193 replies to this topic

#76 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

It's really unusual how Lioga has a son... it's really rare to see an anime (aimed at kids) with a main character who's a father, let alone old enough to be one in the first place!

Makes me wonder if they're gonna kill him off and make Orga the main character going forward o.o

#77 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Makes me wonder if they're gonna kill him off and make Orga the main character going forward o.o

Minedrill will be charming in at the funeral "He never should've left the castle! I told him he had paperwork!!"
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#78 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Episode 11 is up:
http://www.nosub.tv/watch/41055.html

They aren't above killing off characters apparently.

#79 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Now that was something you don't see everyday in this type of show!

That cheetah is a darn dirty traitor!

and next week: Enter the Wolf :D

#80 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

Now that was something you don't see everyday in this type of show!

That cheetah is a darn dirty traitor!

and next week: Enter the Wolf :D

Yeah, there is a lot going on for toyline commercial cartoon. Intrigue, betrayel, death, alliances between enemies, it's pretty nuts.

#81 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Yeah, there is a lot going on for toyline commercial cartoon. Intrigue, betrayel, death, alliances between enemies, it's pretty nuts.

Pretty nice they didn't just go the easy way and make it about kids playing the Beast Saga game. It's no BeyBlade or B-Daman.

#82 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

No spoilers! I'm waiting on all the subbed versions.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#83 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

No spoilers! I'm waiting on all the subbed versions.

We'll do our best Draznar.

#84 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

Minedrill will be charming in at the funeral "He never should've left the castle! I told him he had paperwork!!"

This reminds me; I did a screen-capture of that episode and vectorized the 'Gloria Kingdom' stamp that Raioga uses in that tedious document stamping sequence. If anyone wants it for whatever reason just let me know and i'll post it for distribution. :)

Also, Episode 11 was awesome! I won't divulge any spoilers...and Draznar I understand not wanting to watch them until they're dubbed, but really it's not that difficult to follow what's going on even if you don't understand Japanese. After all, this isn't a Miyazaki production or anything, so it's not heavily plot driven or anything. It's pretty much par-for-the-course as far as anime goes...lots of fighting and 'OooOooh!' moments, but it's worth it just to see some of the artwork and clear portion of the storyline develop to help flesh out the history behind the figures. That, and since they appear to be kind of struggling to get dubs of them anyway, I'm not so confident it'll be completed. Just my $.02 :)

Can't wait for Ep 12!

#85 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

WTH did i miss? There is an actual anime series ?

Wow....i've been out of the loop for a while.

Edit:
I've just watched a bit and , yep, i still have no interest in the toys but i'll be watching this anime.

It is eerily reminiscent of the fan fiction i wrote and posted on this board 4 years + ago...

Edited by Articulationnut, 13 April 2013 - 09:14 PM.

Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#86 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Forgot to check recently, turns out the RAW for 12 and 13 are out!

In episode 12 there's a flashback and we see Lioga using his single pack weapon! :D

#87 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Yeah, I noticed that they were using the generic weapons in some other scenes too. I guess they had to justify that lazy decision :lol: Just sucks that they show some of the figs that came with generic weapons using sweet custom weapons but we've already discussed that ad nauseum so i digress. Really enjoyed episode 13 though. Manta Ray being a mute is actually very fitting to how I had envisioned his personality. And loving aladyls drunken rage round 2 hehe.

#88 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Aldyle needs a little barrel of booze accessory XD He's a drunken master!

#89 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Episode 14

Great stuff in this episode, including the intro of the Whale (who appears to be a leader of some sort) and the Salmon, and in one shot you can also see the Orca and Dolphin for the first time. From what I can tell, this episode makes it clear that there are good-guy Sea Tribe characters; I'd been wondering about that since the early releases of figures like the Dolphin and Turtle that didn't seem to fit in with Killer Shark and the other Sea Death characters.

Also worth mentioning that the Salmon is named 'Salmomanther' ( is it really supposed to be 'Salmomancer?' Maybe a play on 'necromancer'? I've never been clear on this, but everyone always refers to the LB as 'Salmomanther'... ) Anyway, like Big Serow it was nice to see the legacy namesake was used. He also looks pretty bad ass; really looking forward to that figure!

Attached File  Capture.JPG   58.38K   32 downloads Attached File  asas.JPG   48.2K   36 downloads

#90 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Man stuff sure is getting serious in this show! Killer Shark, Scissor Shark and Power Shark have all three parts of the Water Godlot! This sounds bad considering the type of damage Golder could do with just one part.

I'm curious about who else has parts of the Fire Godlot besides Gloria.

#91 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

Spark Shark!

#92 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

Man, I can't wait for the salmon figure, and those other sharks better be coming soon! It was cool to see a lot more of the Sea Tribe in this episode, and I'm looking forward to the fight in the next!

#93 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Has episode 4 been subbed yet?
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#94 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

Has episode 4 been subbed yet?

According to this:

http://www.shanaproject.com/subbertag/1757/

No.
<p> </p>
<p>

#95 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

According to this:

http://www.shanaproject.com/subbertag/1757/

No.

Thank you for letting me know :D I'd like to hold off on watching the series until it's been subbed so i'm eager for the latest subbed episode.

#96 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Thank you for letting me know :D I'd like to hold off on watching the series until it's been subbed so i'm eager for the latest subbed episode.

I hear ya, bro. I am in the exact same boat.
<p> </p>
<p>

#97 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Episode 15: Enter Killer Shark! :woot:

#98 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

OH SHI... it's gonna be an intense next episode o.o Lioga is still recovering, how is he going to win this one? Is someone going to sacrifice themselves to save him? If they were going to air this in the us in the usual 22 minutes format (by putting two episodes together) this would be the first half of episode 8. That kind of quick pace story telling would probably be a hit I'm sure of it.

I'm not fan of how weak they make Leppermint look in this one :/ she looked a bit too scared considering how she was pretty nifty in her first intervention in episode 2.

Anyway, talk about a classy introduction.

#99 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:16 AM

I'm not fan of how weak they make Leppermint look in this one :/ she looked a bit too scared considering how she was pretty nifty in her first intervention in episode 2.

Yeah I also thought that was odd, but not understanding Japanese I'm not clear on the cause of her sudden fear in battle. Maybe related to something in the Golda/Liorga fight? Either way, she didn't look so weak after her summoned gang of shadow demons started eating faces! ;)

Also, just noticed that takaratomychannel on YouTube uploaded this new promo last week, including an...interesting interview with the animation director. Seems odd timing to have this 'announcement' as the show has already been airing in Japan for three months now, but it's in English so I guess this is their way of officially reaching out to the Western audience.

Edited by bachamn, 22 April 2013 - 06:25 AM.

#100 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

OH SHI... it's gonna be an intense next episode o.o Lioga is still recovering, how is he going to win this one? Is someone going to sacrifice themselves to save him? If they were going to air this in the us in the usual 22 minutes format (by putting two episodes together) this would be the first half of episode 8. That kind of quick pace story telling would probably be a hit I'm sure of it.

Anyway, talk about a classy introduction.

Yeah, I agree, Lepermint being scared seemed a little weird to me. Obviously with a translation, knowing exactly what she was scared of would add some context, but I'm guessing it was a setup for her giving Liorga courage later or something? The relationship between Lepermint and Liorga is interesting.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com