2 replies to this topic

#1 blinkpip

blinkpip

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:13 PM

Is it me or is the price of MIMP gone mad. People are paying well over the odds.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...EOIBUAA:GB:1123

I trying to complete my set of series 1, but for the prices nowadays, I think ill wait for a price drop.

#2 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:41 PM

I haven't seen a crazy price like that in a while - not that I've been looking that long, but still. I think this is just more of a fluke.

#3 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:23 AM

I agree that the winning bid on that lot is higher than usual. In fact, it's a bit more than twice what I've traditionally estimated those particluar figures to be worth. I could see someone paying that much, though, if that lot happened to contained a number of specific sculpt/color combinations which they needed to complete their collection.

Keep in mind, though, that the prices of collectibles are completely subjective: collectibles are only "worth" whatever the highest bidder feels that they're worth. If the highest bidder paid 31.00 GBP for those figures then they're obviously "worth" 31.00 GBP... to that particular bidder, at least - which is all that matters.

Well just yesterday a Pink Cerberus and Ghost in a 24pack with a boglin?? went for 49 pounds which is almost 100 dollars and i managed to get there Series 2 Green counterparts in a 24pack just a week before for 10 pounds which is 20 dollars.
Its mayhem, most i would pay i think is 25 pounds/50 dollars for those figures.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com