516 replies to this topic

#376 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:53 PM

I just recolored the torso with a tanktop deco and pasted the scramble head over the original head.

I can dig it, thanks for sharing. If you're ever bored again and want to do some more SHF recolors, I'd love to see them! 

On a related note, my dream "recolor" would have to be a recast of the Akuma Shogun figure to make a full-on Goldman, with a partially translucent body, sort of like the Crystal Bowie figma, only with stratae of other translucent colors to create that diamond armor effect.

Er7mgTr.jpg

A man can dream...

#377 Sonny545

Sonny545

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:42 AM

I'm really looking forward to Terryman and OCE Kinnikuman, any news on when they are going to be up for preorder?

#378 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

Thanks HobbyQuest!

You can find all my recolors in this thread here, the last post.

http://thefwoosh.com...900291#p2900291

#379 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:12 PM

Made something for you HobbyQuest.

I studied how Akuma Shogun/Goldman looks in Diamond form in the Manga, Anime, Video Games, Toys, and the art you posted above. There's no one way to go about achieving the effect. I tried to go for the look you described.

p0NKk3F.jpg

Also, are you a Cobra fan? I love so many elements about it, but haven't yet started on it. The figures are very intriguing, and I wonder how Cobra fans feel about the results of Figma's attempt at Crystal Bowie.

Edited by toyhandle, 26 April 2017 - 12:36 AM.

#380 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:18 PM

Made something for you HobbyQuest.

That. Is. Awesome! Thank you so much for humoring my random thought, haha. If Bandai could pull that off, I'm sure that would draw a lot of attention.

Also, are you a Cobra fan? I love so many elements about it, but haven't yet started on it. The figures are very intriguing, and I wonder how Cobra fans feel about the results of Figma's attempt at Crystal Bowie.

It's funny you ask that. I had seen the characters around before, but it wasn't until the Crystal Bowie Figma was announced that I actually started the series. I only read the first volume or two, and honestly wasn't really drawn in. It's weird, because I love manga from that time period, and "Star Wars meets James Bond", as it's sometimes described, nods to two of my other favorite franchises. 

Maybe I didn't give it enough time. I plan to go back to read more eventually, but it seems that every time I check one series off my list, three more have grown in its place!

You should definitely still check it out - it's gotta be a best-seller for a reason!

#381 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:38 AM

Do guys think we will get an Sh figuarts meat?

I think if they do make one he would be an accessory kind of like the dog that came with terryman.

#382 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:42 PM

I think he has a good chance. He's not the most exciting, but pretty vital. I'm sure Meat merch sells well enough.

I would expect him to be articulated. Due to his proportions, it may be easier to give him alternate straight and bent arms/legs like a Nendoroid figure.

There's a couple of ways I could see them selling him.

In a two pack with Suguru in a new costume, such as the one Suguru is wearing below, or...

Since the 7 Devil Choujin may be overall less big ticket items than many characters, Meat's figure could be split 7 ways, and packaged according to whichever Devil held that part in the arc. Would serve as an accurate accessory to the characters, as well as encouraging purchases of complete collections of all 7 Devils.

FCQwA5B.png

A good figure to start that off would be OCE Buffaloman with both bearded and bald heads as well as a Meat head.

XiYp16j.jpg

Truthfully, I think the best option would be do do him as a single release. Imagining this plastic tray replaced with all things Meat just has me thinking he'd sell really well.

qnyS3gr.jpg

Edited by toyhandle, 21 May 2017 - 08:55 PM.

#383 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:56 AM

OCE Akuma Shogun shown at Tamashii World Tour. Looks like shiny hair and silver pants.

582405.jpg?r=1495801148

#384 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:36 AM

PGFinv8.jpg

OCE Scramble for the Throne Kinnikuman

#385 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:51 PM

Yeah, just seen this. This is a really tough one. I don't usually go for the OCE variants. Brocken Jr will be my first one (if you disregard Ramenman).

This however is pretty iconic for his battle with Nemesis. Might have to pick it up.

585211.jpgSiona1496655954.jpeg

#386 rajikaru

rajikaru

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:35 PM

I'm not sure if it's just the perspective of the image, but it looks like the arm size on OCE Scramble Kinnikuman might be different? They seem at least a bit larger than the other Kinniikuman arms.

#387 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:27 AM

Hey guys, in response to the character poll post I just made (http://www.littlerub...howtopic=257977) I wonder what this means for upcoming Figuarts?

Silverman has made a massive impression, so hopefully he'll be confirmed soon. I loved the prototype! On the other hand, Sunshine sadly didn't make the top 20. I hope he isn't cancelled. I'd certainly accept a webshop exclusive!

Meanwhile Psychoman and Justiceman certainly left their mark after the last arc, and this shows in the votes. They are probably most likely candidates from the revival series after Budo, Nemesis and Silverman.

Finally, Blackhole and Super Phoenix seem to still be hanging on by the skin of their teeth. Not sure about Pentagon or Mammothman. Would be nice to see all 4 eventually.

As far as OCE's (God I hate them!) There are still a few figures that could get the alt. treatment:

Neptuneman (Already shown)
Akuma Shogun (Minor repaint ver. already shown)

Kinnikuman Great (Red ver.)
Buffaloman (Satan repaint?)
Ataru Kinniku (More camo detail?)
The Ninja (Chainmail torso resculpt like Brocken Jr.?)

Big The Budo (Does Strong count?)
Ramenman (Anime colors)
Sunshine (Original still to be released)
Terryman (Already shown)

Edited by Kanji, 05 July 2017 - 11:56 AM.

#388 Kinnikufan89

Kinnikufan89

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:52 AM

It would absolutely break my heart if Sunshine got cancelled.  He's one of my favorite villains and the only character I've wanted since the beginning to still not have his own figure (although Omegaman is one that I feel I need more and more as time passes).  I'd pay just about any amount to get a hold of Sunshine if they'd just announce him and put my mind at ease.  This line is starting to feel a little repetitive with the OCE's and talks of alternative versions of the same characters and even with the additional props and pieces I'm just not willing to spend that much money on a figure I basically already have.  It would be nice to get Wolfman and Geronimo one day, but I don't think the fans really care about them that much now and the likes of Canadianman and Specialman probably aren't even being considered with how many more popular characters there are, but that's about it as far as Justice Choujin go.  I'd really just like to see some more diversity from this line and villains like Sunshine seem like a great place to start.

#389 darkhadou316

darkhadou316

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:30 PM

I'm with you Kinnikufan89. This line is full of repaints with a little bit more accessories added to a repaint of a figure. I personally think that if it keeps up at this rate, it could be the demise of the line. I want other original characters not just repaints. It seems that since the figures are unique sculpts, they are trying to milk the longevity of giving the same figures over and over whereas the SH Figuarts line as a whole is having so many other licensed properties that are being made that the Kinnikuman is more of a niche. I cool one at that, but I would love to see more of the supporting cast and other people. I would vote in the polls if I knew who I was voting for but can't read japanese. I don't know if it would matter though.

I would love the Scramble for the Throne characters to be completed. Super Phoenix, Zebra, Big Body, Mariposa would be cool.

Atlantis, The Mountain, Mr Kamen, Junkman, Springman, STE King, Sneagator would be cool too.

And of course they could move on to creating more characters from the Perfect Choujin Arc since it's hot right now in the manga, and eventually the Nisei Tag Arc and Nisei characters too. I don't mind paying for the same character if it's a different sculpt or outfit but spare me the repaint redundancy.  I'm going to cash out for Brocken Jr's shirtless figure like I did for Scramble Suguru. I wish they would make his battle suit. (is that what it's called? The blue one with the cape and mask with the shoulder pads). That one should come with Meat.

#390 illadvised

illadvised

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:52 PM

"I would love the Scramble for the Throne characters to be completed. Super Phoenix, Zebra, Big Body, Mariposa would be cool."

THIS, please.

Also, long time kinnuku fan, first time poster. Sorry if you've seen these in the ArW FB group but thought I'd share my first SHF here.

1Uv28x2l.jpg

4ZncbETl.jpg

30ZkqAAl.jpg

Needless to say, I'm all in. Well, almost. I have Nemesis, Ashuraman, Robin Mask, Warsman on the way... with Terryman preordered. Not sure how well the line is doing, but I hope Sunshine is just around the corner. :(

Edited by illadvised, 27 July 2017 - 12:55 PM.

#391 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:15 PM

"I would love the Scramble for the Throne characters to be completed. Super Phoenix, Zebra, Big Body, Mariposa would be cool."

THIS, please.

Also, long time kinnuku fan, first time poster. Sorry if you've seen these in the ArW FB group but thought I'd share my first SHF here.

1Uv28x2l.jpg

4ZncbETl.jpg

30ZkqAAl.jpg

Needless to say, I'm all in. Well, almost. I have Nemesis, Ashuraman, Robin Mask, Warsman on the way... with Terryman preordered. Not sure how well the line is doing, but I hope Sunshine is just around the corner. :(

Nice pictures illadvised and welcome to the thread! btw, where did you pickup your OCE Throne Suguru from? I've been scoping Mandarake every day since the 18th with no luck. Shoulda used a proxy I guess.

#392 illadvised

illadvised

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

Nice pictures illadvised and welcome to the thread! btw, where did you pickup your OCE Throne Suguru from? I've been scoping Mandarake every day since the 18th with no luck. Shoulda used a proxy I guess.

Thanks! An old high school bff of mine lives in Tokyo and got it for me at the Jump exhibition. He had preview access so he actually got it before it opened on the 18th and was able to get it to me by Friday (the same day my Buffaloman arrived). I didn't ask him for it, he just knew I just got into the SHF line recently and knew that I had a few on the way. He was there for other stuff so he only got just that one, but I can check in if he plans to go again. I know it runs through October, but last time I checked the event product page it said they were low on stock. :(

Edit: Yep, still says low supply on Suguru. The Ryotsu SHF is currently sold out, however. (Source: http://shonenjump-ten.com/goods/)

Edit 2: Kanji, check your PM.

Edited by illadvised, 04 August 2017 - 10:40 AM.

#393 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:52 PM

Thanks! An old high school bff of mine lives in Tokyo and got it for me at the Jump exhibition. He had preview access so he actually got it before it opened on the 18th and was able to get it to me by Friday (the same day my Buffaloman arrived). I didn't ask him for it, he just knew I just got into the SHF line recently and knew that I had a few on the way. He was there for other stuff so he only got just that one, but I can check in if he plans to go again. I know it runs through October, but last time I checked the event product page it said they were low on stock. :(

Edit: Yep, still says low supply on Suguru. The Ryotsu SHF is currently sold out, however. (Source: http://shonenjump-ten.com/goods/)

Edit 2: Kanji, check your PM.

Thanks again for the PM dude! Manda came through and shipped out on Monday. Looking forward to it!

Here is the collection so far. I so need to sort my display out!
Currently missing OCE Robin Mask, Warsman, Ashuraman & Kinnikuman (skipping the September release).
Waiting for Strong The Budo & Anime Terryman!!
X8f7JSZ.jpg

We still need tank top Suguru from Tag Arc! Fingers crossed for Sunshine announcement soon!

Edited by Kanji, 09 August 2017 - 10:57 PM.

#394 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:14 PM

Do you guys think that they will make the seven devil Chojin?

I really want them!

#395 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

Some pretty sweet shots of Enma, now that he's out:

DHlTVtOU0AAYn3L.jpg

DHlPuZcUwAASl5V.jpg

DHlPtZZUwAAvi4a.jpg

#396 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:44 AM

Consider your heart unbroken, Kinnikufan89! Now if he's an exclusive is yet to be determined, but at least we know Bandai hadn't forgotten Sunshine yet.

#397 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:38 AM

Not only sunshine, but also Silverman and Terry OCE!! I'm freaking stoked!! Guessing the reference to 2016 is for pre-orders, not release. Tamashii have already concluded their announcements for the year so not expecting any of these to drop until Jan 2017. We just need that OCE Neptuneman now and we're upstraight.

I wonder who's going to be next??!!

DHw23EPUQAAWmnR.jpgDHw24kCUAAAhYOJ.jpg

Edited by Kanji, 22 August 2017 - 04:41 AM.

#398 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

Guessing the reference to 2016 is for pre-orders, not release. Tamashii have already concluded their announcements for the year so not expecting any of these to drop until Jan 2017. 

Kanji, uhh, it's August 2017. The 2016 is referring to the show in which these guys were originally revealed.

The SHF Kinnikuman line has eighteen mass release figures and five exclusives to date. You can look at all of them on the Tamashii website, kayfabe. http://tamashii.jp/i...1=1&ck2=1&ck3=1

#399 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

Kanji, uhh, it's August 2017. The 2016 is referring to the show in which these guys were originally revealed.

The SHF Kinnikuman line has eighteen mass release figures and five exclusives to date. You can look at all of them on the Tamashii website, kayfabe. http://tamashii.jp/i...1=1&ck2=1&ck3=1

Lol! My bad! Getting so old I don't even know what year it is anymore! lol

But yeah, expecting these in early 2018. Hopefully we'll get one released alongside the new Kid Goku Figuarts in Jan.

#400 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:34 AM

Son of a gun!! Looks like I'm gonna have to double dip on Shogun as well now!!

DIGzo2pU0AAYiAO.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com