either a plain skeleton or a brown monster w/ a skeleton face. It was so long ago and I remember seeing the prototypes and when my sons were trying to get them all they kept asking why they were missing 2. They weren't, they were never released due to safety recall.

I will search the net and see if I come up w/ anything.

Check this out!!!
Here is another one!!!

I know for a FACT these were never released at retail...they were recalled. These are the first 2 I have EVER seen. Now I wish I could remember what the other one looked like for sure.

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 20 January 2010 - 10:54 PM.

#5 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

This reference/online store had some nice information on the Stretch Screamers, including a picture and info on the canceled figures. Found it interesting as I had no idea what any of you were talking about.

http://www.kathysfas...om/McD2003.html
Posted Image

STRETCH SCREAMERS
October 3 - 30, 2003

1. Mummy
2. Half Robot w/One Eye
3. Brown Monster w/Skeleton Face
4. Green Sea Creature
5. Orange Monster
6. Blue Monster w/Floating Brain
7. Skeleton
8. Scientist w/Expanding Pink Brain

COMMENT: Premiums either have mechanical sound, light, liquid or rotating movement. Two of the toys were recalled from this giveaway - the Green Sea Creature and the Orange Monster.

I find it odd that nobody's mentioned what made them have to recall those two figures.

EDIT: Stretch Screamers wasn't a concept made up for McDonald's. Did not know that either. They were based on an action figure line by Toy Quest.

http://www.figurerea...tretchscreamers

Edited by Boaconda, 29 January 2010 - 10:16 PM.

#6 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:45 AM

Those two recalls arrived this morning, so here are the pictures of them, settling into their respective new homes. I love the orange snot demon thing!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#7 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:16 AM

Thanks for sharing your photos! It is so kewl to see those 2 figures finally (up close and personal)!

Ya, that info on the Green Creature being one of the recalls, is misinformation plain and simple. It was the 2 you just got and pretty obvious from the paper insert and advertising photos.

TGB

#8 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:41 AM

Good good - when I get some time, I'll scan in the paper insert that came with these two, for all to see. Why not?

Share the knowledge!

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:28 PM

I'm so jealous of that Garagon.

Yeah, that site is obviously incorrect on the recalls, but I just copied what they had. I kept finding the gillman all over the place, which made it obvious that he was released. What are the gimmicks on those two fellows?

Edited by Boaconda, 12 February 2010 - 04:28 PM.

#10 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

The brown skull-faced thing is really fun. You pull his arms and his face gets covered in blood!

The orange goblin fella, well you pull on his snot, and that's about it. There's a speaker on his back, so I assume that seven years ago he would've screamed, but he certainly doesn't now.

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#11 lechance

lechance

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Traveling, Art, Punk, Metal, Horror Movies, My Cat, Madballs, imitations and Madball related merchandise.
    www.blarghhhspot.blogspot.com
    www.lastchanceillustration.com

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:48 AM

The brown skull-faced thing is really fun. You pull his arms and his face gets covered in blood!

The orange goblin fella, well you pull on his snot, and that's about it. There's a speaker on his back, so I assume that seven years ago he would've screamed, but he certainly doesn't now.

I always thought the large Stretch Screamers were the only ones that actually screamed when you stretched them. I found a whole set of them at a flea market and managed to grab the alien with a clear dome head. Are the larger ones rare?

#12 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

Here is a mis-listing on your side of the pond! :unknw:

CLICK HERE

#13 flemoid

flemoid

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Stretch Screamers, Blurp Balls, Boglins(not the mini ones), GhostBusters, Fist of the North Star, Dragonball Z, Furby, Monster High, CrazyBones, Mini Men, Figma, anime figures, other cool action figures... =D
    pm me if you want to!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:18 AM

Those two recalls arrived this morning, so here are the pictures of them, settling into their respective new homes. I love the orange snot demon thing!

Posted Image

Posted Image

those are some of the most amazing things EVER! is there anywhere on this whole huge online world I can find these? I've searched for YEARS! AMAZING picture of them, btw!
<ChexWarrior>

#14 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

those are some of the most amazing things EVER! is there anywhere on this whole huge online world I can find these? I've searched for YEARS! AMAZING picture of them, btw!

Aw, thanks! Never had photos complimented before e+

Good luck in your search, they got recalled for some reason. Someone who's been banned from these boards for some reason (Brojo or something like that) offered me some in a trade, so it might be worth tracking him down?

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#15 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:40 PM

Looks like they've started releasing new ones: http://www.stretchscreamers.co.uk/

#16 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:01 AM

Indeed!
Posted ImagePosted Image

That mummy's incredible, he must be had. The other one's alright too.

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#17 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:07 AM

Indeed!
Posted ImagePosted Image

That mummy's incredible, he must be had. The other one's alright too.

I'm about to pull the trigger on these on ebay from a UK seller, going to be $100 total shipped for both... and they're not even for me, they're for my kids. My older son had one of the bigger ones when he was little and 3 of the McDonald's ones and he loved them. These will be a great gift for around Halloween. I just wish they were sold in the US.

#18 flemoid

flemoid

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Stretch Screamers, Blurp Balls, Boglins(not the mini ones), GhostBusters, Fist of the North Star, Dragonball Z, Furby, Monster High, CrazyBones, Mini Men, Figma, anime figures, other cool action figures... =D
    pm me if you want to!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:40 AM

I'm about to pull the trigger on these on ebay from a UK seller, going to be $100 total shipped for both... and they're not even for me, they're for my kids. My older son had one of the bigger ones when he was little and 3 of the McDonald's ones and he loved them. These will be a great gift for around Halloween. I just wish they were sold in the US.

oh my word! $100?????? thats SO expensive! you couldn't order them anywhere else online? Ebay is SO outrageous these days! I REALLY wish they were sold in US, too. I am DYING for these things, but there's NO way I'm gonna pay 100 big ones!!!!! Could you order them from a website instead? Like a UK website? They aren't quite as expensive on there! Here's a link: http://www.stretchsc...ers-reviews.php
This site has like a Compare Prices thing! I dunno if it will help at all, but thought I'd throw it out there!

Edited by flemoid, 18 August 2010 - 08:50 AM.

<ChexWarrior>

#19 flemoid

flemoid

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
    pm me if you want to!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:44 AM

Aw, thanks! Never had photos complimented before :D

Good luck in your search, they got recalled for some reason. Someone who's been banned from these boards for some reason (Brojo or something like that) offered me some in a trade, so it might be worth tracking him down?

Well I'm glad I could be the first to compliment, cause those are the best pictures I've ever seen of these two rare gems! I've seen them on ebay a few times in the past, but....

Hmm... Brojo? Thank you, I'll keep him in mind! I love that Mcdonalds made Stretch Screamers, but I'll never forgive them for recalling these two! Did you get yours mint in package? Cause I'd love to see what their instructions looked like! :rolleyes: Thanks so much for the encouragement! I really hope I get my hands on them someday! Stretch Screamers are the most amazing line of figures ever made.... or at least I think so! :lol:
<ChexWarrior>

#20 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

oh my word! $100?????? thats SO expensive! you couldn't order them anywhere else online? Ebay is SO outrageous these days! I REALLY wish they were sold in US, too. I am DYING for these things, but there's NO way I'm gonna pay 100 big ones!!!!! Could you order them from a website instead? Like a UK website? They aren't quite as expensive on there! Here's a link: http://www.stretchsc...ers-reviews.php
This site has like a Compare Prices thing! I dunno if it will help at all, but thought I'd throw it out there!

They were cheaper on ebay than those other websites 18.89 GBP (about $30) compared to 19.99 GBP. Shipping for two of them was 26.89 GBP. Thanks for looking out for me though. :rolleyes:

#21 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:12 AM

Did you get yours mint in package? Cause I'd love to see what their instructions looked like!

Yep, they were in their packaging, but I'm not quite sure where those instructions are at the moment - I'm in the process of packing everything up, ready to move to a new flat, but when I find them I'll scan'm in for you, no worries.

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#22 flemoid

flemoid

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
    pm me if you want to!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:01 AM

They were cheaper on ebay than those other websites 18.89 GBP (about $30) compared to 19.99 GBP. Shipping for two of them was 26.89 GBP. Thanks for looking out for me though. ;)

oh, ok!!! Yea, I just wanted to be sure you were getting the best deal for your $. :D Are you gonna post pics for us to see when they arrive? ;)

I just felt so bad for you having to spend that much! Ugh!! :rolleyes: oh well, Stretch Screamers are amazing!

Yep, they were in their packaging, but I'm not quite sure where those instructions are at the moment - I'm in the process of packing everything up, ready to move to a new flat, but when I find them I'll scan'm in for you, no worries.

Wow!!! Well I hope that goes well! And that would be AMAZING if you scanned 'em for me, but don't go to any trouble to do it! I'm just a curious Stretch Screamer freak! :rolleyes:
<ChexWarrior>

#23 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:37 AM

oh, ok!!! Yea, I just wanted to be sure you were getting the best deal for your $. ;) Are you gonna post pics for us to see when they arrive? :rolleyes:

I just felt so bad for you having to spend that much! Ugh!! :rolleyes: oh well, Stretch Screamers are amazing!

I'll take a few pictures when they arrive if you guys want but they'll be in the box, I'm going to wait until October to give them to my boys. $100 is a lot to pay but the fact that my 9 year old loved these when he was really young, Halloween coming up and me being a big fan of any retro monster/sci-fi stuff, I was willing to shell out the money.

#24 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:29 AM

As promised some months ago, here are the scans of one of the paper inserts from the "recalled" McDonald's Stretch Screamers:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#25 keithp

keithp

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

I remember these I still have my 2. The green monster (you pull his arms and his face and stomach lights up), and the Frankenstein guy with the orange shirt, push his button and blu liquid in his stomach bubbles to his eye. The blue liquid dried out, but my green monster still lights up!

Edited by keithp, 06 September 2011 - 03:56 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com