#1 OneTallPonderosa

OneTallPonderosa

OCD Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, LEGO, MIMP, Ballpoint Pens, Insects, Coins, Books

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:53 AM

Sorry guys, I am not sure if this is the appropriate place but my mind is just blown with this one though it is 100% unrelated to LRGs. 

As many of you have seen, I collect pens.  I am very, very familiar with the market on ebay.  Just now I found a nice lot and I was blown away at how high the price is so early on in the bidding.  Not usual. Desirable auction for sure, but I have bought tons of lots like this for lower than the bid is already. 

Then I decided to dig into the bidding history.  Low and behold, I see some suspect stuff.  One bidder only ever bids on this single sellers items.  And he bids on ALL sorts of very random and different things that don't make sense.  Kitchenware, pens, used motor cycle parts, industrial metalworking supplies, but ONLY from this seller???  

Now to be fair, this bidder did drop off pretty early and the other high bids seem legit at first glance.  

Anyhow, at this point I was just going to write it all off as life in the fast lane and forgot about the auction for good..................and then I see that the seller.......is in Glendale AZ.

Seriously???

What is in the water in Glendale?

http://www.ebay.com/...bYAAOSwsW9Ywq2d

And sorry to edit again..................but just to clarify I am not in any way suggesting these Glendale situations are related or anything other than coincidence.  But for one brief moment my conspiracy theory mind wants to picture an underground evil society of antique and vintage dealers working in cahoots to control the market with an iron fist!  

Edited by OneTallPonderosa, 11 March 2017 - 08:01 AM.

Check out my want list: http://www.littlerub...howtopic=269336

I am always looking for more Robin Mask #214, Sunshine, Announcer, Claw, and Parthenon - MUSCLE or KESHI of any type!

LETS MAKE A DEAL! :ph34r:

#2 Eddieinthecity

Eddieinthecity

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:toys, toy design, scultping, inventing

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:28 AM

Im always reporting suspicious bidding activity. I'm sure the folks at ebay are sick of me complaining like an elderly neighbor.

#3 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:47 AM

Yeah well shill bidding exists.
Simple as that. And if you're going to do it for one item why not do it for all. Generate interest...right?

#4 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:08 PM

Report it all you want. eBay doesn't care.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com