• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Playing addicting video games, anime, MUSCLE, megaman, snarf from Thundercats, guts,and Battle Beasts. Really any smaller figure from the 80s/90s.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:23 AM

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f4c34c529

this looks like a regular sly fox in a gumball case with stickers on his feet?

Always Looking for Battle Beasts PM if you got extras!!!!

#2 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:34 AM

I would say it is a regular version in a gumball.  The size isn't small enough.  But I am not a BB expert by any means.  I can't remember gumball figures being so big- they had to squish them inside.  All the gumball figures I have, fit in the ball with enough space as to not have to bend the legs into it. 

#3 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:10 AM

The white gumball beasts were not the only ones to comes out of gumball machines. Those were more or less chase figures from the machines as they were filled with regular beasts like this as well. Any that I have received in capsule did have legs bent like this so that doesn't concern me, my concern is that Japanese beasts only came with stickers on one foot, not on both like this. This very well could have come from a Japanese gumball machine, but it is by no means any more rare than any other fox.

#4 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:19 AM

the machines...were filled with regular beasts like this...it is by no means any more rare than any other fox.

yep, any "real" value for this would be in the pamphlet, since those don't really turn up that often. I guess you could make an argument for the gacha capsule too but there's nothing about them that ties them to the franchise so I could personally care less. :)

#5 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:29 PM

True, in this case the seller hopes to attract some extra interest by the fact it comes within the egg (capsule) in which the real Gumball BB came in as well because its just a normal Fox. There´s a couple of normal figures as well as SD Beasts that could be found within the Gacha capsules beside the actuall White Beasts which we call the Gumballs. Also some of the Gumballs had to be bend to fit inside, like the Giraffe which you´ll often find with a slightly curved neck simply because it couldn´t fit in the egg otherwise. There´s a couple of Pamphlets that were inserted into the eggs that tell exactly what figures could be found inside and from there its pretty clear that the ratio of actuall finding a Gumball Beast in comparrison to the normal ones is pretty of so from that point of view lhssenior is right they can be seen as the ¨chase¨ figures from the gacha machines back in the days.

The two stickers on the feet are a bit odd though but I´ve noticed that there´s not a real strict order in the placement of these stickers as they seem to have been placed relatively at random, at least for what concerns the figs found in the eggs, meaning one might have slipped through the proces and got one on each foot rather than only one.

For the rest, like Bachamn mentioned, most of the value here is probably in the capsule itself and the inserted pamphlet and of course the story of the gacha machine which is an interesting part of BB History. $200 is probably a bit steep though although I´ve paid quite a bit myself in order to get my Egged Pengiun as well.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com