• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#26 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:36 PM

No surprise here. It's MUSCLEs all the way for me, for the following reasons (many of which have already been mentioned):

1) Strength in numbers. There are way more MUSCLE/Kinnikuman sculpts than there are BBs.
2) Variety. MUSCLEs not only have anthropomorphic animals like BBs, but also plenty of other themes... aliens, buildings, rocks, household objects, etc.
3) Cost. MUSCLEs are much less expensive to collect than BBs (not including Super-Rares, of course).
4) Durability. I'll disagree with Philly here. I've often seen BBs with their arms broken off. You never see MUSCLEs in that condition unless someone took it upon themselves to do the poor MUSCLE in.
5) Extensive merchandising. MUSCLE/Kinnikuman is a separate entity, so there's a lot of cool merchandise to collect. BBs are a subset of the TF line, and there's much less in terms of merchandising.
6) Video games. Sure, the first MUSCLE NES game sucked, but the Ultimate Muscle game for PS3 was pretty sweet. I've never even heard of a BB video game.

Hm. That's all I can think of for now. Make mine MUSCLE! :KS:

#27 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:42 PM

Tortle kind of brings up a good point. When I was stating my reasons why Muscle is better, I was trying to limit my thoughts and rational strictly to the muscle line. If you bring Kinnikuman merchandise into the picture, there is clearly no contest. Romando (fully sized, fully articulated super action figures that when compared to BB would make someone laugh), Movies, Manga, Video games, blanket and bed sets, Dinnerwear, pretty much anything you can think of you can find in japan regarding kinnikuman.

Muscle still way > BB even without considering the kinnikuman aspect of the collecting world.

#28 Jamesullivan

Jamesullivan

M.U.S.C.L.E. Champion 123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Self personal training, sports, RPGs, dogs, and lots of hot tea(black plain with no milk or sugar..though someimes I use a cinnamin or rock candy stick).

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:52 PM

Last time I looked, if you had a Battle Beast standing on your desk at work, coworkers would say something like "cool toy" as do they when a M.U.S.C.L.E. show up. However when you display many figures, Battle Beast will make you look a bit too colorful for the workplace...whereas you can never display too many M.U.S.C.L.E.s, well at least 10 would still seem acceptable. :KS:

M.U.S.C.L.E.s can be used as keyrings without appearing too large. ;)

Standability test!

Although I concur with Universal's Statement"1. Muscles Cons = 5% don't stand on their own" because I tested the basic 233 and got a % of 0.0944206. B)

Ummm video games! :fop:

Just to clarify, M.U.S.C.L.E.s are not Kinnikuman! :M:

Attached File  Sunshine.gif   1.29K   0 downloads
yeah we got those too
Fight for M.U.S.C.L.E.
On second thought, just watch.... M.U.S.C.L.E. Wrestling Videos

#29 Jamesullivan

Jamesullivan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Self personal training, sports, RPGs, dogs, and lots of hot tea(black plain with no milk or sugar..though someimes I use a cinnamin or rock candy stick).

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:04 PM

Just a simple test!

Buy a group of 5 children(6-10 years old) a square plastic log house with 1 window on 3 sides and 1 door; still inside the large cardboard box.

The playhouse is Battle Beasts with alot of color, moveable door and windows.
The large cardboard box is M.U.S.C.L.E. with 1 color and no moving parts.

Personally I think the cardboard box is more fun, until it gets roughed up too much and falls apart!
Fight for M.U.S.C.L.E.

#30 beejay

beejay

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:06 PM

This one's easy:

Walk up to your average super-dumb, super-hot model chick.

Ask her: "Would you prefer a boyfriend with muscles, or a boyfriend with battle beasts?"

Game over.
I am now SEVEN figures away from my flesh set. If you have spare fleshies for sale or trade, PM me and I will love you forever.

NEEDS LIST: http://www.littlerub...showtopic=32448

#31 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

Just a simple test!

Buy a group of 5 children(6-10 years old)...

I tried that once and was arrested. :KS:

#32 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:00 PM

This one's easy:

Ask her: "Would you prefer a boyfriend with muscles, or a boyfriend with battle beasts?"

Game over.

OR

You walk up to your average super-dumb, super-hot model chick.

Ask her: "What do you prefer a boyfriend with tiny pink muscle or Battle Beast (Animals)...

Game over

Super dumb hot sexy chick is yours (Thanks to the BB)
Do not be afraid. If they try to harm you, I will stand in front of them.

#33 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:38 PM

Look, as a kid, I had both MUSCLEs and Battle Beasts. Both sweet toys, but I gotta give it to MUSCLEs.

1. Face it, MUSCLEs have the clear numbers advantage
2. Durability - While both figures had the possibility of going MIA, MUSCLEs never broke, not unless some sick-o kid intentionally tried something. I'd say roughly 40% of my childhood Battle Beasts ended up armless, one-armed, and/or hologramless...

Aw who are we all kidding? Everyone knows that MUSCLEs and Battle Beasts would team up and gang-rape a bunch of CUTIEs.

#34 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:38 PM

laser girlfriend dumped me january 19th 2009 cause she is a whore. i gotta go with a little muscle love here. if u tell hot ladies u got some muscles in ur pants they might sleep over. If u tell hot chicks u got a battle beast in ur pants they will never call u again. muscle love.
if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#35 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:15 PM

laser girlfriend dumped me january 19th 2009 cause she is a whore. i gotta go with a little muscle love here. if u tell hot ladies u got some muscles in ur pants they might sleep over. If u tell hot chicks u got a battle beast in ur pants they will never call u again. muscle love.

Question is did you tell your lasergirlfriend you had a muscle in your pants? :KS: Shoulda went with Battle Beast. :fop:
Besides cassell I thought you were BB to the bone. B)

By the way no hard feelings I couldnt resist though. ;) Chalk up one more tally for Battle Beasts

#36 beejay

beejay

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:32 PM

This one's easy:

Game over.

OR

Ask her: "What do you prefer a boyfriend with tiny pink muscle or Battle Beast (Animals)...

Game over

Let's face it, super-dumb, super-hot model chicks aren't interested in toy collectors. However, if you ask her over to your place to see your muscles, you'll at least get her to your house.

Sorry, but in terms of manipulating hot chicks, the word 'MUSCLES' will defeat 'BATTLE BEASTS' every time. There is simply no disputing this fact.
I am now SEVEN figures away from my flesh set. If you have spare fleshies for sale or trade, PM me and I will love you forever.

NEEDS LIST: http://www.littlerub...showtopic=32448

#37 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:39 PM

This one's easy:

Game over.

OR

Game over

Let's face it, super-dumb, super-hot model chicks aren't interested in toy collectors. However, if you ask her over to your place to see your muscles, you'll at least get her to your house.

Sorry, but in terms of manipulating hot chicks, the word 'MUSCLES' will defeat 'BATTLE BEASTS' every time. There is simply no disputing this fact.

I dunno lets ask cassell :lol:

#38 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:20 PM

I have a container of MUSCLES and a container of Beasts in my 4th grade class. Year in and year out the Beasts get much more playtime than the MUSCLES during recess time.

#39 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:34 AM

I think Jamessullivan's thread here answers this question once and for all.

Battle Beasts don't have nearly as much musical talent as MUSCLEs.

#40 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:16 PM

" This topic will go on forever as we all love are brand of toys. "

Edited by mr.venom, 27 December 2009 - 06:22 PM.

#41 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:53 PM

I have a container of MUSCLES and a container of Beasts in my 4th grade class. Year in and year out the Beasts get much more playtime than the MUSCLES during recess time.

That's really interesting. Care to venture a guess why? (Based on things you actually hear and see with the kids, not the stuff we've been saying.)

I'd also be interested what the kids project onto the figures if they had to write a story/history about them. Half the class writes and draws about BBs and half the class writes and draws about MUSCLEs. Actually I think it would be an awesome thing to have (at least the MUSCLE part) for the Sociology 200 part of UofM.

#42 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:16 PM

Well, the container of MUSCLES are all flesh colored and year in and year out the kids ask if they are erasers. I have a Fireball Island game and the kids us that as a playset of sorts for the beasts, and they use my LEGOS to build sets for them. Also, on occasion, kids will come in and bring me a Beast they found at the flea market. We had indoor recess today and I asked the group of 10 kids playing with them and they just said the MUSCLES were too plain. The 2 girls said they like animals better than "monsters".

#43 Jamesullivan

Jamesullivan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:25 PM

Call me Oscar, but I enjoy the plastic garbage can more than Battle Beasts!
Fight for M.U.S.C.L.E.

#44 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:33 AM

I will be the first to agree with Ghost Lion's class experiences. I played with my Beasts as a kid way more than my muscles. Don't know why. However with regards to nostalgia Muscle wins hands down. I remember picking them up at the store, I remember opening the can and pouring them on the carpet, I remember being amazed by them. Perhaps it has to do with the fact I didn't actually get Beasts brand new from the store. But then again, I recall plenty of things I got new, and to this day, even though I don't have some of them anymore, am not nostalgic about them.

Also I never had a poster, or any idea about other figures aside from the ones I found. I knew a muscle when I found it though, and on numerous occasions I recall finding one and knowing what it was even though I had never seen the figure. They have the same essence. I still vividly recall being at the fleamarket one time, and stopped at a table where two kids were playing on an empty table. They were playing with at least 20 Flesh muscles. I somehow managed to talk them into selling me a few or something. And I'm pretty positive the claw was one of them. I believe I got about 4 more from them as well. One was the big warty monster guy, another was the guy with swords for hands, and then the guy with the hair.....Too bad I'm too lazy to look up their numbers.

I probably found 30 or so Battle Beasts from that time till I joined the board, and maybe 2 since then. And despite being sure I played with them more. I just don't enjoy them like I do muscles. I can't explain it. But my Beasts did have a more prominent place in my toys, with their own specific storage place away from everything else. I felt even then that they were special.

Posted Image

#45 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:13 AM

Haven't been online much lately, no time... :D
However this requires a reply!

Battlebeasts are the bomb!
And MUSCLES are gay! :woot:

:( DK
Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#46 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

Another tally mark for Battle Beasts:Battle Beasts Would Win
:D

#47 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

Another tally mark for Battle Beasts:Battle Beasts Would Win
:KS:

Very funny!! :M: Battle Beast kick ass

#48 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Coked up wrestling promos and MUSCLEs

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

Exhibit A.

battle beasts are not ugly, weird, or pink. :KS:

Exhibit B.

muscles smell insane. :M:

#49 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

I'll make this simple.

Stomp on Battle Beast. They break in a million peices. Stomp on MUSCLE. They still in one peice.

Another point for MUSCLE!

#50 clonewars

clonewars

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

m.u.s.c.l.e. = millions of unusual small creatures lurking everywhere :KS:

How many battle beasts where there? Just seems like they're out numbered! :M:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com