• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#76 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

Oh wow I really want that gator going up against the lion in a ring with championship belt haha.

That's a good idea, any chance you consider a championship belt attachment, that can wrap around their waist or put on their shoulder?

EDIT- Oh I just read belts are already planned, good to know.

Edited by FANtomCore, 02 May 2013 - 12:42 AM.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#77 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Minifigures and Wrestling

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

That's a good idea, any chance you consider a championship belt attachment, that can wrap around their waist or put on their shoulder?

EDIT- Oh I just read belts are already planned, good to know.

Yeah we are working with about 3-4 different styles of belts to see which one works best and how easy/difficult they are to reproduce. It is the same with the Steel Cage attachment, the design is done but now we are testing different materials. It won't do anybody any good if it costs a ridiculous amount to produce so I am trying to get the cost manageable

#78 Skullking

Skullking

I have a large obsession with small figures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, MIMP, Armorvors, Mordles

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

I'm hoping those of us who were unable to make it to the show will be able to pick one of these up at some point. I'm the kind of person who doesn't need particular colors, or GITD/color change (although I prefer dark/mid tone opaque plastic to transparent/lighter tones, as you can see the details better IMHO). Also, will there be a Nerd City booth at SDCC this year? As I will actually be able to attend that one. :bunny:

#79 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

I'm hoping those of us who were unable to make it to the show will be able to pick one of these up at some point. I'm the kind of person who doesn't need particular colors, or GITD/color change (although I prefer dark/mid tone opaque plastic to transparent/lighter tones, as you can see the details better IMHO). Also, will there be a Nerd City booth at SDCC this year? As I will actually be able to attend that one. :bunny:

I will send you a message with our release schedule

As for Nerd City, I know there will be a NYCC booth. Not sure about SDCC, that is a Ben Spencer thing so its best to keep an eye on their site

I will be at PowerCon in California in Sept and NYCC in October but that is the extent of my con showings

#80 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

We sent Charles Marsh (monsterforge for those who frequent messageboards) all of our 2013 figures to paint up for Cons/display, he just finished the first one

946676_474156289327514_778956893_n.jpg

#81 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Wow, that looks incredible!

#82 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Our Lion goes on sale on 7/12/2013, complete info at http://mystwarriors.com/blog/?p=797

1017208_10200199668497264_1261374584_n.j

IMG_0113-300x212.jpgIMG_0114-300x244.jpg

We have a Fantastic Plastic Toys x BigMan Toys Exclusive collaboration figure for next month, images coming in a few weeks with more details on whats included

Edited by markatisu, 23 June 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#83 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

That orange looks great.

#84 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

I kind of dig the lion, man. Any plans to rubberize him?

#85 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

I kind of dig the lion, man. Any plans to rubberize him?

Not at this time but we are constantly trying out new materials at the studio, I have been toying with a hard rubber and a soft rubber but for right now we are doing what makes the sculpt and its insane amount of details pop the most which is the urethane. Pictures do not really show off just how much detail is actually in each sculpt

#86 grune

grune

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:weaponeers of monkaa, mystical warriors of the ring, all 80's toy lines,few 90's,some present.comic books

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

i got my windy city wreckage pack in the mail today and its awsome!! the detail on the figures are outstanding. i would suggest this line to anyone whos a fan of mini figures wrestling or both. you wont be dissapointed!!!

#87 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

How fragile are the figures?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#88 grune

grune

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:weaponeers of monkaa, mystical warriors of the ring, all 80's toy lines,few 90's,some present.comic books

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

they really are not as fragile as i thought they would be especially after reading that the material they cast in would make them fragile. i think they might break or chip if you were to drop one on the cement but they are pretty solid no worries!

#89 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

they really are not as fragile as i thought they would be especially after reading that the material they cast in would make them fragile. i think they might break or chip if you were to drop one on the cement but they are pretty solid no worries!

They can withstand quite the beating, I have dropped them on the hardwood floor quite a few times and had no breakage. I mean if you threw them against the wall of course you will break them but they survive average play and wear and tear. I have played with them in the ring with no issues.

We just revealed the first female sculpt in our line, I think its hand down one of the best ones we have made. We will be detailing her release information sometime next month as she is a 2014 figure.

http://mystwarriors.com/blog/?p=822

yvonne.jpg

Edited by markatisu, 01 July 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#90 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

I forget to pop in here due to what i thought was seeing all the updates on facebook but MF did a hell of a job painting up that fig. and this may be a dumb question what are the walking duds cast in that make them flexable? 

Posted Image

#91 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

I forget to pop in here due to what i thought was seeing all the updates on facebook but MF did a hell of a job painting up that fig. and this may be a dumb question what are the walking duds cast in that make them flexable? 

I am not sure of what it is exactly but its wild, we have played with testing my wrestlers in that and it works but you lose some of the detail. its VERY flexible, its a super durable but rubbery material.

Edited by markatisu, 03 July 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#92 Meadowknight

Meadowknight

Angela (AKA AMP, Meadowknight)

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

That is so great to see that these are being sculpted digitally! I'm a sculptor myself and getting into Z-brush...I've already sculpted a few things in it but I'm still learning most of the technical stuff. Could you refer me to anywhere, where I could get something 3D printed around this scale? I'm working on some ideas to submit to OMFG..but would like to do just my own figures as well!

Z-brush is definitely way easier and faster than traditional sculpting..I just finished this in regular clay and I know in z-brush I could do it a hell of a lot faster once I know the program better! 

#93 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

That is so great to see that these are being sculpted digitally! I'm a sculptor myself and getting into Z-brush...I've already sculpted a few things in it but I'm still learning most of the technical stuff. Could you refer me to anywhere, where I could get something 3D printed around this scale? I'm working on some ideas to submit to OMFG..but would like to do just my own figures as well!

Z-brush is definitely way easier and faster than traditional sculpting..I just finished this in regular clay and I know in z-brush I could do it a hell of a lot faster once I know the program better! 

It depends what level of detail you need printed, not all 3D printers are the same and what you need will solely depend on your sculpt. if you have extreme tiny detail like our minifigures you need a company who uses hardware like the Projet 3000 + , otherwise your prints will come out soft instead of detailed.

That is the printer Shapeways uses for its Frosted Ultra Detail, Jason Wires Productions also has this type of hardware and is available for printing work. For larger prints (like action figure sized or minifigures in general) and standard sculpting prints you can contact Dan at Floating Eye.   So there are 3 options you can look into. Most people start with something like Shapeways to learn what they need since they offer a large array of digital printing services.

#94 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

If any of you guys are going to PowerCon stop by our booth and say hi! We will have a fully painted display along with the 1st and 2nd comics and kids kits (coloring pages, stickers, etc) and hopefully we will have our full scale wrestling championship which is the basis of our prototype mini belt.

IMG_0215.jpg

And next month if you are going to NYCC we are planning to celebrate our 1 year anniversary in grand fashion with a really big surprise!

#95 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

You guys should be really really excited, Take a look what mark just posted on FB. Looks like Thanks to Matt Doughty (Glyos for you noobs) and many others we got some production figs in the works here. I hope the support is big enough cause would love to see these keep cranking out.  I am just sad no Goliath as I was too broke when he was out and would love him in some PVC goodness. http://mystwarriors.com/blog/?p=1145

Posted Image

#96 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

that's cool. would definitely buy them just as i buy glyos stuff.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#97 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

You guys should be really really excited, Take a look what mark just posted on FB. Looks like Thanks to Matt Doughty (Glyos for you noobs) and many others we got some production figs in the works here. I hope the support is big enough cause would love to see these keep cranking out.  I am just sad no Goliath as I was too broke when he was out and would love him in some PVC goodness. http://mystwarriors.com/blog/?p=1145

Totally stoked about this news! I've been a big fan of all the releases so far, but in general I definitely prefer more flexible, PVC mini figures, so this is exciting for sure. Sounds like they will be very affordable, too.

I too hope these see a ton of support so lots more of them can be made in PVC. :thumbsup:

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#98 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

Glad you guys are excited, we have been working on this since late May! Widowmaker is the most popular figure and one that is a direct homage to Ashuraman in terms of pose so we really wanted to get him in there. The 2nd version of Sheldon allowed us to show off the idea that resin releases could be alternate versions to PVC, and of course we included the unreleased Giant 2.5" Gorilla. We think its a great mix for the first wave and hopefully people buy into it so we can get a 2nd wave released

group.jpg

NYCC will see two colorways, Flesh and a nice candy apple Red. As the FAQ stated they should be rubbery like MUSCLE and not hard like OMFG, they are sculpted to be played with and we feel the material they are being made out of it will help kids and adults do just that.

Its been surreal the last few weeks, this was our ultimate goal for these little guys and we are thrilled to have it done by the 1 year anniversary.

#99 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

PVC is great news! Always wanted to get into these but with the price as it stood i could only snag one. In pvc i can see myself having a full on collection.

Any chance we can get some more info on the "kids kit"? I love that kind of stuff.

#100 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

PVC is great news! Always wanted to get into these but with the price as it stood i could only snag one. In pvc i can see myself having a full on collection.

Any chance we can get some more info on the "kids kit"? I love that kind of stuff.

I hear ya, we realize that prototype/urethane pricing was a big barrier but it is a necessary one. I can't wait for people to get these in their hands. Everytime we attend a con we see kids faces light up, so at around $3 a figure we think kids can now come in and enjoy the world we are building.

The kids kit is about 8-10 coloring book pages of our characters along with some trading cards and a AWF sticker (the one we used on the toy rings), I handed them out at PowerCon and kids seemed pretty excited. I will probably offer them again later this year free with purchase of the later PVC colorways.

Right now we have 4 colorways planned, we don't want to saturate the market and we want to kinda stay along the lines that MUSCLE set up years ago with some twists. We also have 3-4 more comics in the works to continue to build the world.

But everything will ultimately be based on the sales of this debut release, so the best thing you guys can do outside of buying them yourself is to get the word out so we can move some of our other sculpts into production for a Wave 2!

Edited by markatisu, 23 September 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com