• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 10:58 AM

Okay.... Being that MOTU Wave 3 had been released, I decided to try to find them this weekend.

Friday:
KB Toys - 4 Skeletor - 1 Tri Clops
Wal-Mart - Nothing new (got the new hobgoblin though!)

Saturday:
Wal-Mart: Scratch
KB Toys - 4 Skeletor - 1 Tri Clops (I picked up a Teemto Pagalies from SW)
Wal-Mart - Wave 2 (lotsa Ram Mans)
TRU - Scratch - Picked up a Marvel Legends "The Thing" and a SW E2 DVD for $10 though!
KB Toys - 4 Skeletor - 1 Tri Clops (It appears they all got the same allocation)

Sunday:
Wal-Mart - Wave 2 (Ram Man galore and Jungle He Man)
Wal-Mart - (Same as above) But I picked up the new TF Armada Sideways.

Total Score: Tri Clops x2, Hobgoblin, Teemto Pagalies, The Thing and TF Sideways.

I have an extra Tri Clops if anyone wants to trade for a Teela, Mekaneck, Orko or Trap Jaw. So, If you are out and about and pick up 2, let me know and we can trade. Because the new Skeletor and Tri Klops seem to be the only ones out so far in my area.

Monday:
TRU - I'll let you know tonight after I go.....

#2 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Rocks and Bugs and Things, Mordles, Robo Force, Glyos, Manglors

Posted 19 November 2002 - 09:13 PM

Hey hey,

found Trap Jaw tonight at KB - tons of him. The case assortment for wave three Evil Warriors I saw:
4 Skeletors
1 Trap Jaw/1 Tri Clops

Both are really cool - Traps has a hard time standing due to his stance. He is practically in a full back bend before he will balance.

Also found Sideways and Smokescreen - very nice.

DoctorKent
DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
Returning to your toy stories - 2013.
www.toyfinity.com

#3 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 07:21 AM

heya johnny don't worry about getting hold of trap jaw, he seems to be available on ebay in quite an abundance........that is if your lookin to have your arse reamed!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1790050026
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 08:26 PM

Just back form Wal-MArt and KB.
KB: Mer Man, Beast Man etc. Galore
WalMart: Jungle HeMan for DAYS!
No new guys left. Bummer. I'll check later.

It's nice to see them releasing the older guys in abundance now. I saw 3 Ram Mans at WalMart the other night.

Patience is a virtue....and the bane of scalpers everywhere.

#5 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 06:47 AM

Just back form Wal-MArt and KB.
KB: Mer Man, Beast Man etc. Galore
WalMart: Jungle HeMan for DAYS!
No new guys left. Bummer. I'll check later.

It's nice to see them releasing the older guys in abundance now. I saw 3 Ram Mans at WalMart the other night.

Patience is a virtue....and the bane of scalpers everywhere.

Time....is on our side - yes it is.

Give it a few weeks- Wave 3 will be clogging the pegs when you are looking for SyKlone and *snicker* Martial Arts He-Man.

Something else on my mind - anyone think the Internet has screwed up this toy business a little, as regards release dates and all? I mean, there's a website called joesightings.com, whose main function is to act as a message board to tell you when new Gi Joes are released. As a kid, you never had any idea when something was coming out - you went to the store and dealt with what was there. Or some other kid would tell you what he had. There weren't many other options. The shipping schedule for the tri state area I live in has no consistency (a Wal MArt 20 minutes away from another WalMArt doesn;t have the same cases of stuff - so they say), so why would I be able to find a certain figure two days after the South (seems to be the starting point for Joes and other Hasbro lines) or California (most other lines) get it? A bit of rambling....from the DoctorZone.

DoctorKent
DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
www.toyfinity.com

#6 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 07:11 AM

Something else on my mind - anyone think the Internet has screwed up this toy business a little, as regards release dates and all?

I don't think it's screwed up the toy release dates... it's just reporting on the actual state of how release dates are handled in the toy industry. I suspect that the release date inconsistencies have always been around. If you think about it, alot of toys are made in China and have to be physically shipped around the country. For example, when Mechaneck arrives from China in California, the California TRUs would get them and have them available for sale first. Some of the more remote locations (like, oh say, Charlottesville, VA for example) would get them later because it would take more time to ship them by truck out to the TRUs. Also, some stores in the same geographic region may not get a figure assortment before others because the toys have to come from a distribution center on a truck with other goods, and the store probably only requests another shipment when it runs out of a certain amount of items and needs to reorder a truck full of inventory.

Of course, there are examples of companies forcing a release date (like Star Wars) but that seems pretty rare, and is probably a major administrative pain in the butt for the toy manufacturers and retailers.

Speaking of sightings, though, has anybody seen either Ephont Mon from Star Wars or Force Commander from Micronauts yet? I haven't seen either, and I don't have the time to be hopping from toy store to toy store every day searching!

-Nathan

#7 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 21 November 2002 - 08:15 AM

Something else on my mind - anyone think the Internet has screwed up this toy business a little, as regards release dates and all?

When we were kids the biggest way of seeing new figures being released was toy commericals and then word of mouth.

The net has just helped spread the news and let the Hardcore and, semi Hardcor collectors have a better idea on when we can find certain things at the stores.

There is also the fact that sometimes some of the stock gets stuck behind a ton of stuff and just doesnt get put out on its release date.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#8 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 09:40 AM

Speaking of sightings, though, has anybody seen either Ephont Mon from Star Wars or Force Commander from Micronauts yet?

Seen Ephant Mon - he really fills the package!

Nate, Force Commander is exclusive to the Palisades Collector Club. The ordering date was yesterday. You might want to check out their site and see if they are still available. They sent out an e-mail, you had to reply and PayPal....

DoctorKent
www.toyfinity.com

#9 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 10:04 AM

Well, I didn't see anything about Force Commander being an exclusive to the Collector's Club, nor where and how I could order it. If it is an exclusive, then there's no friggin' way that I'm going to pay $30 in membership fees, and then spend MORE money for the Force Commander. One of the main reasons I want the new one is so I don't have to get raped on Ebay for a mint complete vintage one. Why would I then turn around and get raped by Palisades instead?!

To keep on the topic of sightings, here's something in my sight: Palisades going down the toilet because it pisses off collectors with all their goddamned exclusives. All I want is Force Commander. I don't want to join a damned club, and I don't want to pay extra fees. I don't give a flaming bag of crap if it's "exclusive" or "collectible" or "limited edition". I just want a Force Commander.

Anyway, that was just a little mini-rant...

-Nathan

#10 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 12:05 PM

Well, I didn't see anything about Force Commander being an exclusive to the Collector's Club, nor where and how I could order it. If it is an exclusive, then there's no friggin' way that I'm going to pay $30 in membership fees, and then spend MORE money for the Force Commander. One of the main reasons I want the new one is so I don't have to get raped on Ebay for a mint complete vintage one. Why would I then turn around and get raped by Palisades instead?!

To keep on the topic of sightings, here's something in my sight: Palisades going down the toilet because it pisses off collectors with all their goddamned exclusives. All I want is Force Commander. I don't want to join a damned club, and I don't want to pay extra fees. I don't give a flaming bag of crap if it's "exclusive" or "collectible" or "limited edition". I just want a Force Commander.

Anyway, that was just a little mini-rant...

-Nathan

NOTE: I do not work for Palisades, just relaying the information.

Force Commander was originally supposed to be a TRU exclusive. TRU said they were not going to pick up the line as production was starting. Rather than not make Force Commander, he became an exclusive. They made 60 cases and that's the way it is now. I personally would have wanted them to make more, but....

DoctorKent
www.toyfinity.com

#11 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 12:27 PM

NOTE: I do not work for Palisades, just relaying the information.

Yeah, I didn't mean to sound like I was railing on you, Doc... I was just ranting about Palisades. They seem to put a big emphasis on exclusives, and I can't STAND exclusives (or, let me clarify: store exclusives are okay, but fan club and toy show exclusives, where you have to spend extra money to get the toy, suck arse). I would have loved to have just bought Force Commander off their web site, but hey, if they don't want to sell it to me, that's their issue...

-Nathan

#12 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 10:40 AM

Jkaris,

further update - found Teela and Orko at WalMart. They had enough stock to fill an endcap, so they are shipping. Keep your eyes peeled. Now I have to find Mekaneck....

DoctorKent
www.toyfinity.com

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com