50 replies to this topic

#26 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:42 PM

I have the new DS Castlevania, but I still haven't finished Dawn of Sorrow, so I'd like to finish that first. I'm also playing Legend of Kage 2 on the DS.

PSP - Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure.
XBox - Otogi: Myth of Demons
PlayStation - Bushido Blade
Mega Drive - True Lies
SNES - Super Metroid
GP2X - Cave Story
PC - Grand Theft Auto (free download from Rockstar Classics!)

Yep, that's what I'm playing at the moment. Also addicted to Bop It Extreme 2, my sister got it for her birthday yesterday and we haven't been able to put it down!

I have a GP2X too, and I love Cave Story! However, I can NOT beat the last boss.. do you have any tips for me? I go in with full stats on all my guns & still get waxed :rolleyes:
By the time I manage to kill his bodyguard I'm pretty weakened..

Basically the only games I've been playing are emulators on the GP2X:
SNES: final fantasy III (VI)
Genesis: Shadowrun, Earthworm Jim 2, Kid Chameleon

Besides from emulators I've played Fallout 2 recently; I think I might start a new game as a completely different type of character.

#27 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:21 PM

Puzzle quest somes on PC and Wii too, just so you know.

The music gets a little repetitive after a while.
I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#28 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:23 PM

I have the new DS Castlevania, but I still haven't finished Dawn of Sorrow, so I'd like to finish that first. I'm also playing Legend of Kage 2 on the DS.

for sure finish dawn of sorrow and then pick up portrait of ruin before you play order of ecclesia. portrait of ruin is harder than dawn of sorrow and order of ecclesia is way harder than portrait of ruin. i've been playing off and on for the past day and it's way good and challenging. it's balanced though, like on dawn of sorrow if you get the right soul combinations you can walk through that game with one hand tied behind your back. portrait of ruin starts out harder and gradually turns into a bloodbath for the bad guys. order of ecclesia is straight up pure balance. every time you go into a new area you had better have your skills down or you'll be dead quick. very good game and a nice new direction for the series. it's now more about your platforming skills and less about your farming skills. i'll reserve judgement on my favorite of the three until after i beat the balls off of this new one.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#29 TehStar

TehStar

I can fly!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:21 AM

Considering the fact that I really can't play more than two or three games at a time without completely neglecting the rest of my games, currently, I'm only playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Final Fantasy IV for the DS, and Lego Batman for the 360.

#30 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:36 AM

PSP - Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure.
XBox - Otogi: Myth of Demons
PlayStation - Bushido Blade
Mega Drive - True Lies
SNES - Super Metroid
GP2X - Cave Story
PC - Grand Theft Auto (free download from Rockstar Classics!)

Yep, that's what I'm playing at the moment. Also addicted to Bop It Extreme 2, my sister got it for her birthday yesterday and we haven't been able to put it down!

I have a GP2X too, and I love Cave Story! However, I can NOT beat the last boss.. do you have any tips for me? I go in with full stats on all my guns & still get waxed :rolleyes:
By the time I manage to kill his bodyguard I'm pretty weakened..

Basically the only games I've been playing are emulators on the GP2X:
SNES: final fantasy III (VI)
Genesis: Shadowrun, Earthworm Jim 2, Kid Chameleon

Besides from emulators I've played Fallout 2 recently; I think I might start a new game as a completely different type of character.

Ooh, a fellow GP2X owner, do you use the forums on GP32X.com? I do, under the same user name as I do here. Can't help you with the last boss sorry, I'm only half way through the game myself (I think). Me and the girl version of me are currently escaping from the labyrinth. It's too much fun, and somehow on GP2X it's even more enjoyable than it is on Windows! Those emulators are fantastic, I'm finding and playing all sorts of fantastic NES games I wouldn't've known about otherwise, particularly Gun-Dec and Layla. Try them both. Kid Chameleon, I love that game, better than any Mario thing I've ever played, certainly.

My comics blog - mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s
Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#31 nevdog81

nevdog81

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Vintage video games, Football cards, comics pre-1999, Most action figures from the 1970- early 1990's.

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:04 AM

I have been playing the hell out of Lego Start Wars the complete saga for WII,

It is funny and alot of fun!!!! :lol:

#32 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:55 PM

Ooh, a fellow GP2X owner, do you use the forums on GP32X.com? I do, under the same user name as I do here. Can't help you with the last boss sorry, I'm only half way through the game myself (I think). Me and the girl version of me are currently escaping from the labyrinth. It's too much fun, and somehow on GP2X it's even more enjoyable than it is on Windows! Those emulators are fantastic, I'm finding and playing all sorts of fantastic NES games I wouldn't've known about otherwise, particularly Gun-Dec and Layla. Try them both. Kid Chameleon, I love that game, better than any Mario thing I've ever played, certainly.

Yeah, I browse those forums all the time, but I'm not registered (yet). I'll definitely check out those two NES games! I've found some interesting and obscure games using emulators too: check out Metal Warriors for the SNES. It's an interesting platformer/shooter where you're a tiny human piloting a huge mech. There are many different types of mech that you find & commandeer throughout the game, with different abilities - some have insane firepower, some can fly, some have great defensive abilities, etc.

#33 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:53 AM

Metal Warriors you say? Sounds good, I'll take a gander at that one. I love Cybernator, so anything similar would be fantastic.

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#34 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:41 PM

World of Warcraft

And yeah, Professor Layton and the Curious Village is pretty fun so I will also recommend checking it out.

Hi my name is Adamantiumwulf and I am a recovering WoW addict. I have been WoW free for over 6 months.

I have no plans to go back any time soon. $40 bucks is a horrible price for an expansion.

Prof layton is a good puzzler/thinking game. Puzzle quest will keep you busy for a long time.

Yeah :D

But after being in the beta... it's well... awesome. Especially compared to BC which was terrible.

#35 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:19 AM

PS3: Silent Hill: Homecoming, Little Big Planet
Xbox360: Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Dead Space
Wii: Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicels
PSP: Final Fantasy Crisis Core

Posted Image

#36 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:26 PM

Wii: Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicels

great game. especially if you only have snippets of time to play. just rush through a chapter or two and burn off some of your roadrage after the evening's commute. have you got all "s" rankings on everything? and did you bother wasting your time going through all 20 of the special mission's rounds?

#37 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:11 PM

Really? I heard Umbrella Chronicles was pretty awful. Although it's a moot point for me...any Wii game that requires any sort of precision targeting is out of the question for me, since my tv's too big for their stupid tiny sensor bar. ;)

Anyway, my gaming time is still at a pretty strict minimum, but i finally picked up the Ultimate Muscle game for GameCube last weekend, and i've finally gotten around to testing it out. Definitely easier on the eyes than the PS2 game, and while not spectacular it's nice to just have some kind of story mode. If only the character selection was as big as the PS2 game, this would definitely be my preferred version.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#38 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:59 AM

my tv's too big for their stupid tiny sensor bar. :(

shizznit how big is your TV? The sensor bar is fine for my 50" TV, and I can't see it being a problem for a 60" tv because they're not *that* much bigger...

Have you got it set up right?

#39 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:12 PM

my tv's too big for their stupid tiny sensor bar. :D

shizznit how big is your TV? The sensor bar is fine for my 50" TV, and I can't see it being a problem for a 60" tv because they're not *that* much bigger...

Have you got it set up right?

Set up right? You just put it on top of the tv, in the middle, right? :unsure: I've tried top and bottom, top seems to work better since there's less of a gap between the bar and the screen, but neither are what i'd call perfect.

We've got a 52" tv. If it's not a problem with tv vs. sensor bar, it's just a problem with the generally crappy motion controls. On most games, the cursor gets all jumpy or cuts out completely when it nears the edges of the tv. Some games it's jumpy in the middle though, so it might just be dodgy technology all around.

I have heard that in general smaller tv's work better though.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#40 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:43 AM

Games that rely on the motion control are really hit and miss. I have a 32" SD tv though.

Zack and wiki is one of the best games for the wii and uses great motion control.

I downloaded the left 4 dead demo a couple nights ago on the 360. Great game demo includes a couple chapters and the ability to play online as well as single player. Up to 4 people can play and help each other. Helping teammates is a big thing on the harder difficulties.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#41 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:59 AM

Zack and wiki is one of the best games for the wii and uses great motion control.

Yeah, along with Smash Bros, Zack and Wiki is the only game i've really liked for the system so far.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#42 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:35 AM

Set up right? You just put it on top of the tv, in the middle, right? :D I've tried top and bottom, top seems to work better since there's less of a gap between the bar and the screen, but neither are what i'd call perfect.

Yeah, top works better for big TVs, Some games come with callibration for the wiimote too, which improves performance greatly.

It is a bit dodgey in general, the motion and tilt and everything is a bit funny except in particular games. They released an attachment which improves it a whooooole lot.

#43 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:44 AM

I am currently playing Lost: Via Domas on the 360. I was playing Lego Indiana Jones (and loving it!) but our trial membership for gamefly ran out before I could finish it. I got darn close though (about 90%) and hope to finish it as soon as I can buy the game. I also want to get Lego Batman. I have a weakness for the Lego games :D

As for my DS...I haven't really played anything on it in a while but I really want to try Professor Layton.

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#44 rock-n-wrestling

rock-n-wrestling

Disaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:23 PM

currently, believe it or not, I am playing the old SEGA Genesis system haha. Had to break it out for old times sake and have been having a blast playing Madden Football :(

I'm soon gonna get my PS2 in the mail (my PS1 finally gave up the ship!). When that happens, I'm sure I'll be looking at getting some more games to add to my collection.

I'm sort of looking forward to getting the new Smackdown vs. Raw 2009, although I've heard some don't like it as much as the previous ones?! I've never played any of the other ones prior, so any suggestions?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Einstein

Posted Image

#45 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:04 PM

Liz and your LEGO weaknesses:

Did you ever play LEGO Island or LEGO Creator? They were some fantastic games, you were basically given a virtual LEGO bucket to play with, a LEGO bucket that you didn't have to root through to find those single stud bricks. Try and find them if you haven't played them.

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#46 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:38 PM

Wii: Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicels

great game. especially if you only have snippets of time to play. just rush through a chapter or two and burn off some of your roadrage after the evening's commute. have you got all "s" rankings on everything? and did you bother wasting your time going through all 20 of the special mission's rounds?

I was doing the special missions but never got around to fully beating the game. stopped playing due to all the other ones Im playing....plus work. Been playing another round of Gears 2 to collect all the collectibles and online matches. Also just picked up Animal Crossing for the Wii as well.

And Liz what is up with that avatar :)

Posted Image

#47 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:39 AM

And Liz what is up with that avatar :huh:

That is my cat in a foam "stockade" out of some shipping box. Antagonizing him is one of our favorite pastimes :)

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#48 NoBody

NoBody

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.S., MegaMan Keshi, finding my mind I lost it along the way!, getting a grip on reality

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:25 PM

pc: COD4

#49 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:35 PM

just recently completed dead space for 360, very scarey but short, overall good game though. just downloaded super mario 64 on my wii played it a little but got sick of the old school gameplay. everyone who remembers mario paint should go on youtube and look at the songs people made on that game, its insano!

#50 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:41 PM

pc: crayon physics. anxiously awaiting deluxe.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com