#1 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:14 PM

Alright, what's not spoken for already is available for purchase. Repaints are set t $25 each, first come first serve.

As a Christmas bonus FREE SHIPPING within continental U.S. on all my lrg sales and this will be available for awhile now! Bought from me before and feel cheated 'cause you paid shipping???? Return customers get buy 2 get 1 free on any same priced items!!!!!

Soooooooo.... when I started here, I was just doing some M.U.S.C.L.E. customs. Actually I started out showcasing some of my other toy line customs kinda prepping for the unveiling of the M.U.S.C.L.E. paints. Immediately I was getting responses, mostly asking if I was doing any Battle Beasts. I didn't own a single one soooooo someone here was kind enough to send me a handful so I no longer had any excuses right? Well almost none, still got 4 kids a wife a 9 - 5 and my commission work. Alright so here ya go! This is the first rattle outta the box!

I figured a cat, even a large one is still a stealth beast right? Well kinda anyways. So I would gather that his armor would have to be a stealth armor right?

Attached File  Stealth_Tiger1.jpg   729.02K   69 downloads Attached File  Stealth_Tiger2.jpg   750.41K   43 downloads

Attached File  Stealth_Tiger3.jpg   571.51K   21 downloads Attached File  Stealth_Tiger4.jpg   596.82K   15 downloads

That armor is a nice clear blue over some nice reflective paint with clear green accents. Same stuff I used on my Stealth Iron Man!

Attached File  Icon_Iron_Man2.jpg   1.18MB   27 downloads

Well I hope you enjoy, and after that someone gets back the figures that he wants back maybe the remainder (if there are any right) would be offered up to you guys.

If you're interested in the custom M.U.S.C.L.E.s check here: http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23338
That's where I've been posting those guys for $15 each.

Edited by l.designs, 11 February 2009 - 07:11 PM.

#2 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:57 AM

Holy crap that is awesome!!!!!!! Very nice job l.designs!!!!! I love the color on him. I can't wait to see the other ones. :)

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#3 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:21 AM

I believe Keanu Reeves put it best when he said:

Posted Image

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:04 PM

That figure is one of the ugliest/crappiest BattleBeasts there is, and you worked a miracle in making it look kewl! :) :good:

I can't wait to see what you do with the kewl BB sculpts! :D

#5 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:59 PM

I like the paint application to the Tiger itself. It actually has all of the features that a cat would have . Impressive .

A little paint and some skill goes a long way :p
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#6 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:00 PM

Alright here goes another one....

Sold
Attached File  Jungle_Cow1.jpg   456.27K   36 downloads Attached File  Jungle_Cow2.jpg   468.2K   23 downloads

Attached File  Jungle_Cow3.jpg   426.18K   13 downloads Attached File  Jungle_Cow4.jpg   451.43K   4 downloads

Edited by l.designs, 28 November 2008 - 06:22 PM.

#7 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:08 PM

Here go a couple of more Battle Beasts repaints!!!!

Spider is spoken for
Attached File  Spider1.jpg   612.97K   35 downloads Attached File  Spider2.jpg   584.32K   4 downloads

Attached File  Spider3.jpg   598.14K   1 downloads

Seriously when you see what you want back let me know....

Edited by l.designs, 04 October 2008 - 10:48 AM.

#8 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:11 PM

Skunk is spoken for
Attached File  Stanky_Skunk1.jpg   639.58K   24 downloads Attached File  Stanky_Skunk2.jpg   713.03K   10 downloads

Attached File  Stanky_Skunk3.jpg   605.84K   8 downloads

Edited by l.designs, 04 October 2008 - 08:01 PM.

#9 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:49 AM

Very cool stuff Luke!
Really dig the spider and skunk there!

Ttyl ^_^

Greetz, DK.
Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#10 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:00 PM

Very cool stuff Luke!
Really dig the spider and skunk there!

Ttyl :thanks:

Greetz, DK.

Thanks!

If we're still on I have your stuff almost finished.... the one in this thread was actually a test of the color scheme you described to me. If that works I can finish it up with the nose ring and what not. PM me and let me know if we're still on and I can send updates through your email.

Thanks everyone the encouragement lets me know if I'm on the right track!

#11 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

Alright here goes another one....

Attached File  Not_Sure_1.jpg   758.58K   48 downloads Attached File  Not_Sure2.jpg   664.54K   10 downloads

#12 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:23 PM

Here goes DK's Commissioned pieces.... yup they're on their way!
Attached File  DK_s_Customs1.jpg   477.72K   38 downloads Attached File  DK_s_Customs2.jpg   503.99K   14 downloads
Attached File  DK_s_Customs3.jpg   544.52K   9 downloads Attached File  DK_s_Customs6.jpg   500.63K   10 downloads
Attached File  DK_s_Customs4.jpg   466.8K   27 downloads Attached File  DK_s_Customs5.jpg   427.71K   7 downloads
Attached File  DK_s_Customs7.jpg   476.98K   17 downloads
Thanks a million! They left today!!!

#13 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:57 AM

:) :p

Great work Luke!

The Bovine looks great;
The Walrus looks icy killer; :vava:
but I really love most what you did with the Carp!!

Very cool work my man!
Thanks again and ttyl!

DaKlient.
Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#14 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 06:36 PM

Another round here.... and whatever in this thread that isn't marked "Sold" or "Spoken For" or something to that effect is available for sale. First come first serve!
Here we go...

Startin' out with this Slow _ _ _ Sloth.....
Attached File  Sloth1.jpg   568.54K   32 downloads Attached File  Sloth2.jpg   591.04K   6 downloads

Then there's this Big _ _ _ Giraffe.....
Attached File  Giraffe1.jpg   579.76K   26 downloads Attached File  Giraffe2.jpg   526.21K   5 downloads

Howzabouta Snake.....
Attached File  Snake1.jpg   570.56K   33 downloads Attached File  Snake2.jpg   554.76K   7 downloads

And last but not least is a Bloody Gator....
Attached File  Bloody_Gator1.jpg   618.36K   29 downloads Attached File  Bloody_Gator2.jpg   597.68K   4 downloads

Alright so my pics again aren't the greatest... especialy on the gator there. He is supposed to have a reddish rust colored armor with blood spatter on the face and armor, but it looks like the colors blended more or less in the photos.

Edited by l.designs, 28 November 2008 - 06:36 PM.

#15 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:01 PM

*BUMP*

Check here for deals!

#16 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

Alright these guys were sent to me in not so great condition and I think I might have improved on them slightly so thought I would post them here....
Alright that may have come across wrong. I was sent a very generous gift of a big ol pile of MIMP! These figures were in great shape aside from some discoloration. The thought was that I would enjoy painting these guys, and well yeah they're a blast.

MIMP Repaints are $15 each, and open to all!

GITD Eyes
Attached File  Custom_MIMP_1a.jpg   526.75K   38 downloads Attached File  Custom_MIMP_1b.jpg   438.48K   9 downloads

Attached File  Custom_MIMP_2a.jpg   465.72K   23 downloads Attached File  Custom_MIMP_2b.jpg   422.17K   4 downloads

Attached File  Custom_MIMP_3a.jpg   422.34K   33 downloads Attached File  Custom_MIMP_3b.jpg   422.23K   5 downloads

GITD Eyes & teeth
Attached File  Custom_MIMP_4a.jpg   423.29K   18 downloads Attached File  Custom_MIMP_4b.jpg   434.97K   8 downloads

Attached File  Custom_MIMP_5a.jpg   423.71K   13 downloads Attached File  Custom_MIMP_5b.jpg   435.04K   3 downloads

Edited by l.designs, 16 February 2009 - 07:02 PM.

#17 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

GITD Head
Attached File  Custom_MIMP_6a.jpg   391.12K   16 downloads Attached File  Custom_MIMP_6b.jpg   397.81K   6 downloads

GITD Eyes
Attached File  Custom_MIMP_7a.jpg   433.68K   21 downloads Attached File  Custom_MIMP_7b.jpg   418.66K   5 downloads

Edited by l.designs, 11 February 2009 - 09:39 PM.

#18 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:20 PM

Awesome, bro! I generally don't care for MIMP and you made them look kick ass!

#19 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:46 PM

I LOVE your metallic/reflective paints! You blended them AWESOME!!!

I agree w/ Jkaris...those MIMP look sooooooooo much kewler painted! :woot:

Keep up the great customs! :woot:

TGB

#20 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

Thanks guys!

I forgot to mention earlier that some of these guys have Glow in the dark features.... I listed them now.

#21 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:52 AM

That panther is kick ass!!

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#22 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:42 AM

those are great!! I love the Jotun Troll he is mega - is it easy to apply the paint to mimp? is it any different from painting a muscle for example?
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#23 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for all the great comments and what nots!

those are great!! I love the Jotun Troll he is mega - is it easy to apply the paint to mimp? is it any different from painting a muscle for example?

Well these worked pretty much the same with the materials I use. I always start out with Tamiya Flat Black airbrushed on nice and thin. I follow up with drybrushing white and from there to brushing with mostly flat acrylic paints of varying types for different effects.

I did read some tips on painting MIMP from a Games Workshop miniature type painter who said it is necessary to first cote the figure in PVA glue. Unfortunately I read this after I had completed my steps 1&2. Fortunately my method seemed to work just fine. Hopefully I can get my hands on some of that PVA glue before starting another round of these guys.

Thanks again everyone!

Edited by l.designs, 12 February 2009 - 09:49 PM.

#24 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:25 PM

I did read some tips on painting MIMP from a Games Workshop miniature type painter who said it is necessary to first cote the figure in PVA glue. Unfortunately I read this after I had completed my steps 1&2. Fortunately my method seemed to work just fine. Hopefully I can get my hands on some of that PVA glue before starting another round of these guys.

Those webpages you refer to are exclusively about painting "Generation-2" figures, which are made of a much harder plastic than the soft "Generation-1" figures which you're painting.
Do you think that this makes any difference regarding which types of glue and paints to use?

Well I think they were just making it a more solid paint base, and easier to paint.

#25 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:36 AM

;) very kewl! I love the metallic armor, and really like that you paint up some of the less popular figs!

Man, I am SO far behind on the customs it's sick. I used to have a collection of pics of all of the customs but now it's way out of date. :)

I actually wanted to do all of the gen 1 MIMP figs before I dropped off of the face of the earth.

grimey

Edited by grimerslimer, 14 February 2009 - 03:37 AM.

Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com