• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ramenking

Ramenking

The Noodle Devourer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, Ultimate Muscle, Wrestling, Eating up Them Noodles, and Spriting.

Posted 15 March 2024 - 01:45 AM

New topic time boys and gals, because the old one was a bit busted and I want to start fresh. It's been almost fifteen years since I first posted on here. Wild stuff… Time goes by oh, oh so fast. I found this place because I loved Ultimate Muscle, I grew up on it. Then through there I hunted down fan translations of the Kinnikuman manga, boy were some of them poor quality text and image wise. haha Real eye sore and headache inducing stuff, but it's all I had. Then I managed to find this site when I was looking for a specific Kinniku thing, and it all went up from there. You all were oh so welcoming, and I made a good amount of friends and met some other great and interesting people. The good 4 or 5 years I spent here off and on were some great times, and I gotta say I became nostalgic. Let's cut to now, I'm a bit older I go searching out things from the old days. I remember this forum I log on, I see the fan art section is on the quiet side, and I think I'd like to fix that. (Or try to in my somewhat vain attempt.) As many of you know, I'm a pixel guy. I have always liked making sprites and mucking about with Pixels in my free and spare time. When I was younger I had lots of that, but I didn't really have the ample skill to make the things I wish I could. Certain characters from the Franchise were outside of my skill range badly. I recall spending months upon months trying to make Sunshine, countless hours spent trying to figure him out. It was wild and all I ended up happy with was a head for him and that was it. haha Anyway now I'm older, and I've been doing this whole pixel thing for well over 10 years and I decided since my skills have improved. I'm gonna do some revamping of what I did before, and make even more of what I lacked ability to do so before. (I might even share some pixel pieces outside of the Kinnikuman fandom, just too keep this topic spicy) With that I present you all this (Something I teased in my original old topic). My first of many to come Sprite drops with an initial show of the top dog himself… Kinnikuman in my first make of him, to what I was working with for him prior to my leaving, to the now times. DneZsUD.gif - Kinnikuman Evolve Gif for Funs uajIfbe.png - 200x To See Better AtPsbgD.png - Actual Size Enjoy guys and stay tuned for many more as time goes on, I got a lot of ideas. So follow along if you want to see what goes up. Happy to be back! TLDR: I like this place, I made pixels here over Decade ago, I lefts, I will make more now for your eyes and for my enjoyments. Hope you enjoy em too. Yeet!

Edited by Ramenking, 14 April 2024 - 05:18 AM.

#2 Mangler

Mangler

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 06:30 PM

Awesome!

#3 Ramenking

Ramenking

The Noodle Devourer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, Ultimate Muscle, Wrestling, Eating up Them Noodles, and Spriting.

Posted 17 March 2024 - 03:53 AM

First off thanks Mangler, appreciate it!

So I wanted to just share some of the Old Work I did, as the links in the past threads are long since dead. 

Just gathered some bits up and lined them up for you all. I'm going to be revamping all these guys in time. (Also included is a link to them separated and bigged up if you would prefer looking that way instead) Gotta say while some of these for me look not at all good structure wise anymore. I did at least seem to do some alright colors. Definitely will carry those over to the next cycle for the revamps.

4pH5YJS.png

Next post in due time will be another Kinniku Franchise character, and some extra little bits as well. Stay tuned for it, also if you guys have any questions, comments, or even requests feel free to drop em in here, or message me. All that said…

Ramen, out!

#4 Ramenking

Ramenking

The Noodle Devourer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 03:09 AM

Hey guys, so I got really deep into the revamping weeds and made way more than I thought I would, and I just can't stop going honestly. This has all really revitalized my drive for pixel work, genuinely loving working on these characters again.

All that said, I don't want to drop all these fellas all in one go, so for the moment I will give you all a choice in a nice little poll of 1 to 6. Cast your vote and the highest voted will be shown next week, and second highest the week after, and so on and so on. 

Here are the six peeps nicely blurred for effect.

q9JIqu3.jpg

So you all have one week to cast them votes, and I'll start rolling out the sprites from there one by one. Also they won't be as bare and lack of extras as our boy Kinnikuman was up there, each has their own unique set of alt looks that will accompany them. 

Also doing it this way as well will give me a bit more time to work on bigger and exciting pieces to show down the line here. Which is something I'm really excited about. Until next time…

-Ramen

#5 Ramenking

Ramenking

The Noodle Devourer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 04:49 AM

Popping in to Celebrate...

Happy Kinnikuman Day!!!!

jropyiV.png

1AzROcV.png

k7dcuCt.png

Have a bit of Kinnikuman and Meat, in their Anime Colors, Manga Colors, and Manga BW looks. Also a Kinnikuman W.I.P. Face set. (All upscaled by 200 for the eyes to better see) Also a little bonus, have Kinnikuman over the years from his first appearance to his dumb dumb jacked self in the 2011 reboot. Heres to 45 years!!

EatN1Px.png

Hopefully Ill have something even bigger and better for the next one.

Also I'll keep the poll going another week, and if I still get no votes I'll just release the shadowed figures in my own order. Seeyah peeps!

-Ramen

#6 Ramenking

Ramenking

The Noodle Devourer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 April 2024 - 12:33 AM

Poll is done on both here and Tumblr. Votes all counted, so I'll be getting to work on putting the sprites in a nice presentation. Then start throwing them up bit by bit, for you all to enjoy.

Stay tuned, next post we will reveal our first Blur Boy!!

-Ramen

#7 Ramenking

Ramenking

The Noodle Devourer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 April 2024 - 02:03 AM

First Blurry Boy up, with surprisingly the most votes… Kinkotsuman!

2NEP1z6.png

So this one actually wasn't as in-depth of a revamp as the others in the set, and didn't have really any extras. In a sense though I guess that makes him a perfect start to this group before I drop the others.

Hope you all enjoy the Skelly Boy, and stay tuned for the next one I drop in about a week or so, and thanks to everyone who voted again. Appreciate you peeps!

(Also I've presented him here at 300x the normal size just for convenience on the eyes.)

Until the next post, stay cool everyone. *Slight update made to the Kinko Sprite upon further reflection and altered text and stripes to purple. This is to signify Kinko's tweener status between good and evil*

(Little process of this revamp posted up on the Tumblr... Check it out. https://www.tumblr.c...ss?source=share )

-Ramen

Edited by Ramenking, 20 April 2024 - 08:43 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pixels, Kinnikuman, Sprites

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com