71 replies to this topic

#26 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

the packs come with the bases, 2 figs and 2 bases per pack along with a checklist. the base has a peg, and the figures have a peghole like the old figures used to so the figures will be most sturdy. i suppose the "draw" of them to kids is that it's a game, where you flick your figure(while on it's base)at your opponents figure and try to knock them off the table but keep your figure standing tall......old old timers think of it as playing marbles i suppose...just a modern day version lol

#27 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

the packs come with the bases, 2 figs and 2 bases per pack along with a checklist. the base has a peg, and the figures have a peghole like the old figures used to so the figures will be most sturdy. i suppose the "draw" of them to kids is that it's a game, where you flick your figure(while on it's base)at your opponents figure and try to knock them off the table but keep your figure standing tall......old old timers think of it as playing marbles i suppose...just a modern day version lol

Is the checklist anywhere online?

#28 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

you want like a checklist checklist, or a pic showing all 43 figs? i haven't seen anybody post the official checklist online, but i have spotted the entire 43 fig set pictures online.

#29 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

you want like a checklist checklist, or a pic showing all 43 figs? i haven't seen anybody post the official checklist online, but i have spotted the entire 43 fig set pictures online.

These are a lot nicer than I thought they'd end up being. Where did you find them?

#30 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

These are a lot nicer than I thought they'd end up being. Where did you find them?

my friend found them at fred meyer, cannot remember where he lives exactly.....he's a buddy of mine from a garbage pail kids forum, he grabbed me 37 packs, so i have alot for trade to finish out my set. they are awesome in person, i like them way more than when i just saw pictures.

#31 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Haven't even gotten through January and I'm gonna be spending money left and right. I though 2012 was a good year for minifigures, looks like 2013 is gonna hurt me bad.

#32 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

here they are with the round stands that come with each figure.
Posted Image
totally removable if you don't like how they look with the stands....which i don't

#33 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

here they are with the round stands that come with each figure.
Posted Image
totally removable if you don't like how they look with the stands....which i don't

I really dig 'em. I thought I'd just bypass these for the Kre-Os but looks like I'll be picking up both.

#34 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

yeah these are pretty awesome, i may be grabbing the kreo stuff also, but they ain't out yet, and i'm not super stoked on how they look. they look like lego minifigs bastard child they had with a woman in a trailer park off the side of the highway. but i'll probably still get them. guess since kreo has the gi joe line, lego will never pick them up. shame as i'd totally dump dollars into lego gi joe....i just hate spending cash on anything that directly competes with lego.

#35 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I got a couple of Transformers Kreos, and I wasn't impressed. I like the jib to these micros, though.

#36 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

the kreo stuff just doesn't look right to me, the look like the way the new battle beasts look.....kinda shitty. just look awkward in their shape. i dunno...maybe i'm crazy
bad thing is, these are blind bagged, and i think at toys r us they are 3.99/pack, the ones at fred meyer store were a buck cheaper per pack, but its looking like some people will be forced to pay 3.99 at toys r us for them.

Edited by jason76basin, 26 January 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#37 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

I bet they reach other retailers. But, $4 for two figures isn't HORRIBLE. It isn't great, but there are worse values out there. I mean, you could be buying Class A MUSCLEs.

#38 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

a friend of mine said he grabbed some at target, $2.99/pack, which is fairer than the 3.99 at toys r us, either way a figure for 2 bux ain't fudging bad.

anyway, these have officially been found in toys r us, fred meyer, & target.

#39 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

I'm really hoping they'll back off of the ninja shit, and give us a full spectrum of Vipers and other Cobra operatives.
I'd love to see micro Alley Vipers, Range Vipers and Python Vipers (I always kind of shirked at the name, but they look rad).

#40 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

don't hold your breath for a cutback of ninjas....gi joe for some reason thinks every figure is a ninja now. i'd say 33% of the figures coming out for retaliation are "ninjas" and i do use that term loosely. it's sad/pathetic, and another reason i only collect "a real american hero" line

#41 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

I bought 2 packs today and these guys are REALLY soft (like squinky soft) :ermm:

#42 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

xar, did you dig em? i like them, never felt a squinkie so i didnt know if the texture was the exact same or not. i personally love the joes, but they still ain't showing up in my area yet, so i'm SOL locally for a while

#43 Matlock

Matlock

My name is matlock and i am a lrg addict.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.
    Nintendo - NES,SNES,N64,GB,GBA,DS,3DS
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    GPK.Cheapies, and OS Cards.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    All other cool looking little rubber guys!!
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

Ive checked 3 meijers and still can't find these..but i never would have guessed there soft.
.kinda feel like this about it.

Brown chicken , brown cow

#44 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

xar, did you dig em? i like them, never felt a squinkie so i didnt know if the texture was the exact same or not. i personally love the joes, but they still ain't showing up in my area yet, so i'm SOL locally for a while

I'm not a huge fan of the softness. If they were just a bit more solid I would be able to get into this line but as is I'm not collecting them. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Joe's fan too and so this is kind of a let down. I did see the KRE-O GI Joe's at Toys R Us today, Cobra Commander looks very cool.

#45 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

Now that I know the stands are removable, I guess I'll have to start paying attention to them. Thanks gang.

I had a set of the 80's Joe mini figures and they just didn't do it for me, partly because they were on stands. So I sold them, but hopefully these new figs will interest me....

#46 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

I'm not a huge fan of the softness. If they were just a bit more solid I would be able to get into this line but as is I'm not collecting them. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Joe's fan too and so this is kind of a let down. I did see the KRE-O GI Joe's at Toys R Us today, Cobra Commander looks very cool.

totally missed this post. joe kreo is already out at tru? i must make a run there asaFp

#47 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

Looks like there may be a vehicle/playset (Squinkies style, I'm thinking) for the line. Long story short, there's a TRU computer listing for a "Special Ops Tomahawk" priced at $43. At first the 4" Joe fans rejoiced as they thought Hasbro was going to release the classic Tomahawk helicopter. But now, it's looking like it's going to be a Micro Force as they come up as "Special Ops..." at Target & TRU. There are multiple threads at hisstank.com but you probably don't want to read through the unending butt-hurt posts of the 4" Joe fans. I'm sure we'll see a picture of something this weekend at the Toy Fair.

Edited by Mr.Monster, 06 February 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#48 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

No interest in the Kreo Joe offerings, but I'd be really interested in seeing if the Microforce line spawns a playset or two. I'll poop, if they do a Microforce COBRA lair.

#49 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

No interest in the Kreo Joe offerings, but I'd be really interested in seeing if the Microforce line spawns a playset or two. I'll poop, if they do a Microforce COBRA lair.

So you're giving up on pooping if not?

#50 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

So you're giving up on pooping if not?

We're talking about the difference between pooping, and pooping involuntarily.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com