4 replies to this topic

#1 FeralWolf

FeralWolf

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:09 PM

I figured this would be appreciated here.

Kinnikuman done in the DCUC

Well I won't postpone my next update...lets bring it on!!!

KINNIKUMAN!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

feedback and crits always welcome

#2 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:53 AM

Very well done, though I don't care for the dark black rings around the eyeholes. The wash is a bit heavy-looking, too, almost like the guy rolled in the dirt and then just brushed it off.

Overall, though, great work!
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#3 FeralWolf

FeralWolf

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:11 AM

yeah, I think I may change that to be a little lighter. but enought to tell that its still his mask.

For any lookers, it is currently on ebay if you would like to add it to your collection. If it does well, I may consider doing a few more. Usually all of my custom kinnikuman stuff goes directly to my collection. I thought I'd test the waters.

#4 Bigmantoys

Bigmantoys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:57 PM

It's awesome! I like the fact that his mask actually looks like a mask, like a real life kinnikuman would do.
did you use Marvel figure for the base?

www.bigmantoys.co.uk

If you've ever seen a one trick pony then you've seen me.

#5 galactiboy

galactiboy

My collection has budded...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:I love pop-culture collectibles. M.U.S.C.L.E. figures were one of my favorite toys as a child and as an adult they sparked my collector bug. Aside from M.U.S.C.L.E. and Kinnikuman I also primarily collection 1/6 figures as well as some busts and prop replicas.<br /><br />I'm also a musician; playing the drums and banjo, enjoy movies and reading.

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:08 PM

Well done!

Nice use of the DCUC body... paint work looks great and you also added some nice sculptural details to make it unique. My only nit is the mouth looks a bit too large to me, if it was reduced just a bit I think you'd have a homerun.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com