16 replies to this topic

#1 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:01 AM

Hey guys, the question has come up more than a handful of times, so please allow me to clarify:

Reputation points amount to precisely nothing, on this board. It was meant to be a fun thing, but won't actually net you anything at all. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

#2 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:13 AM

I guess something can have personal meaning without it amounting to anything.... like a thumbs up, or a hug, or going to church. 

Edited by steverotters, 25 April 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#3 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

I was basing my whole life's worth on my reputation points. Now I will have to have a 1980's montage to find a new purpose...

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#4 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

I have already had this discussion with a member on here, so I knew this already; BUT I really had no idea until he explained it to me.  This post is very relevant to any and all new members that like me had no real clear definition of the purpose or significance of the points. Maybe there should be some sort of generic guide book pinned for new members or something? I know my biggest fear starting out was that I would offend someone on accident or not follow correct protocol with my posting. 

#5 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:26 AM

I guess BaltanII is proving this point by neg'ing every post on the thread?

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#6 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:29 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#7 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:46 AM

I mean, there are all kinds of new member guide help faq things all over the board, that get ignored. 

Besides people trying to bump their reputations, I have had to break up arguments over "This guy disliked my post"... Yeah? So what? 

If you are one who weren't aware before, I'm letting you know now, that the shit just doesn't matter. You don't get a special icon, you don't get special privileges, bupkiss. If somebody dislikes your post, suck it up folks. And feuding over post-negging is awfully high school girlish, so cut that shit out, too.

#8 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:48 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You fiend! I like the way your sick mind thinks

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

Negs! We've got negatives over here! See?

2jx2y3N.gif

#10 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

I mean, there are all kinds of new member guide help faq things all over the board, that get ignored. 

Besides people trying to bump their reputations, I have had to break up arguments over "This guy disliked my post"... Yeah? So what? 

If you are one who weren't aware before, I'm letting you know now, that the shit just doesn't matter. You don't get a special icon, you don't get special privileges, bupkiss. If somebody dislikes your post, suck it up folks. And feuding over post-negging is awfully high school girlish, so cut that shit out, too.

I actually did read through the FAQ section of this group right after joining, and it was very helpful. I never noticed any mention of the reputation points however. I had been educated on this facet before you started your post here, so I knew they were not as significant as I originally thought, but that was my point about how this is a good post for new members; Because I originally thought they were something important. I'm sure this thread will eventually get buried like so many before it, but maybe something could be added to the FAQ section for the future? Just a thought. I agree that it sounds like a tedious venture to have to moderate and break up arguments over this kind of thing...I appreciate you taking the time to draw attention to this! 

#11 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:47 AM

There's the FAQ, forum etiquette, the forum rules, blah blah blah. Admittedly, there is a lot to go through, and most of it winds up being ignored anyways. 

There's no penalty for having a low reputation, and no reward for having a high one. The only number like that that has any bearing, is your feedback. Nobody cares about post-count, nobody gives two shits about reputation points. Your feedback, though... That's the real thing to be concerned about people f**king with. 

Baltan negged practically every post in this thread, and hell, I think I am going to join in just for f**k's sake.

#12 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:50 AM

I feel like a fun gag, would be to neg every post made in this thread, just for the irony. 

I would neg this post if I could.

-1

#13 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

Basicly all ive read here i agree with but if people will start giving negs as easy as posvs every effer on the forum will have entirely -100 reputation hahaha haahaha... so lets go and make this most bad ass toy forum with everyone showing d-bags with a red bar next to their profile :D

And btw its really the feedback you dont eff up. Im guessing its rare but i got neg feedback here for being an eff face on some new dummies space...

#14 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:27 PM

If you are one who weren't aware before,

I am "negging" you based on grammar!
Hahahahaha!

Go ahead,
"Neg" me back, I dare you!

#15 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:31 PM

If you have seen my art.

quote-my-reputation-grows-with-every-fai

#16 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:16 AM

effing eff just posvd two posts cause im so used to the upvote button instead of downvote...

Damn me hahahahaaa this should be called "the negatition points" -thread where you can downvote all posts here

#17 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

If I get bored at work this week, I will be begging every post on this forum!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com