• 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 02 October 2002 - 10:05 AM

lower game prices

It is worth a read.

I agree games cost to much. I rarely buy games when they first come out. Usually I pay less then 20 bucks for them when they start droping in pirce.

Last game i bought full price was diablo 2 collecters edition. I had the game before I had my computer.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#2 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 10:15 AM

I agree...New games are too much money, unless it's a game you've been waiting and waiting for. Then it's worth it, but otherwise, I just wait until they go down in price.

<_<
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#3 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 10:19 AM

I agree that video games are way too expensive. In fact, they're so expensive that I don't even buy games anymore. Why would I pay $40 or more for a game that I'll just beat in a few weeks then rarely ever play again? Back in the day of cartridges, I could believe that games cost alot because of the microchips and everything in the carts, but nowadays, just about everything is on CD! I can buy blank CDs for less than a dollar each! The other materials like labels and cases can't cost more than $5 total, and that's high-balling the estimate. Yeah, yeah... the programmers need to be paid and everything, but at a rate of $35 per game? There's no way today's video game prices are fair.

On a similar note, the prices of music CDs are out of hand, too. The record companies complain about Napster, yet they charge $18 for a new CD! That's insane! Talk about raping the public!

-Nathan

#4 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 10:30 AM

On a similar note, the prices of music CDs are out of hand, too. The record companies complain about Napster, yet they charge $18 for a new CD! That's insane! Talk about raping the public!

-Nathan

Yeah, what's the deal with music CD prices now. They are way out of hand! Even the singles now are like $10 to $12. I remember when a CD single used to cost around $4. What the hell! <_<

:D
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 12:25 PM

I think the only games (or any software for that matter) I've paid for in the past few ytears are Warcraft 2 Battle Chest. Diablo 1 and Hellfire, and just recently Warcraft 3. Other than that, the internet is a very cost effective way of procuring software.....

#6 The Shizit

The Shizit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 12:30 PM

music CD's are also way way to expensive.
www.rawkthreads.com

#7 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 02:19 PM

the games are way too expensive and like the music industry its coz everyone wants a slice of the pie. back in the day (amiga rules!!) when you bought a game for £10-£25 you knew you probably were never going to complete it because of the insane difficulty levels no save points and no memory cards. not only that but ingame music has become somewhat bland back in the day when you bought a game you were buying a soundtrack as well i dunno if you guys ever played bobs bad day, it was frustrating as hell and totally impossible to play but you played it anyway because of the awesome music, i'd kill for the soundtrack for that game but on the other hand i wouldn't be seen dead walking into town with the resident evil soundtrack pumping through my stereo
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#8 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 03:49 PM

i remember NES i bought the carts for 30$ each in this time period the chips were like 5$ and the cart another 1$

but the music and the game...wow.
Mega Man 2.
Final Fantasy.
Dragon Warrior.

anyone that have played these games will agree
they had some damn catchy music. MM2 Clash(Crash) man music i humm while programing and doing random things to this day.

To this 8-bit composers I salute you
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#9 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 04:01 PM

totally warsman, it's like when you play a great game with a great catchy tune you become absorbed into the game, man. now i like the resi games and the music is ok it just doesnt stick in your head. i like the use of music in the devil may cry, when the music starts rockin you KNOW that the crap is goin down, awyeah, aw yeah, aw aw aw yeah!

#10 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 03 October 2002 - 10:39 AM

Dvd's are also the same. It is cheaper to produce a dvd then it is a vhs tape but dvd's are more expensive.

oh special featuers that you will watch only once wohoo its an extra 10 bucks.

Set a price for what you want and wait for the price to drop. I dont pay more then 15 dollars for a dvd. Now there are a lot of dvd's coming out that are getting closer to my price.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#11 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 03 October 2002 - 03:55 PM

yeah exactly the features are so special that they are mainly clips that were considered way too cack to be included in the film anyway, i mean you dont go to the cinema and sit while they wade through tons of alternative endings, bloopers and variation camera angle shot scenes!!

#12 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 03 October 2002 - 06:52 PM

I just looked at this topic for the first time mainly because I don`t play video games as much as I used to, although I find that when I go a while without a woman, I turn into a video game junkie. (thats probably the case with most men these days!) But I do agree with everything You guys have said. Music, games, cars, movies and everything else we Americans get screwed paying for everyday are way too much!! But as long as there is an arse for every seat it`s gonna continue. :stupid: As long as we keep on buying, they`re gonna keep on screwing!

I would like to see everyone who is sick of all of us getting robbed everyday buy these companies to not buy anything except the essentials for a little while. We`ll see what their tune is after that!! :woot:

#13 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 03 October 2002 - 10:07 PM

I think that video games are a fair price, they have always been around fifty bucks as far as i can remember, even NES games always started out around 40-50$ especially games like zelda and mario. I really feel like the games are worth it, at least the ones i buy are. Some games definately are not worth fifty bucks, for example: Turok for gamecube, worst game i have ever played, graphics suck, gameplay sucks, loads every two seconds forever, no plot, and on and on. Thats why you can rent them from blockbuster for 5$ definately worth it to rent a game especially if it is one of those that only take a week to beat. Some games are even worth buying if you can beat them in a week, i sometimes just attribute my video game godliness to why i beat it so quick instead of, they didnt make this game hard enough or long enough.

On a different note i hate music companies, most artists make money off of touring, not their cds (exceptions are the stars we all see at the emmys or grammys or whattheeffever) The biggest thing that urks me is that you cant listen to a cd before you buy it, at least at best buy and stuff they set up demos so you can play certain games, and a lot of electronics stores have exchange programs established so you know you wont get stuck with a crappy game. i hate record companies, and i hate that whiny bee-eye-itch drummer in metallica, he pissed me off with his whininess (i know, i like to throw stones in my glass house, leave me alone)
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#14 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 07:54 AM

(i know, i like to throw stones in my glass house, leave me alone)

Try plexiglass, just as transparent, but much more durable.... :woot:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com