7 replies to this topic

#1 Skitzjp

Skitzjp

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:31 AM

Hey everyone, new here and loving this forum already. Thanks for the warm welcomes too. 

Well, anyways here is my new project i started. His name is Khobra (will most likely change in the future). He 

is the basically the reaper of fallen snakes everywhere, his job and hobby is collecting their souls.

Attached File  13071930_263236830677291_7706413783136812826_o.jpg   124.94K   4 downloads

He started as a sketch. After finalizing the sketch i started digitally sculpting him in Sculptris.

Attached File  13100703_269941683340139_5568943023562407796_n.jpg   52.16K   5 downloads

Finished sculpt is now being printed at Shapeways.  He is going to be printed at 2 inches tall. Prototype will arrive in a week or so, ill post when it arrives.

Any comments or questions about the figure or process would be great. Please enjoy.

Edited by Skitzjp, 06 May 2016 - 04:33 AM.

#2 majinmoo

majinmoo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:57 AM

WHOA!!!! That's impressive man well done.  Looking forward to the completed result.

#3 Skitzjp

Skitzjp

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:06 AM

thank you majinmoo! I'm extremely humbled by your kind words. i also can't wait share the finalproto when it arrives.

#4 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:14 AM

Groovy! I played around with Sculptris before...very fun tool!

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

#5 Skitzjp

Skitzjp

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:21 AM

Groovy! I played around with Sculptris before...very fun tool!

Thank you sir! Big fan of yours by the way!!! Sculptris indeed is a great program, being the first time I've ever sculpted i am extremely happy with the results I've achieved. Don't get me started on the learning process it took after exporting and hollowing lol, thats a whole other nightmare.

#6 Eddieinthecity

Eddieinthecity

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:toys, toy design, scultping, inventing

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:56 AM

Please post pics of the shapeways print. I've gotten prints from them that were very disappointing. Hope you have better luck,

#7 Skitzjp

Skitzjp

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:00 AM

Heres a quick update on a second sculpt that will accompany the first. He is basically a executioner. Not 100%complete still going to be tweaking some stuff and adding more detail but loving the way he's going right now so i decided share.

Attached Files

#8 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:38 AM

Thank you sir! Big fan of yours by the way!!! Sculptris indeed is a great program, being the first time I've ever sculpted i am extremely happy with the results I've achieved. Don't get me started on the learning process it took after exporting and hollowing lol, thats a whole other nightmare.

I'm honored!

Yeah, a buddy of mine showed me Sculptris on his computer a couple years ago. He said it took him roughly a day to model a VERY realistic human head for one of his figures. Of course, he then went on to complain about how hard it is to do more advanced CAD operations like Booleans and whatnot. It was all fascinating to me, though, because I work in NURBS (as opposed to a mesh/polygon modeler).

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com