231 replies to this topic

#101 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:43 AM

Remember this is all old drawings. So they suck.

steady on! no way do they suck! :devil:

Your old pics are great it just that the new ones are amazing so you can see the difference. It's good to see how your technique has improved over time :cry:

keep em coming - old and new!

Posted Image

#102 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:52 AM

First is 3 old Buffalomen.

just out of interest, is the first buffaloman in the jacket a new pic and the other 2 old? it's just it looks a lot more like your new ones (and the best pic out of the three) - maybe it's just because that's my favourite buffaloman MUSCLE sculpt that I'm thinking that way!!! either way, thanks for posting it, great stuff

Posted Image

#103 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:44 AM

Thanks for the great compliments! I always look forward to reading any responses to my art. It was mentioned that the fist Buffaloman was reminiscent of the jocks in old movies like 16 Candles and the Breakfast Club. It's scary to think films from the 80's are now considered "Old Movies." We have a "oldies" radio station here that just plays music from the 80's. I swear it wasn't that long ago. Anyway that first Buffaloman was done probably a year after the other 2, after I changed my inking style. Good eye! Did anyone notice the difference between my 2 Ahuramen, besides their color? You know I was really excited about drawing the characters you guys requested and then I got stung in the hand by a bee at work. I process honey. Anyway my hand is swolen up just a giant red baloon and I can't hold a pencil. The swelling will go down in a day or two so for now I'll have to give you guys some more old pictures. This first one is of Oilman, PC Man and Bangbangzy. I couldn't find any color reference so I had to make them up.

#104 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:47 AM

And here are some more that I had no color reference for. Paper Mummy, Woodsman and Shiek.

#105 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:44 AM

Here's a few more that I guessed on the colors. 2 Foxmen and Gun Satan.

#106 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:34 AM

And here are some more made up colors. If anyone has the actual colors of any of these guys, post them and I will recolor them. Thanks. Hidoraking, Puyopuyo and Magnitude 1 Man. I'm leaving for work now.

Edited by kevinmayle, 12 November 2005 - 05:52 AM.

#107 Jaeger gal

Jaeger gal

" Live & Let Live "

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Anime, video games, movies, and writing fan fictions.

Posted 11 November 2005 - 04:56 AM

Puyopuyo looks so cute. I see everybody is wanting a drawing from you, who couldent want one, your drawings are awsome. You should draw a made up one and send it Yudetamago so he could put it in Volume 10 in Ultimate Muscle.
I promised mom and dad,the moment before they died...that I would join the justice federation...and use my powers for the world,for the people...
Jeager in volume 7

#108 Skullduggery

Skullduggery

Original Prankster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 10:54 AM

These drawings are all amazing! I think you've got yourself a new job; whether you want it or not B)

Edited by Skullduggery, 11 November 2005 - 11:01 AM.

#109 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:I like: Gazelleman, Buffaloman, Transformers, harlequins, Marvel comics, Joker, Watchmen, guro, music, drawing, hacky-sack, Nidoking, mechs in general, warm blankets, Coca Cola, AVP, Godzilla movies, Gamera movies, rendering artwork, cosplaying<br /><br />I hate: yaoi, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, rap/hip-hop, Future Trunks, baked beans, Mudkips, Hanna Montana, Twilight, lots of other things..<br /><br />Got a problem? Too bad. Run along now.

Posted 11 November 2005 - 02:45 PM

I see a man surrounded with dollar signs...
Posted Image

AND THE MAN IN THE BACK SAID EVERYONE ATTACK AND IT TURNED INTO A BALLROOM BLITZ!

#110 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:19 PM

You guys are great! Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad to say my hand is healed and I'll be posting newly drawn characters all weekend. I'm going to do all the ones you want to see. I'll be back soon with the first batch.

#111 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:I like: Gazelleman, Buffaloman, Transformers, harlequins, Marvel comics, Joker, Watchmen, guro, music, drawing, hacky-sack, Nidoking, mechs in general, warm blankets, Coca Cola, AVP, Godzilla movies, Gamera movies, rendering artwork, cosplaying<br /><br />I hate: yaoi, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, rap/hip-hop, Future Trunks, baked beans, Mudkips, Hanna Montana, Twilight, lots of other things..<br /><br />Got a problem? Too bad. Run along now.

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:56 PM

Yay! *jumps up and down and hugs you* B)
Posted Image

AND THE MAN IN THE BACK SAID EVERYONE ATTACK AND IT TURNED INTO A BALLROOM BLITZ!

#112 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:49 PM

First up is Ramenman.

#113 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:00 PM

And a couple more Ramenmen.

#114 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:10 PM

And another Ramenman.

#115 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:15 PM

And the last Ramenman.

#116 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:52 PM

Sweet!

#117 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 10:35 PM

The second Ramenman looked evil and demennted... SICK STUFF! WH00T!
Posted Image

#118 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 10:48 PM

Out of curiosity, do any of you think these look better uncolored? I do.

#119 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 10:53 PM

Dude... they look better even in black and white! Color gives you the idea on whether or not he's wearing pink. But black and white is classic. ;)
Posted Image

#120 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:00 PM

Yeah, you know, I was pretty pleased with how these came out until I saw them colored. Then I thought they looked like crap. Thanks for the reply.

#121 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:01 AM

Your welcome. ;)
Posted Image

#122 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:33 AM

Huzzah! Ramenman! ;)

#123 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:55 AM

Out of curiosity, do any of you think these look better uncolored? I do.

I love the black and white ones, I think it depends on the picture which is better. The one of him just looking down is probably better in b&w as it doesn't need colour (yes, I know how to spell but I'm English!). Whereas the one with the dragon on the chest comes to life in colour and really picks out the detail of the costume, in b&w the dragon is almost lost.

either way - GOOD STUFF!

Edited by matthewf1tz, 12 November 2005 - 04:51 AM.

Posted Image

#124 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 05:29 AM

Here's Mongolman.

#125 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 05:43 AM

Here are a couple versions in color. Though they seem to work in color, I'm just not pleased with the drawing itself.

Edited by kevinmayle, 12 November 2005 - 05:54 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com