38 replies to this topic

#1 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:58 PM

I live in north San Diego County...so i've been looking forward to the new Gormiti test marketed figures and i finally found a place close enough to me that carries them, only a few miles away actually. :p so i went and spent $50 and got a good assortment... 5 - 4packs ($7.99) and 3 - single packs ($1.99)... i only got 2 doubles, so i got 21 of the 42 already. woot. as soon as i get my next paycheck i think im gonna head over and buy some more, They had a huge selection there. these things are pretty cool, i hope they dont sell out before i get a set.

here are some pics:
Earth:
Posted Image
Forrest:
Posted Image
Water:
Posted Image
Lava:
Posted Image
Magma:
Posted Image
Air:
Posted Image
my doubles
Posted Image

Next on my agenda is to make a Custom Display to house these, gonna paint each shelf to the corresponding Tribes color.

Edited by Ericnilla, 23 April 2008 - 09:01 PM.

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:49 PM

Next on my agenda is to make a Custom Display to house these, gonna paint each shelf to the corresponding Tribes color.

That will be something to see!

#3 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:06 PM

Cool... I'm liking those yellow ones especially.

#4 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:59 PM

wow! mega cheap $1.99 is £1, ur getting gotmiti for half the price we had to pay in england..... muh muh muh :p
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#5 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

wow! mega cheap $1.99 is £1, ur getting gotmiti for half the price we had to pay in england..... muh muh muh :p

dang that sucks... and yeah i was surprised these were so cheap... cant wait to buy some more. =]

#6 Loren

Loren

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:01 PM

Hi, there...I'm new to the forums (mostly lurking), but now that Johnny has gotten me obsessed with Gormiti and knowing I'll be close to Northern San Diego county next week, I was wondering if anybody had pics of what the US packaging looks like so I know what to look for when finding them. Thanks so much! Gormiti RULES!

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:06 PM

Hi, there...I'm new to the forums (mostly lurking), but now that Johnny has gotten me obsessed with Gormiti and knowing I'll be close to Northern San Diego county next week, I was wondering if anybody had pics of what the US packaging looks like so I know what to look for when finding them. Thanks so much! Gormiti RULES!

Loren!

US packaging is essentially the UK packaging with an Upper Deck sticker on it.

Posted Image

#8 Loren

Loren

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:19 PM

Loren!

US packaging is essentially the UK packaging with an Upper Deck sticker on it.

Posted Image

Oh, excellent! Thanks! That'll be easy to look for since I've starred at the packaging at the Toy Show so many times. :yes:

#9 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:23 PM

Does anyone know how to locate the test market areas for the Gormiti in the US? I live in Utah and we are usually about two years behind the East and West coasts when new stuff comes out :yes: Would be nice to find some of these without being ran through the ringer!!!

#10 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

right now i think its all just SD county... if it doesnt sell here i think they are passing on it.

#11 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

Nope, there's the Playmates run in Phoenix, which actually has unique US packaging.

#12 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:11 PM

oh~? i was on the assumption that they decided not to pick it up since i couldnt find anything of it online. my bad.

#13 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:17 PM

Playmates did apparently cancel as Johnny mentioned, but it doesn't mean the figures weren't still being sold, to at least get rid of them. Of course, we only had one guy ever reporting on what was happening, not exactly CNN.

The San Diego test market stuff hasn't shown up on eBay or online either, Johnny's store notwithstanding.

#14 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:25 PM

iwas gonna start buying up alot of it and start selling it, but i didnt want to step on jon's shoes...

i wonder why nothing has shown up... o_0?

#15 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:35 AM

Just the general lack of knowledge about the line. Same reason that aside from czarcher's attempt, I've never seen a US seller ever list Gormiti on eBay at all.

#16 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:03 AM

iwas gonna start buying up alot of it and start selling it, but i didnt want to step on jon's shoes...

i wonder why nothing has shown up... o_0?

I appreciate the sentiment, but it won't bother me any. I don't own the monopoly on selling toys in the group, :lol:.

#17 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:26 AM

Dang, nice pics! I hadn't really paid much attention to the Gormiti craze going on here on LRG the past few months, but now I see this was a grave mistake... these guys are awesome! Hopefully they get a decent US distro... eventually. I'll definitely keep an eye or two out for them now!

#18 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

Playmates did apparently cancel as Johnny mentioned, but it doesn't mean the figures weren't still being sold, to at least get rid of them.

Does this mean that Playmates is officially not going forward with the line? Do we know anything definite, or is there still a chance that they'll get wide US distribution?

#19 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:54 AM

Playmates did apparently cancel as Johnny mentioned, but it doesn't mean the figures weren't still being sold, to at least get rid of them.

Does this mean that Playmates is officially not going forward with the line? Do we know anything definite, or is there still a chance that they'll get wide US distribution?

The contact at Playmates told me "late this year, early next year", but she also told the wholesaler that they were not going forward. Add that to the fact that UpperDeck is test marketing it int he SD area and she was unaware of that.

#20 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:37 PM

The contact at Playmates told me "late this year, early next year", but she also told the wholesaler that they were not going forward. Add that to the fact that UpperDeck is test marketing it int he SD area and she was unaware of that.

So... does that mean she just doesn't know what's going on? And if Playmates passes, I assume UpperDeck might pick them up. I'm pretty anxious to see these things in the stores!

#21 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:06 PM

hmm. Maybe ill buy some and see what happens.

#22 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:05 PM

anyone interested in my doubles~? i have the 2 shown, "Lavor the powerful" (Lava) and "Alos the Hypnotiser" (Air) plus i just got a double of "The anonymous Multiformer" (Lava)...

check them out HERE

**SOLD**

Edited by Ericnilla, 01 May 2008 - 08:48 PM.

#23 Loren

Loren

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:43 PM

Sweet! I just came back from my hunting expedition for Gormiti in Oceanside. I say hunting because, it turns out, only Target on El Camino Real still had any left (Both Wal-Marts had no idea what I was talking about and I couldn't find them at Toys 'R Us on Vista). So, I ended getting about 20 single packs...there were no 4 packs left. I ended up getting three Mantras the Implacables and I have some repeats of others I had bought from Johnny, but, for the most part, I was happy to have gotten about 15 new Gormiti. Yay!

#24 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:37 PM

Sweet! I just came back from my hunting expedition for Gormiti in Oceanside. I say hunting because, it turns out, only Target on El Camino Real still had any left (Both Wal-Marts had no idea what I was talking about and I couldn't find them at Toys 'R Us on Vista). So, I ended getting about 20 single packs...there were no 4 packs left. I ended up getting three Mantras the Implacables and I have some repeats of others I had bought from Johnny, but, for the most part, I was happy to have gotten about 15 new Gormiti. Yay!

the place i go just north of oceanside in murrieta have alot of 4-packs left... mostly lava and magma tho. the other leaders seemed to go fast.

#25 Loren

Loren

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

the place i go just north of oceanside in murrieta have alot of 4-packs left... mostly lava and magma tho. the other leaders seemed to go fast.

Awesome! I'll have to try to go down there next weekend. Hopefully, they'll still have them because I don't have as many lava and magmas. Thanks for letting me know!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com