#1 Ramses

Ramses

Walking the path of heaven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 10:02 PM

http://www.the-magic...me041005a.shtml

yeah, Nintendo is developing a fighting game based on the magazine's characters. Already known fighters/No brainers are:

Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto
Goku from Dragon Ball
Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece

well, from the set up alone, this game should be be very cool. The thing that conserns me is who's else is going to be in it? we all have to agriee, Kinnikuman Suguru or Mantaro should get a shot in the game, but who else should be in it? for me, they would be...

Seiya from Saint Seiya (Knights of the Zodiac)
Jotaro Kujo from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Part 3)
Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach

yeah. Thats about right. well, more info should be released on the October 20th edition of the japanese Shonen Jump magazine.

Till then, keep your fingers crossed.

#2 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:22 AM

They could include Yoh Asakura with Amidamaru from Shaman King, and maybe Buster Blader or even the Black Luster Soldier from Yu-Gi-Oh!
"Bonjour! Monsieur Cheeks here, with the Chojin Crown News du Jour! ... So, without further ado, LET'S GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!" -- Monsieur Cheeks.

#3 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:40 AM

This sounds like a pretty sweet game. I agree that Seiya is a no-brainer. Yoh will probably be in it since Shaman King is pretty big. I would think that Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho would be in this game. Personally, I hope somebody from Yu-Gi-Oh makes it into the game so I can kick the crap out of that character.

#4 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 12 October 2004 - 01:19 PM

As a jump fan ever since last year, I'm willing to get that game! Son Goku sounds good, One Piece I'm getting in to, but of course would they add more than the main characters? Let's hope for Kinnikuman! Any chances for Yu-Gi-Oh and Dr. Slump? :wacko:

#5 Kin

Kin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 08:13 PM

Hmm, now they are just adding characters from the series already announced. If this game doesnt include Jotaro, Suguru and Kenshin, it doesnt deserve the "Jump Super Stars" name.

#6 Ramses

Ramses

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:00 PM

well, more characters have beeen made mention, most notetebly Roronoa Zoro from One Piece, Gohan from DB and Sauske from Naruto. Im really starting to suspect this game will be a pure DB/Naruto/One Piece game more then anything, if thats the case, im not really getting it or even bothering hyping it.

#7 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:44 AM

Of course, main characters from all series only can be boring! Let's wait and see! And Vegeta from Dragonball is announced too!

#8 Imp

Imp

Cranky Gorillaz Gal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 06:50 AM

I would seriously doubt that they would stick a YuGiOh character in there. For one thing, all the fighting in that cartoon is done with cards and unless they have a mode where the character's cards comes to life, it's not gonna happen.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congratulations! Taxes, titles, licenses, and fees, not included.

My Live Journal. Because obviously you need to know how my day went. How's yours?

#9 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:41 AM

You had me at Monkey D. Luffy! Seriously... It'd be great to see Kinnikuman in there... at least 2nd generation... at least mentioned in passing... orsomething....
Posted Image

#10 Ramses

Ramses

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 03:28 AM

let's hit the old "who's in the game" topic again shall we?

we where last left off with these characters in the list:

Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto
Goku from Dragon Ball
Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece
Roronoa Zoro from One Piece
Gohan from Dragon Ball
Vegeta from Dragon Ball
Sauske from Naruto

now for the new characters anounced during the time between this update till now:

Sanji from One Piece
Nami from One Piece
Nico Robin from One Piece
Rock Lee from Naruto
Sakura from Naruto
Yoh Asura from Shaman King
Bo-bobobo from Bo-bobobo Bobobo-Bo
Don Pachi from Bo-bobobo Bobobo-Bo
Sena from Eyesheild 21
Aya from Ichigo 100%
Ryuuku from Death Note
Raito Yagami from Death Note

also, the game's system was anounced, as it seems that it works on a fighting game format with a card system to give you added abilites in mid battle. Also, the characters all have somesort of item that give your characters special abilites, like Zenzu beans that give your character a 2nd wind in battle and other stuff, whats also intresting to note is that this game has break-away walls and what not, so it adds more to the psychie of the game, only way to go is up, so there's no such thing as ring outs. Still, no date has been set in Japan, keep glued here for more as it comes. Something tells me, just with the addition of Bo-Bobobo, we can see some crazy things happend, so dont rule the posibity of Kinnikuman just yet.

It's intresting to see that 4 non-tradutional fighting characters are in the game, mainly Sena, a Football player from a Sports manga, Aya, a very beutiful high school girl from a ROMANCE manga and Ryuuku and Ratio, both from a very controversial series about the supernatual, so I would not be suprised if more non-tradtional characters from non-traditonal series come in, like Arale from Dr. Stump or Tsubasa from Captain Tsubasa.

Edited by Ramses, 21 March 2005 - 03:37 AM.

#11 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 08:11 AM

You also forgot Tony Tony Chopper from One Piece, and a few from Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. But I'm still waiting for the possibilities of Kinnikuman (and anything Yu-Gi-Oh! to make my day).

#12 Ramses

Ramses

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:25 AM

alrighty! the game has a date and it's set for August 8th in Japan. let's run down who we have and give what could be the final run down of who's who:

DRAGON BALL Z
Son Goku (playable)
Vegeta (playable)
Gohan (playable)
Piccolo (playable)
Kuririn (Support)

SHAMAN KING
Yoh Asakura (playable)
Anna Kyoyama (playable)
Hao & S.O.F. (Support)

HIKARU NO GO
Hikaru Shindo & Fujiwara no Sai (Support)

BLACK CAT (all support)
Train Heartnet
Sven Vollfied

YU-GI-OH!
Yugi Motou (playable)

RUROUNI KENSHIN
Kenshin Himura (playable)
Sanosuke Sagara (Support)
Hajime Saito (Support)

BUSOU RENKIN
Kazuki Mutou (playable)
Tokiko Tsumura (?)

NARUTO
Naruto Uzumaki (playable)
Sasuke Uchiha (playable)
Sakura Haruno (playable)
Rock Lee (Support)
Neji Hyuuga (Support)
Hinata Hyuuga (Support)
Shikamaru Nara (Support)

EYESHIELD 21 (all support)
Sena Kobayakawa
Hiruma Youichi
Kurita Ryoukan

ONE PIECE
Monkey D. Luffy (playable)
Roronoa Zoro (playable)
Nami (playable)
Sanji (playable)
Nico Robin (playable)
Usopp (Support)
Tony Tony Chopper (Support)

BOBOBO-BO BO-BOBO
Bo-bobo (playable)
Don Pachi (playable)
Heppokomaru (Support)
Tokoro Tennosuke (Support)
Dengaku-Man (help)
Gyorai Girl (help)
Beauty (help)
Hatenkou (help)

DEATH NOTE (all support)
Light Yagami & Ryuuk
L

ICHIGO 100%
Aya Toujo (Support)

MR. FULLSWING
Saruno Amakuni (Support)

KOCHI KAME
Ryotsu Kankichi (playable)
Keiichi Nakagawa (Support)
Reiko Akimoto (Support)
Daijiro Ohara (Support)
Honda (Support)

PRINCE OF TENNIS (all support)
Ryoma Echizen
Shusuke Fuji
Kunimitsu Tezuka
Eiji Kikumaru
Takeshi Momoshiro
Shuichiro Oishi
Kaoru Kaidoh

GINTAMA
Gintoki Sakata (playable)
Kagura (Support)
Shinpachi (Support)

D.GRAY-MAN
Allen Walker (playable)

KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN!
Tsunayoshi Sawada (playable)
Reborn (Support)

Characters seen in site pics:

SLAM DUNK!:
Sakuragi Hanamichi

YU YU HAKUSHO
Kurama
Hiei

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE:
Jotaro Kujo

ICHIGO 100%
Tsukasa Nishino
Junpei Manaka
Yui
Satsuki

there's a whole mess of other characters also anounced and hidden, it's been confermed that Characters fron Bleach are confermed as hidden. Some that dont have a description (eather playable or asistant) are still questionable at the moment, so more info will be posted between now and August 8th when the game is officialy released

Edited by Ramses, 21 June 2005 - 01:33 AM.

#13 Slowhand

Slowhand

This is what Super Adventure Club actually believes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:01 AM

I don't have a DS yet, but this game sounds pretty sweet. It would be awesome if this came to the US. Maybe it'll happen because most of the series mentioned here are licensed by Viz. Hopefully there are Kinnikuman or Hajime no Ippo characters in the game as well. Suguru vs Takamura and Jotaro vs Mantaro would be the ****!

BTW, does anyone know if an American DS can play Japanese games?
Posted Image

#14 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:07 AM

I don't have a DS yet, but this game sounds pretty sweet. It would be awesome if this came to the US. Maybe it'll happen because most of the series mentioned here are licensed by Viz. Hopefully there are Kinnikuman or Hajime no Ippo characters in the game as well. Suguru vs Takamura and Jotaro vs Mantaro would be the ****!

BTW, does anyone know if an American DS can play Japanese games?

All Nintendo handheld consoles of any country have always been region free (for GBA and DS at least), so you can get it without worries!
Now I hope for Kinnikuman since all my other favourites are in!

#15 Slowhand

Slowhand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:45 AM

All Nintendo handheld consoles of any country have always been region free (for GBA and DS at least), so you can get it without worries!
Now I hope for Kinnikuman since all my other favourites are in!

Thanks! I knew about the Game Boys but I was unsure about the DS. Here's hoping they have Kinnikuman characters. They're way better than D.Gray-Man or Busou Renkin.
Posted Image

#16 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:35 PM

This is my opinion, but because Kinnikuman has been seen more in Weekly Playboy then Jump I think Kinnikuman won't appear in the game.

However, that's what I think. Kinnikuman would rock in this game.
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

#17 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:12 AM

This is my opinion, but because Kinnikuman has been seen more in Weekly Playboy then Jump I think Kinnikuman won't appear in the game.

However, that's what I think. Kinnikuman would rock in this game.

No, that's only Kinnikuman Nisei. The Original Kinnikuman was in Jump from 1979 till 86 or sometime around then. And there was Kinnikuman Nisei for the V-Jump, but I think that one stopped. It just might have a possibility.

#18 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:40 AM

Considering the list, and the fact I have no idea what half these guys are, it looks like it'll feature more New characters than Old. That is, I don't see any Saint Seiya or Dr. Slump type characters in that mix (things from that Era I know about).

In fact, the oldest series on that IS Dragon Ball Z, but that's pretty much a standby, isn't it?

So either, Kinnikuman could either be a hidden character, a background character, or just omitted from the entire thing alltogether.
Posted Image

#19 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:18 AM

Considering the list, and the fact I have no idea what half these guys are, it looks like it'll feature more New characters than Old. That is, I don't see any Saint Seiya or Dr. Slump type characters in that mix (things from that Era I know about).

In fact, the oldest series on that IS Dragon Ball Z, but that's pretty much a standby, isn't it?

So either, Kinnikuman could either be a hidden character, a background character, or just omitted from the entire thing alltogether.

Yu Yu Hakoshu and Slam Dunk are old series too (I think. Never read 'em before)and Rurouni Kenshin was during the '90s and most of the listed series are from 90's to present.

#20 Slowhand

Slowhand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:26 PM

Yu Yu Hakoshu and Slam Dunk are old series too (I think. Never read 'em before)and Rurouni Kenshin was during the '90s and most of the listed series are from 90's to present.

YYH and Slam Dunk are both from the 90's I believe.
Posted Image

#21 pfisteria

pfisteria

Sol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:52 PM

I believe YYH started in 1990 to be exact.
"If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."

#22 Ramses

Ramses

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:10 PM

acualy, you are wrong. Kochi Kame is the oldest starting in in 1979 and contuning today as we speek with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure a close second in 1983(ish)

#23 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:18 AM

acualy, you are wrong. Kochi Kame is the oldest starting in in 1979 and contuning today as we speek with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure a close second in 1983(ish)

Yeah, I forgot about Kochi Kame (another series I've never read too.)!

#24 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:34 AM

I DID say I have never heard about many of them.

Plus, those two are still going, right? So they aren't old in the sense of long since finished. I'm guessing they want more current stuff... either that, or they're just trying to ignore Kin since Both series of Nisie flopped. But then again, I have quite a lack of understanding on most of these.
Posted Image

#25 Skullduggery

Skullduggery

Original Prankster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 10:18 AM

If they can put all those characters from the soul-crushingly lame Prince of Tenis manga in the game they can certaintly put in King Muscle, at the very least! Also, there should be more people from Yu Yu Hakusho since, like DBZ, the manga is pretty much centered around fighting. And as long as I'm ranting, WHY IS SANOSUKE A SUPPORT CHARACTER!?! What's wrong with these people? Do they not know who he is? They make Yugi, who's only power is the ability to play cards well, a fighter, and Sanosuke, who is an actual martial artist and all-around bad-arse, is back-up? WTF!?!
Also, I think Nakano should be a support character, cuz that'd be hilarious.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com