9 replies to this topic

#1 O'Neill

O'Neill

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:46 AM

These have probably been posted before, but for anyone interested these are illustrations of some unreleased monster in my pockets, from the Argentinean sticker album and some cards I have.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Altogether the unreleased ones pictured are, Ankou, Hairy Boggard, the Headless Man, Troll, Djinn Shapeshifter, Hierocosphinx, Genie, Catarenha, Achelous, Talos, Banshee, Grendal, Hodag, Jabalius. (edit: Theres also Sciapod, I forgot while taking the pics, im sure theres a card and/or sticker i'll get that picture later)

I was wondering if anyone knew if any of these were made as prototypes at all?

Edited by O'Neill, 12 October 2008 - 05:58 AM.

#2 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:05 AM

Hairy Boggard

Isn't it 'Boggart'?

Those things are awesome. I used to leave saucers of milk out hoping to attract one to my house so we could be friends. Then mum got angry because all her saucers went missing.
I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#3 O'Neill

O'Neill

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:25 AM

Hairy Boggard

Isn't it 'Boggart'?

Those things are awesome. I used to leave saucers of milk out hoping to attract one to my house so we could be friends. Then mum got angry because all her saucers went missing.

yeah thats right, it was a spelling error.

#4 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:32 PM

Would have been great figures and great choice in mythology, especially Grendel! I'm also quite familiar with the legend of the Hodag, nice design for it.

I remember seeing Sciapod (the man with one giant foot) in the earliest promotional advertisements for MIMP Series II... I didn't even realize it was an unreleased monster until years later, but then, Series II was never released in my area AT ALL.

Does anybody know what Catarenha is supposed to be? It's interesting looking, but all the google results are just about MIMP. It must be another monster they spelled wrong.

Edited by scythemantis, 24 October 2008 - 10:34 PM.

#5 RabbleRouser

RabbleRouser

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:02 PM

I have artwork for all monsters from series 1, 2 and 3 (complete), as well as descriptive texts for each monster (which i can translate from spanish). I can post them here if you want, unless it's old news.

#6 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:00 PM

I have artwork for all monsters from series 1, 2 and 3 (complete), as well as descriptive texts for each monster (which i can translate from spanish). I can post them here if you want, unless it's old news.

Yeah, that would be cool. What sort of picture quality is the artwork? O'Neil's photos are nice, but I'd love to see some really high quality scans of these things.

#7 RabbleRouser

RabbleRouser

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:23 PM

Yeah, that would be cool. What sort of picture quality is the artwork? O'Neil's photos are nice, but I'd love to see some really high quality scans of these things.

They are hi-res scans of the individual monster cards that appear on the sticker album, as shown by O'Neill. I'll try to post an example here. If it works, i'll post the rest.

Attached Files

#8 PSlulitt

PSlulitt

MIMP Fiend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:56 PM

Yes, please post them! I've been waiting to see these for years, all I've managed to find are photos of the fronts of the cards, usually from a distance and with a huge glare from overhead lighting. I'd love to see your high-rez scans!

#9 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:25 PM

They are hi-res scans of the individual monster cards that appear on the sticker album, as shown by O'Neill. I'll try to post an example here. If it works, i'll post the rest.

Dude, that is wicked. I don't think proper scans of those things exist anywhere on the net, so you'd be doing the MIMP community a real favour by putting them out. Thanks!

#10 RabbleRouser

RabbleRouser

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:43 AM

I've posted the artwork for all the monsters here:

http://www.littlerub...showtopic=28081

Edited by RabbleRouser, 22 August 2009 - 09:44 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com