86 replies to this topic

#26 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 11:56 AM

I totally understand. I did let Johnny have the first attempt for a deal between him and the seller though, keep in mind.

The hand was an important find too, and I do think you are right about the hype that was created by talks of getting him in all the colors. I have no doubt that this is what caused many to go crazy over the figure once it was found, including myself.

But now all that is in a way obsolete. The Blackhole Sunshine is not even the Rarest Super Rare any longer. I have not even received it yet and there is already a figure that is MORE rare! The mysterious Drunken Master. Check the other thread in this forum. There is only one known Drunken Master figure, and now two Blackhole Sunshines, and to add three Spinning Head Ashuraman figures.

Does that make you guys feel better. I have not even got the damn thing and there is another already that is MORE RARE!!! How ironic. $300 for a figure that will soon be as plentiful as Satancross! Ha!Ha! ^_^ I'm exaggerating a little, but think about it.

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#27 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 12:56 PM

i'll feel better when you send the original to godbeast for mass reproduction.

how's that?

^_^

#28 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 01:03 PM

i'll feel better when you send the original to godbeast for mass reproduction.

how's that?

^_^

I like the way Toyman thinks! B)

#29 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 01:16 PM

Funny how nobody has said anything about a certain member of these boards having a purple claw to trade a long time ago. I know who was selling it but i don`t know who ended up with it though, I thought it might have been Doc or Beligerant1 but after reading these previous posts I guess I was wrong. Anyway.......I have collected m.u.s.c.l.e.s since their release back in 85 and have never stopped, I have always wanted a purple claw too, so my rank supercedes all of Yours!!!! Just kidding......seriously guys let`s not get too carried away with all this $h!t, let`s try to keep things in perspective here. ^_^

#30 fire1000

fire1000

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 01:32 PM

I was gonna bid that sucker through the ROOF!!!!!

that's right, I got's me a Grant Check Comin' and I was fully prepared to toss $350 into the ring for that MFer........

glad you got it, but dammit, I totally gotta have one.......even a Kinkeshi one

i sell you one for $200.00. I used an drill to drill out the hole(lol i'm just playing)
Yes ladys I do look that good or maybe not

#31 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 01:39 PM

I just sent this email to the seller of the Blackhole Sunshine:

Hello again Jon,

I was wondering if you could shed some light on a few questions I have about this Blackhole Sunshine figure.  As a collector, I am always curious to find out information about where these figures originally come from.  Do you happen to remember where it came from?  Was it originally in a 4-Pack, 10-Pack, or 28-Pack?  Any ideas?  Any information you may have about the origins of this Blackhole Sunshine figure would be great.

Thanks again!

Alex
arforbes

Maybe we can get some info about where these Super Rares originally came from! ^_^

I speculate that probably some of the first Flesh 4-Packs and Flesh 10-Packs that were ever released had the Super Rares. Then they were discontinued, explaining why we see so few of them.

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#32 EASports

EASports

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 02:36 PM

Man oh man. I look back at the board for the first time in months, and everyone is fighting over BHS... Well, nothing tears friends apart faster than money, girls, and muscles...
"Let's go home"
"We are home"
"That was fast"

#33 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 07 March 2003 - 02:45 PM

You did the same thing with your Satancross 4-Pack back when it popped up on ebay in an auction for a bunch of Flesh 4-Packs.

Actually Alex, I did nothing similar to your escapade. I contacted the seller to get some more information about the other four packs not pictured. Asked about a certain character because I was not interested in that auction, and when she said she had several more OTHER than the auction, she sold it to me. Not only that, the auction never got closed early, she sold the auction just as it was posted and everybody was happy. I did nothing even close to what you did. I have already contacted ebay, I think greedy effing losers take the fun out of collecting. Also, as far as what you paid for it, I do not give a crap, my bid would have been higher, I am sure Johnny's would have too. As far as I am concerned Johnny can add a new event to Muscle con, the doc moore, arforbes battle royal in the parking lot. If I am even interested in muscles by then because (--snip--) like you ruin it.

(I had to tone this one down a little - Johnny)

#34 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 02:51 PM

gentlemen...

this sort of outburst is reserved for those of ME at the bottom of the barrell!

^_^
really, though....
isn't the point, to have fun?

#35 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 03:17 PM

You did the same thing with your Satancross 4-Pack back when it popped up on ebay in an auction for a bunch of Flesh 4-Packs.

Actually Alex, I did nothing similar to your escapade. I contacted the seller to get some more information about the other four packs not pictured. Asked about a certain character because I was not interested in that auction, and when she said she had several more OTHER than the auction, she sold it to me. Not only that, the auction never got closed early, she sold the auction just as it was posted and everybody was happy. I did nothing even close to what you did. I have already contacted ebay, I think greedy effing losers take the fun out of collecting. Also, as far as what you paid for it, I do not give a crap, my bid would have been higher, I am sure Johnny's would have too. As far as I am concerned Johnny can add a new event to Muscle con, the doc moore, arforbes battle royal in the parking lot. If I am even interested in muscles by then because (--snip--) like you ruin it.

(I had to tone this one down a little - Johnny)

Actually, I saw this post before you editted it for content, Johnny.

Its all good man! I'm not going to go off on a rage for a single sale that existed between myself and another seller who agreed to making a deal outside of ebay, that happened to piss off a person who was not even involved in it at all.

We are all entitled to our own opinions. I'm sorry Doc if my facts were a little off in my last post, I guess I had forgotten what happened, it was a long time ago. And one other thing, the auction by this seller is still going on right now as well. It never stopped. The seller just altered the contents of the auction slightly, which is exactly what I remember happening with the Satancross 4-Pack auction.

But anyway, we all try to be civil on the board...and it looks to me like I'm the one is this little dispute here that will continue to remain calm. :blink:

:lol:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#36 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 03:23 PM

I was prepared to shell out $350, and with that kind of bid, I probably would've had a decent chance of getting it......

HOWEVER, I wouldn't have gone OVER that amount, no matter how high the guy went, and I wasn't gonna ask for the auction to be stopped.....

but, I'm not angry at ARFORBES for what he did......I'm fine with that, I'm angry at the seller for what HE did.......that's dishonest......

but, meh, another one will turn up, and when it does, I'll be all over it......

#37 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 03:32 PM

No, I am calm. I just think you suck thats all. You have proved to me, and everybody else here several times that your precious collection is more important than any kind of friendship between us. I can tell by my PM's, and Emails that I am not the only one pissed, just the only one pissed enough to call you out.

I have said this since the beginning that there would someday be an auction that would possibly come between friends here on the board, because of a figure like the BHS. But I never though it would go down so sour. By robbing anybody else of a chance to get it just shows how greedy you are, and how selfish. If it is that important to you, then enjoy it. At least I know when I go to sleep tonight I still have friends, and you have nothing more than a small rubber toy.

I apologize to Johnny because I think he is the main reason I am here in the first place, and I would have even helped him pay, just to see it in his collection. one thing you do not seem to understand Alex, and Beligerant pointed it out, is that there needs to be a trust between us here, and you have broken that trust. I also think he hit the nail on the head when he pointed out how easy it is for you to tell everybody to be patient, then cheat us out of a cool fig the second you get the chance.

As far as the rest of you guys go. I know some of you have not been around long enough to understand why I am so pissed off, so I apologize to you too. Lets just say that out of all the names on the Ebay user name thread that I would not snipe from, Arforbes is no longer one of them, because I know his selfish arse would not do the same for me.

I also know that next time I see a "rare" figure on Ebay I will email the seller to tell him not to succomb to the greediness of others and to stick it out. I emailed this guy to tell him he just lost a couple hundred for being greedy.

#38 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 03:36 PM

Well, I'm gonna throw my hat in just this once......

not everybody has a bottomless bank account like you DOCTOR moore......

I'm sorry, but at first, I had a lot of animosity towards you, because it seemed you were ALL OVER ebay, buying up any lot that I seemed interested in......

I'm a college student, the only time I have to bid on auctions is ONCE EVERY THREE MONTHS......

it's kinda disheartening when I go on, and see that not only is everything I want already covered, it's covered by a guy who can afford to go the distance, without blinking an eye.....

that being said, I now just don't care.......you're a decent guy, Doc, and while I respect your opinion, just cool off.......nothing to lose sleep over! :blink:

#39 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 03:41 PM

I'm cooled, I talked to Johny and vented. I'd like to point out that I never stole an auction from under your feet did I? I also ignore auctions that "friends" have bid on. I will not insult Alex anymore, I have had my fun. I just think it was a pretty crappy thing to do wit ha friend. I'd also like to point out that I do not throw my money in people's faces, I also do not bid on every auction.

#40 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 03:44 PM

Someone had to get it man. The next time it won't be me because I have one. I just took a shot that the seller might want to sell, and he did.

And I have rarely bid on auctions that people from this board have bid on. I haven't won a M.U.S.C.L.E. auction in ages. I was pretty much done bidding on M.U.S.C.L.E. lots after I finished my flesh and Color collections. I only try to win the stuff that I don't have, like rare M.U.S.C.L.E.'s and the like.

I have a lot of respect for people on this board and all M.U.S.C.L.E. collectors as well. But all I can say is you win some you lose some, that's life.

But let's keep to the topic of this thread "Blackhole Sunshine"

Peace...as always. :blink:

:lol:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#41 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 03:47 PM

I Soon came to realize that.......

you have never stolen an auction out from under me, and you have never thrown your money in my face.....

I'm not accusing you of that, like I said, at first, that was my initial impression, but you have turned out to be a pretty nice guy, and IMHO so is arforbes........

both of you have helped me out in the past, and I'm grateful to both of you for that........

that's why I'm taking a neutral stance in this latest fiasco......

am I upset that I didn't get a chance to bid? sure.......but I'm not gonna take it out on Arforbes......he was completely within his rights to do that.....

however, the seller, has committed a bad deal........and I'm angry at him for not letting the auction run its course.........I'm pretty sure it would've gone BEYOND that (I would've bid 350, so it could've gone even higher!) had he not thought with immediate dollar signs, over waiting nine days.......

his loss, I suppose.......

I also know that if there's two, there's gotta be more........

I understand arforbes completist mentality, but now he has EVERY KNOWN MUSCLE in flesh........therefore, he's less of a threat to us when more come up........

that's just the way I see it.........

#42 Kinnikux

Kinnikux

Devil Ashuraman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 06:12 PM

Dude, I love The muscle line and all....but its crazy you guys can afford to shell out 300 dollars for on figure, haha. I would not pay over 50 probably. I will however pay 10 dollars to godbeast for a copy (hint hint)........... Aeroforbes, I know a way you can make it up to everyone, just lend it to godbeast :blink: Well maybe everyone won't be happy, but I would. Haha, no but really It would be cool of you to lend it Aeroforbes and id appricate it along with all the other collectors who cant afford to blow 300 on a fig.

#43 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 06:32 PM

well if he got it for 300, sometime in the future he may get twice that amount. so it seems like a good investment right now. lets just hope that he gets it, and that the post office doesnt lose it.

Posted Image

#44 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 08:01 PM

While that would be a good thing, Kinnikux, I doubt it will happen, Mr. Forbes probably doesn't want something so valuable to go cross-country to be made into a mold......

the same reason he hasn't already done it with his SH Ashuraman.....

#45 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 08:14 PM

i wouldnt do it, why take a chance that doesnt really have to be done? but it would be quite nice if it did happen.

Posted Image

#46 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:34 PM

This baby's going in a glass case when it gets here! :D

Considering how much it cost, it really should, ya know? B)

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#47 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:53 PM

in a glass case, surrounded by deadly lasers, in a temperatured controled room. surrounded by a gator filled moat. :D

seriously though, glad you got it, and hope that it arrives soon.

Posted Image

#48 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 12:17 AM

Man oh man. I look back at the board for the first time in months, and everyone is fighting over BHS... Well, nothing tears friends apart faster than money, girls, and muscles...

Welcome back EASPorts! Where have you been? See what you have missed? :D

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#49 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 11:11 PM

I just sent this email to the seller of the Blackhole Sunshine:

Hello again Jon,

I was wondering if you could shed some light on a few questions I have about this Blackhole Sunshine figure.  As a collector, I am always curious to find out information about where these figures originally come from.  Do you happen to remember where it came from?  Was it originally in a 4-Pack, 10-Pack, or 28-Pack?  Any ideas?  Any information you may have about the origins of this Blackhole Sunshine figure would be great.

Thanks again!

Alex
arforbes

Maybe we can get some info about where these Super Rares originally came from! :lol:

I speculate that probably some of the first Flesh 4-Packs and Flesh 10-Packs that were ever released had the Super Rares. Then they were discontinued, explaining why we see so few of them.

B)

I just got this message back from the seller of the Blackhole Sunshine:

I bought it at a Flea Market loose with about a hundred other figures - two
years ago.  I heard that there are only a couple of these known to exist.
Are there any other rare MUSCLE figures like this one?

Thanks

Jon

^_^

Hmmm...interesting. ^_^

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#50 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 11:20 PM

i bet i could end up doing that, maybe not gettting a rare though. The flea martket that i like going to has a bunch of junk....heck ive most likley have seen them there, but just nevered paid them any attention. To bad I only go there like once a year (i go there when visiting grandma and such).

Ill have to check next time i go, prob, during summer vacation.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com