139 replies to this topic

#51 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:31 PM

I think all Curry Cook did was cut Kinnikuman's forehead and then run away after Kinnikuman started beating him up.
Posted Image

#52 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:12 PM

anyway if you wanna play the dream tag match canadianman and specialman have to be in if I remember well.

but most of those characters' moves would probably consist of falling over and dying.

Also Benkiman's move was easily countered as a result of his death but yet he's in the game

Edited by buffaloman, 24 January 2007 - 04:45 PM.

#53 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:02 PM

Because Benkiman was awesome.

Yeah, Specialman and Canadianman were in the PS2 Tag game, but that game was so generically put together you could put anyone in and it wouldn't matter.
Posted Image

#54 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:19 PM

Because Benkiman was awesome.

Yeah, Specialman and Canadianman were in the PS2 Tag game, but that game was so generically put together you could put anyone in and it wouldn't matter.

so who would you like to see respectively from Gen 1 and Gen2?

#55 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:09 PM

Sorry if I seemed a bit to harsh or something, but I'll answer.

From the original generation:
They pretty much got most of the key characters (if not more) in the first game. If they're going to try to do an exact version of the story mode, then I suppose every minion of Mariposa, Zebra, and Super Phoenix needs to be in. MAYBE (big maybe) Meat, but I think they could do it without him..

Aside from those guys, Neptuneman (with The Samurai as the P2, though i'd like Quarrelman) is an absolute must in my opinion. One of my favorite characters and I was disappointed he wasn't in the last game.

Big the Budo could be in, to, I guess..

Generation 2:

Pretty much most of the people I'd put in were in the last game.

Ricardo could work. Seichuin (Wally) could, too.

Oh yeah, No Respect would work great. I was actually surprised Hanzo wasn't in the last game.

I would personally LOVE for the Demon Seed characters to be in, but they were never animated, so that might be a bit too tricky...
Posted Image

#56 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 04 February 2007 - 02:44 AM

More clips:

#57 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:41 PM

Wow, Zebra looks really awesome. I can't wait for this.
Posted Image

#58 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

Nezumi-Otoko for President!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do, Tai Chi, Aikido), manga and anime, drawing mangas, Kurosawa Akira and Woody Allen and Stanley Kubrick films, Japanese food and culture, breathing, Mystery Science Theater 3000, political humor, voice actors, flying by farting, wrestling, and the music of Frank Zappa

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:00 PM

The game is now set to be released in June...

Also, there are rumors of Two more characters other than the Five fated princes... possibly Mammothman and Omegaman, but one might be a Zebra team member like Parthenon or Bikeman... Hey! Maybe it's Chaos!... I guess we'll never know... until they reveal it...

Edited by Idol Choujin Showtime, 05 February 2007 - 01:09 PM.

Currently Reading: One Piece, Hajime no Ippo, Detective Conan, Toriko, Beelzebub, Bakuman., Nurarihyon no Mago, Kyoukai no Rinne, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, GTO: Shonan 14 Days, Naruto, Bleach, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Rurouni Kenshin, Shamo, Real, BØY, and (whenever I can) KochiKame
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010
"Washi ga Otokojuku jukuchou... Edajima Heihachi de aru!!!!!"

#59 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:23 PM

I imagine one of them will be Neptuneman.

June is the release for the arcade version, correct? Then I guess we'll wait even longer for the PS2 port... it'll all be good though.
Posted Image

#60 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:48 PM

The game is now set to be released in June...

Also, there are rumors of Two more characters other than the Five fated princes...

with the 5 fated princes it includes all the team members right?

#61 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:51 PM

So far that doesn't seem to be the case.

I just realized they may cover the Dream Tag Match, since at the end of Story Mode in MPG Max it shows Sunshine and Ashuraman talking about the chest with the cursed dolls inside. I just hope they don't try to put in tag fighting or anything silly that would mess with the fighting system too much... it was pretty solid before.

Prince Kamehame would also be pretty cool, I think.
Posted Image

#62 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do, Tai Chi, Aikido), manga and anime, drawing mangas, Kurosawa Akira and Woody Allen and Stanley Kubrick films, Japanese food and culture, breathing, Mystery Science Theater 3000, political humor, voice actors, flying by farting, wrestling, and the music of Frank Zappa

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:00 PM

Ah sh*t, I can't believe I forgot Neptuneman of all people, he's one of my all time favs!!

Anyway, if it's really just 2 more characters, then it'll prob'ly be Neptuneman and Mammothman, but Omegaman and Kamehame are just as possible.
Currently Reading: One Piece, Hajime no Ippo, Detective Conan, Toriko, Beelzebub, Bakuman., Nurarihyon no Mago, Kyoukai no Rinne, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, GTO: Shonan 14 Days, Naruto, Bleach, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Rurouni Kenshin, Shamo, Real, BØY, and (whenever I can) KochiKame
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#63 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:11 PM

if the main event of the game is the kinniku throne storymode don't you think the following characters will all be in?

TEAM KINNIKUMAN
Kinnikuman (I won't need the push of my farts!)
Neptuneman (Ichi-Ban!!)
Robin Mask (The games end here!)
Geronimo (U-RA-RA!!)
Ramenman (The 102 Choujin Attacks...)
Warsman (Ko~Ho~)
Terryman (To speak ill of my fallen comrades is unforgivable!)

TEAM PHOENIX
Kinnikuman Super Phoenix (I AM the true Planet Kinniku Prince!!)
The Omegaman (I am called the Choujin Hunter.)
Mammothman (PAROOO!!)
Prisman (Kyo~Kyo-kyo-kyo)
Satan Cross (You wouldn't hit your master would you, Ashuraman?)

TEAM SOLDIER
Kinniku Ataru (True Friendship Power!)
Buffaloman (10 Million Power!)
Brocken Jr. (I will carry out the mission without fail!)
Ashuraman (Ka~Ka-ka-ka)
The Ninja (My ninjitsu is not to be taken lightly.)

TEAM ZEBRA
Kinnikuman Zebra
Parthenon
Bikeman
Motorman
The Manriki

TEAM MARIPOSA
Kinnikuman Mariposa
King the 100 Ton
Mixer Taite
Mr. VTR
The Hawkman

OTHER
Kinnikuman Big Body
Prince Kamehame
Alexandria Meat

if these people won't be in the game that means the game won't feature the complete arc

#64 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:15 PM

According to Japanese Wikipedia, the two other characters are gonna be NEPTUNEMAN and BIG THE BUDOU!!!!! The Hell Missionaries!! The Perfect Choujins!! I personally would've preferred Mammothman or Bikeman over Budou, but still!!
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#65 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:59 PM

Neptuneman, Huzzah!!! Come to think of it, has Big the Budo done much in the series, cos he didn't leave much of an impression unlike Neptuneman.

#66 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:49 PM

Awesome, with Neptuneman in, I think that about covers my favorites in the game.

As for Big the Budou... yeah, Neptuneman was much more of a dynamic personality during the tag match arc, so he never really stood out too much.
Posted Image

#67 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:58 PM

so no chance to see people like King the 100 Ton Mixer Taite Mr. VTR The Hawkman or Manriki?

#68 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:58 AM

Maybe when the game gets ported to the PS2.
Posted Image

#69 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:56 AM

the frequence of the updates is very low also, the PS2 port is a possibility but not a certainty, let's keep our fingers crossed anyway

#70 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:53 PM

I dunno if this was posted yet, but:

Kind of displays new costumes, characters, fighting system, etc. If I'm looking at it right, Mongolman and Ramenman might be separate characters... which I hope isn't true, as that'd be kind of stupid.

It also shows the finishers for the 5 Princes.

...did Big Body use a Muscle Revenger?
Posted Image

#71 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:07 PM

If I'm looking at it right, Mongolman and Ramenman might be separate characters... which I hope isn't true, as that'd be kind of stupid.

Not really. Ramenman intentionally used different techniques as Mongolman. I'd actually prefer them as seperate characters.
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#72 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:18 PM

Eh, I guess, but I was never a fan of making different "versions" of the same character into completely separate playable characters. I mean, look at Budokai Tenkaichi.

Hell, look at Generations, even. Probably about a third of the roster were "alternate" versions of previously existing characters. That stuff kind of annoys me, it feels like they're bloating the roster with alternate costumes when there's plenty of new characters they can use. But since Ramenman and Mongolman are both awesome, I'll accept it.

And did Big Body use a Muscle Revenge or am I imagining things?
Posted Image

#73 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:06 PM

I already mentioned that video earlier. The variant costumes seem to be usable when having certain people against each other, ala the "Miracle of Muscle Docking" & "Hustle Muscle" song inserts.

Also, could someone put up the cutscenes of story mode from the previous game?

Edited by Frobman, 15 February 2007 - 02:08 PM.

#74 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:40 PM

Sorry, I thought someone might've mentioned it.

I hope they put in Ramenman's dragon outfit from the Royal Survival Tournament. That was awesome.

And I got a better look; looks like Big Body doesn't use the Muscle Revenger on Kinnikuman. It's still a weird looking move though.
Posted Image

#75 Gear

Gear

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, Video Games, Computers, (lol can I be any more nerdy?) hanging out with friends and family,

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:46 PM

I'm sorry, I know this isn't the exact topic to post this in, but I'm still stuck on how to unlock Benkiman, Akuma Shogun, and Kinniku Soldier. Do any of you guys know the exact requirements on how to get them? I rather just go through the trouble to get them then download the save file. Thanks.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com