#1 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:17 PM

See title, do action. Not too hard, ne?

It's not too hard to love Nintendo, or is IT? oh wait hardcorez vs. casualz war lolololololol
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

#2 nevdog81

nevdog81

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Vintage video games, Football cards, comics pre-1999, Most action figures from the 1970- early 1990's.

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:00 PM

The NES is my Favorite system!!! So many great games and memories that go along with them.

I also like Nintendo as a company, they always seem to try to be innovative with their systems and games from the Power Pad to the WII. I think everyone owned a Game Boy.

Forgot about the Virtual Boy...... What a flop, but I still own one :lol:

#3 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:45 PM

I will always love Nintendo! I still own my original Nes Action Set in box... a little tattered, but still in good shape. :lol: I'll keep it till the day i die.

#4 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:29 PM

I wish that Nintendo would go the way of Sega and just develop games. Their hardware has been fairly terrible for the last three generations (except the DS), but their first-party games are typically top-notch. If they'd focus on games and release proper Mario, Zelda, etc. sequels more than once every five or six years, that would be awesome. Every time i finish a Mario game i get depressed because i know i'll be five years older and have another stupid console on my shelf before i get to play the next one.

Also someone needs to point out the irony of the first post in this thread not actually containing any "nintendo luv", or indeed, any real reason for kicking off said thread. It's just like a window broke between here and the UM boards, and everyone accidentally saw inside on their way to somewhere else. :lol:

Edited by Scumdogg, 11 May 2009 - 11:33 PM.

Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#5 StalkingButler

StalkingButler

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:15 AM

I just saw that they're coming out with a new 'Punch Out' game on the Wii. I have many fond memories of playing that back in the day.

I'm not a big fan of the Wii though, so, mehhhh

#6 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:05 AM

I just saw that they're coming out with a new 'Punch Out' game on the Wii. I have many fond memories of playing that back in the day.

They are, and it's a perfect example of my complaint. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out was HUGE on the NES, popular enough to get a rereleased and altered version once their license with Tyson ran out. Super-Punch Out on the SNES was an amazing game and is still popular to this day. It's a super-easy style of game to program. How long did it take to get a sequel? FIFTEEN YEARS.

And don't even get me started on the sequels that would be super popular but don't get released here because Nintendo hates America, like the Mother (Earthbound) series.

Also i wholeheartedly agree with your "mehhhh". I own one, but every time i buy a game for it it's a fairly grudging process. My recommendation is basically to use the GameCube controller for every Wii game that you possibly can, it makes them better.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#7 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:01 AM

Less Than Three on Maniac Mansion. Flaming Hampsters For The Win!

Also, I've been playing the NES Punisher game lately. Most. Racist. Game. Ever. You walk through the streets and shoot african Americans, Hispanics in 'Chi Guievera' garb, white Rastas, and occasionally encounter albino mobsters and NINJAS. Why did I start on this absolutly rediculus game? Well, I've been reading the old Punisher comics lately. Now I'm only missing ten from my set...
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#8 StalkingButler

StalkingButler

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:23 PM

when I saw the punch out commercial, I couldn't help but think that I would be all about the game if it was on a normal console with a normal controller. The fact that its on Wii pretty much means I'll never play it.

I don't have anything against Wii, its just not for me.

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:39 PM

One of the things I've read about the Punch-Out game is that it has the option to play the game with the remote sideways, to mimic a classic NES controller almost perfectly, and avoid the use of movement controls altogether. That's a big selling point for me, as I do own a Wii, but I need to see some more that makes it worthwhile to drop $50 on the game. Unless it's budget-priced! Which I doubt.

I think Matto was just trying way too hard with the opening post.

#10 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:47 PM

Also someone needs to point out the irony of the first post in this thread not actually containing any "nintendo luv", or indeed, any real reason for kicking off said thread. It's just like a window broke between here and the UM boards, and everyone accidentally saw inside on their way to somewhere else. :p

That's why I liked this post so much.

And I'm watching you Boa. You're on double secret probation. :( :)

#11 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

Also, I've been playing the NES Punisher game lately. Most. Racist. Game. Ever. You walk through the streets and shoot african Americans, Hispanics in 'Chi Guievera' garb, white Rastas, and occasionally encounter albino mobsters and NINJAS. Why did I start on this absolutly rediculus game? Well, I've been reading the old Punisher comics lately. Now I'm only missing ten from my set...

Wait, it's racist because it's got enemies from multiple races?
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#12 nevdog81

nevdog81

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Vintage video games, Football cards, comics pre-1999, Most action figures from the 1970- early 1990's.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:17 PM

One of my Fav games on NES!! I think the Punisher is a equal opportunity killer and if you were breaking the law and you were purple you would be dead. And come on everyone knows Rastas are always carrying and dealing!!!!!!!!! J/K :drinks:

#13 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:46 PM

I will always love Nintendo! I still own my original Nes Action Set in box... a little tattered, but still in good shape. :lol: I'll keep it till the day i die.

Im with you! :lol:
The only difference is I own the Top Loader. :drinks:

Edit:I got rid of my regular deck years ago,I regret it.

Edited by meatcutta78, 12 May 2009 - 04:48 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

They are, and it's a perfect example of my complaint. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out was HUGE on the NES, popular enough to get a rereleased and altered version once their license with Tyson ran out. Super-Punch Out on the SNES was an amazing game and is still popular to this day. It's a super-easy style of game to program. How long did it take to get a sequel? FIFTEEN YEARS.

And don't even get me started on the sequels that would be super popular but don't get released here because Nintendo hates America, like the Mother (Earthbound) series.

Also i wholeheartedly agree with your "mehhhh". I own one, but every time i buy a game for it it's a fairly grudging process. My recommendation is basically to use the GameCube controller for every Wii game that you possibly can, it makes them better.

HAHAHAHA I guess not everyone likes physical activity. =D

I think Matto was just trying way too hard with the opening post.

Realize that "Wii is too casual" is basically massive lolskates for me. I post a thread out of interest to see what kind of posts I get, and I was not disappointed! I knew their would be whining about the Wii, and it happened, HOORAY!

So, my findings? No Nintendo love here. Back to the UM thread I go! AND TO THE TRASH BIN THIS THREAD CAN GO MISTER MOD SIR!
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

#15 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:45 PM

HAHAHAHA I guess not everyone likes physical activity. =D

Yes it must be this and not the fact that the motion controls make games impossible to play with any sort of precision, or that Nintendo's little sensor bar is way too small for my tv making the remote not even register on the right or left sides of the screen.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#16 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

Uh...... yeah that's called multicultural and inclusive duh!

Verrrrrrrry PC I mean heck.... that's the ideal..... right? :drinks:

#17 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

Realize that "Wii is too casual" is basically massive lolskates for me. I post a thread out of interest to see what kind of posts I get, and I was not disappointed! I knew their would be whining about the Wii, and it happened, HOORAY!

So, my findings? No Nintendo love here. Back to the UM thread I go! AND TO THE TRASH BIN THIS THREAD CAN GO MISTER MOD SIR!

I'm going to bite my tongue, HARD, and avoid asking you my initial question. Instead, I'm going to ask if perhaps you are lacking in reading comprehension. This thread has proved that there is nothing but love for Nintendo, as well it should be! That's an entirely different issue from whether or not there is lots of love for the Nintendo Wii. Nintendo's an enormous company with a long, rich history of gaming. I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone in this forum who hasn't enjoyed something from Nintendo, whether the NES, SNES, Game Boy, N64, DS, Gamecube, or, yes, Wii. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but did I or did I not say I own a Wii? Nothing I actually said about it, last I checked, was actually to the detriment of the system itself, and I was enthusiastic about the new Punch-Out to boot.

That's not even going into the fact that you think you can take your perverse kicks from this thread, ignore the little conversation going on already, and just command one of the moderators to trash this thread, its sole purpose of existence fulfilled.

Let me put it into words your 4chan-addled mind can grasp: EPIC FAIL.

Edited by Boaconda, 13 May 2009 - 02:09 PM.

#18 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:13 AM

;) Boa, if you're not carefully you're going to end up being labeled an asshole (which is just another way for me to say I liked your post ^_^ ).

#19 StalkingButler

StalkingButler

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:31 AM

Aight, I guess I'm unaware. So there's another thread that is arguing something in this subject matter and this one was to make a point for that thread??? ^_^

#20 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:49 AM

Aight, I guess I'm unaware. So there's another thread that is arguing something in this subject matter and this one was to make a point for that thread??? ^_^

Oh, most definitely. Problem is that thread's either on 4chan or GameFAQs.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#21 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:46 PM

i'm gonna steer this topic back to nintendo.

classic nintendo games that i'm sure are necessary for one's own survival: demon sword, caveman games, wizards & warriors, rambo, punch out, arkanoid, metroid, lifeforce & contra.

best franchise on any nintendo platform: castlevania.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#22 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:28 PM

I have a TEAM POWER pin for trade on my trade page from my original Nintendo Power subscription! Who really loves nintendo enough to wear a pin?

best game ever for oldschool nintendo castlevania 2.

QFT but corrected with specifics

Edited by OmegaTraf, 14 May 2009 - 04:30 PM.

#23 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:11 PM

i <3 Nintendo...

Favorite Nes game(s): Ghost n' Goblins, Super Mario 2 and 3, Metroid, Zelda, Contra and Punch-out
Favorite Super Nes game(s): ChronoTrigger, Super Punchout, Super Metroid, Zelda: Link to the past,
Favorite N64 games(s): Goldeneye, Zelda: Mask of Majora, Diddy Kong Racing and Perfect Dark
Favorite Gamecube game(s): Resident Evil: Reissued and 4, Zelda: Twilight Princess
Favorite Wii games(s): Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Boom Blocks, and Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

#24 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

I have a TEAM POWER pin for trade on my trade page from my original Nintendo Power subscription! Who really loves nintendo enough to wear a pin?

best game ever for oldschool nintendo castlevania 2.

QFT but corrected with specifics

I have that same pin. :good:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#25 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:45 AM

Caveman Games?

I never could figure out how to play that thing, and I actually BEAT American Gladiators, a similar game.

Played American Gladiators about six months ago on Nestopia. How in the WORLD I managed to beat it I have NO IDEA. Even with rewind you'd get into situations that were no-win.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com