Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:50 PM

We stopped by a brand new Target last night and while browsing their unusually cool toy section we came across some really awesome Gormiti Items.

Fire Mountain Playset
Posted Image
Posted Image

It comes with a gold figure
Posted Image

5.5" Mix and Match Figures - they had 4 out of the 6 but we only picked up Polypus and Tasarau for now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

You can mix and match the parts from all the large figs
Posted Image

The toys were so new that they weren't even in the system yet so we got the large ones for $8.99 (instead of $9.99) and the playset for $21.99 (instead of $27.99).

The playset box has the series 2 checklist on the side and says coming soon
Posted Image

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#2 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

Unbelievable. Can't even get Target around here to restock stuff that IS selling, now they're stocking higher-priced alternatives to a toyline that's been pegwarming for months?
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#3 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:32 PM

they changed kollosus' name to humongous? i wonder if that was out of fear of what marvel might think.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#4 Xgamer

Xgamer

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:08 PM

was this in a usa target o,o

#5 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:43 PM

Cool News! That's a pretty neat playset! Not a bad price for the mix and match figures.

#6 deadfishlake

deadfishlake

Gimme everything you got!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:25 PM

:) I went to the two in-town Targets today and sure didn't see anything like that....The ones around here seem like they're still clearing everything out, but haven't got the new stuff in yet. Sucks for me.

#7 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

Nothing at my target either, although oddly, they had all the Marvel Universe and Wolverine figures on clearance. So maybe there's some nice new MU product coming in soon for those who like em.

#8 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, G.I.Joe, Star Wars, Battle Beasts, and Gormiti.

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:25 PM

Two things I see here seem funny to me. 1. Why not do the FE repaints of the lords if they are going to repaint the lords? 2. Why not include the two missing volcano tribe members instead of a gold figure?

These are just observations. I am very pleased to see new product roll out. I'll be scouting out my Targets for the next few weeks.

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:51 AM

I'm betting the answer to 1 has to do with making it easier to produce the variant figures. With their current system, they've got to mold all of them save the Earth FE figures in clear plastic, when plain-old colors are simply easier or less expensive to do. Also, they're arbitrarily emulating a repaint pattern that serves no purpose in the US, so why not make up your own thing and differentiate the US line a bit more? I bet these could become holy grails to overseas Gormiti collectors - I know I want them!

2? For whatever reason they stuck with the "gold figure with playset" gimmick. I'm sure they would rather only produce one figure to include instead of two, but they could have at least made it one of the two missing Volcano figures. They did a great job showing off the playset that way, and I almost didn't recognize it because it was displayed folded-out like that.

I'm glad that my nearest Target (still too far to visit regularly, but not impossible to check on a good day) has been selling their figures at a steady rate and not just old crap rotting on the shelves. That means there's a good chance of seeing some of this stuff there in the future.

#10 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

went to the target here closest to my cave and they didn't have the new large mix-n-match figures but they did actually have....

SERIES 2!!!

they were down to just four of the four packs and no two packs. the ones they had were carrapax, kollosus ( i refuse to call him humongous ), deepdownfear and helios. they still had 5 of the series one two packs that i marked a week ago at regular price, so they're not putting them on clearance yet. they also had a starter 5 pack from series one at regular price. just wanted to let you all know that series 2 is out there to be found, so start checking targets daily if you're still into this line.

#11 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

No series 2 at my Target but they did have the 5" figures, one of each except Gheos. Best deal ever, there was no price on the shelf for them and they did not come up in the system so they punched them in at the 2-pack clearance price of $2.99 each :rolleyes:
-Barry

#12 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:48 PM

wow.. you just robbed them blind. :rolleyes:

i hope i get a similar deal.

#13 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

5.5" Mix and Match Figures - they had 4 out of the 6 but we only picked up Polypus and Tasarau for now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

:rolleyes:

just

:o

I must have these.

The big figures are cool enough (are they magnetics like the European ones?) but the regular-sized figures are super sweet. I haven't seen these anywhere else, they're surely US exclusive repaints aren't they?
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#14 DukeOfAwesome

DukeOfAwesome

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

I'm glad that the names are still Helios, Barbataus and Deep Down Fear and not Condor, King Jungle and Forgotten Horror but not a fan of Humungus... oh well can't win them all!

But that's awesome! I'll have to keep my eyes out for the playsets!

#15 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:21 AM

Two Target tips:

1. Be sure to scan any items your looking for under the price checker. Most stores have the price checker that lets you know if there's more in the stockroom. If it says yes, kindly ask an employee if they can bring out any more.

2. If there's a barcode tag on the end of the shelf or peg for an item you are looking for, you can usually slip the tag out from under the plastic and scan it. If there's any in the stockroom the display will let you know. Then I suggest replacing the tag where you got it. Then kindly ask an employee if they have any of this item your looking for.

I have found Target employees in the last few years are very friendly, and helpful. This is a total turnaround from 10 years ago when action figure aisles at Target had a specific notice that they would not pull any product from the stockroom at customer requests.

Go forth and collect Series 2 :rolleyes:
BTW For those of you lucky enough to find series 2, in package pics would be appreciated. :o

#16 DukeOfAwesome

DukeOfAwesome

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:48 AM

Two Target tips:

1. Be sure to scan any items your looking for under the price checker. Most stores have the price checker that lets you know if there's more in the stockroom. If it says yes, kindly ask an employee if they can bring out any more.

2. If there's a barcode tag on the end of the shelf or peg for an item you are looking for, you can usually slip the tag out from under the plastic and scan it. If there's any in the stockroom the display will let you know. Then I suggest replacing the tag where you got it. Then kindly ask an employee if they have any of this item your looking for.

I have found Target employees in the last few years are very friendly, and helpful. This is a total turnaround from 10 years ago when action figure aisles at Target had a specific notice that they would not pull any product from the stockroom at customer requests.

Go forth and collect Series 2 :)
BTW For those of you lucky enough to find series 2, in package pics would be appreciated. :)

I wish I would have read that before I opened my series two figures!

I got a 4 pack series two figures with Barbataus, Eartheater, The Patient Motionless, and Diamond the Ancient Soldier. THe packaging is basically identical from the first wave four packs so it blends in easily with the figures already out there so keep your eyes peeled! A neat difference is the four packs come with a map of the Island of Gorm which you could only get with the Lava Tribe starter set. Only down side of the map is that the list of figures on the back of mine is still series one.

But thanks for the tips! I think I'm going on a Gormiti hunt today!

#17 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:05 AM

I got a 4 pack series two figures with Barbataus, Eartheater, The Patient Motionless, and Diamond the Ancient Soldier.

That's interesting... Eartheater and Patient Motionless are (in Europe) figures you can only get in Magic Eggs. So it looks like the Magic Egg figures are just being packaged normally with all the other figures in the States then.

#18 SpyMagician

SpyMagician

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:07 AM

The big figures are cool enough (are they magnetics like the European ones?) but the regular-sized figures are super sweet. I haven't seen these anywhere else, they're surely US exclusive repaints aren't they?

These seem to be the same as the Euro Energheia Magnetics, but perhaps without magnetic features but simple plugs for the removable parts.

That would be great. As nice as the magnetics are, the joints are pretty weak and simple plugs would make for much more fun and durability.

Really looking forward to these as the Magnetic Noctis was one I was never able to find.

Spy

#19 War Weasel

War Weasel

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:10 AM

Found Series 2 in my (semi)-local Target today. Two, four and "big guy" packs, along with the playset.

And the two-packs were still on half-price! :) :D :D

Woundn't the sale be designed to clear the way for new stock, with series 2 to hit the shelves AFTER the sale clears out S1? Not that I'm complaining!

I picked up four of six available two-packs; the other two had iffy paint aps. I will check my more-local Target tomorrow, though I REALLY don't need to spend more cash right now.

I'm just glad the series is still alive in the US. :)

Edited by War Weasel, 31 July 2009 - 11:13 AM.

#20 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

Woundn't the sale be designed to clear the way for new stock, with series 2 to hit the shelves AFTER the sale clears out S1? Not that I'm complaining!

it's possible that they share the same sku# so when the computer scans it it's unable to differentiate between the series 1 and series 2 packs. the way i see it, count these early series 2 discounts as a blessing. the price seems more fitting when it's chopped in half. i think so anyways.

checked a different target today that is usually ahead of the curve when it comes to restocking and resetting. i was not pleased. they not only had old stock, and only old stock, but they didn't have shizznit on sale or clearance. bastitchs.

EDIT: oh, almost forgot, toys r us was also living in the dark ages. but this is the worst toys r us in my state, so i wasn't overly surprised.

Edited by dankingery, 31 July 2009 - 12:50 PM.

#21 War Weasel

War Weasel

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

I meant, that maybe they had instructions to hold the newer merchandise until the end of the sale, because, which am I going to buy on discount? It's why I bought only the S2 2-packs, I am not complaining.

It seem many TRU's are severely messed up. One of the two I occasionally visit has an item I would like to have, but not enough to pay full price for...I just don't want it that bad. It seems the item is on "clearance". But the "clearance" price is, oddly enough, same as the original price. It has been on "clearance" since before Christmas. I scan it to be sure every time I go there. So, it sits there.

How do they not catch that? Do they have no need of that shelf apace for anything? I love Target. They want something gone, they keep marking it down til it's gone.

#22 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

If anything else, Target is incredibly skilled at the art of discounting crap. Last time I visited mine, they had a bunch of their Justice League exclusives on sale for $3 each, and their Infinite Heroes for about as much. If I wasn't ridiculously disciplined as I was that visit, I would have easily come out of there with an armful of stuff.

Speaking of which? Must. Check. Target. Nao.

#23 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:50 PM

Stopped by another Target in my area today. They also had the large figs (all but Magmion) and the playset but no series 2. I went ahead and picked up the other three large ones I was missing and will be keeping my eyes open for series 2 ^_^

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#24 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:10 AM

For your viewing pleasure:

Attached Files

#25 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:12 AM

The more I see those repainted lords, the more I love them. I think collectively they're my favourite Gormiti figures, period. It's like the designers went insane: Grey Gheos with red spots! Orange Lavion with a black arm! What the hell were they thinking?! I love it!

But interesting too how they recycled a pre-existing colour scheme (Serie III Air) for Noctis. But I really do love that colour scheme, and Noctis looks amazing in it. I can imagine him beating seven shades of crap out of the usurper Devilfenix anyway :)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com