#1 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:59 PM

I was over at F-gang.net looking for some kinkeshi, and came across a set of Zelda Keshi - I have never seen these before and was wondering if anyone knew anything about them (when they were released etc).

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:11 PM

Very cool,I freakin love them.
The Claw looking one is my favorite.

I would like to see a close-up shot of it.;)

Edited by meatcutta78, 15 April 2008 - 03:12 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:13 PM

They are kewl. I always get a few when I buy random lots of keshi from Japan.

My guess is that they were out when the NES (famicon) was out, when we were wittle tiddies.

#4 Black Hole Sunshine

Black Hole Sunshine

Half man, half PVC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:80's toylines (M.U.S.C.L.E., M.A.S.K., MOTU, Madballs, Spinjas, Battle Beasts), Pokemon, vintage video games, NES, working out, playing music....

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:23 PM

Those are sweet! I've got a Super Mario one myself, and I've seen a few others as well.
I research M.U.S.C.L.E.!!! Help me out!!!!

#5 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:39 PM

I think these are based off of A Link to the Past. The mini booklet should have a date on it.

Posted Image

#6 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:30 PM

After doing some more searching, I found a retail site that says they were released in '86.

www.recism.com

There are also some more close up images.
Posted Image

#7 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:23 PM

I think these are based off of A Link to the Past. The mini booklet should have a date on it.

The artwork on the booklet is too old for that game, they're most likely from the original Legend of Zelda. Plus there's a raft and a ladder down in the bottom left, those items were both phased out after the original. Also, i would buy some of these from anyone who has 'em. Shoot me a PM. :M:
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#8 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:13 PM

Jkaris and Scumdogg were right - I found a listing on Yahoo Auctions with a booklet that is clear enough to read - it says "ゼルダの伝説" or Legend of Zelda (no references to later versions of the game).

http://page4.auction...ction/d84220083

Also note the little game piece scratch offs - wonder what you could win?
Posted Image

#9 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:23 PM

The artwork on the booklet is too old for that game, they're most likely from the original Legend of Zelda. Plus there's a raft and a ladder down in the bottom left, those items were both phased out after the original. Also, i would buy some of these from anyone who has 'em. Shoot me a PM. :woot:

Oh Yeah! Sorry guys! I was trying to figure out what those were. :D

Posted Image

#10 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:09 PM

[/quote]
Oh Yeah! Sorry guys! I was trying to figure out what those were. :woot:
[/quote]

Me too man - kind of funny when they turn 8-bit two dimensional game characters into three dimensional figures - I think a bit gets lost in translation - some of them look great and others looks kind of wacky.
Posted Image

#11 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:57 PM

The mage, Zora head, and hand really threw me off too. It's been at least 8 years since I last plugged in my NES zelda game, so I don't remember those things being in that one.

Posted Image

#12 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:20 AM

There's a hand for 400 yen... that's what? $4?

Might be great for Doc's collection-- Alternate toyline keshi hands.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#13 Sulfer

Sulfer

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

released in 1985-1986, these little guys all come in various colors... i have been trying to get the whole set myself... hard to come by. they had a box and paper insert. they also have little cards with pictures of scenes from the first zelda game ( i will post an update on that when mine come in the mail i didnt know about these cardboard like scenes till recently). they are called Keshi figures sometimes people spell them Keishi. I also have glow in the dark ones, tho i have NEVER seen them again so i dont know anything about them except they are not common or were bootlegs. If they are fakes, they are very good ones. there are a set of fakes o n ebay right now for a grand. they look good, but the orig figures did not have seams on them. the ones i seen on ebay do. i asked the guy about them and he responds but wont tell me how he obtained them so i am pretty sure they are fakes. i know a lot about these figures. what does anyone want to know. there are 42 total i believe. i would have to count. i could write a list if anyone asks me to. just ask me what you want to know i have researched these for a long time and there is little info on the net about them.
they are not from link to the past as someone has said in another post. they are from the orig legend of zelda game from japan and these were made there as well. iim going to do a video on these soon on one of my channels on youtube i just started. the YouTube handle name is PHIL MARTINO. i have other videos up now of some custom stuff and the Zelda Box. ill check back to see if anyone has specific questions or wants a list... oh these sets, there are two. set A and set B, contain figures from the game as well as items, like the rod, book and even a rock. there is a fairy, couple links, zelda, gannon and list goes on.
thank you,
Phil

#14 Sulfer

Sulfer

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

oh the picture is of set a by the way and you can see the rock also has a bomb attached to it... many came with attachments. one of the links came with triforce. its rare to find them still attached. i am awaiting mine with the triforce in mail... and yes, these are great figures. my personal favorite.

#15 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

released in 1985-1986, these little guys all come in various colors... i have been trying to get the whole set myself... hard to come by. they had a box and paper insert. they also have little cards with pictures of scenes from the first zelda game ( i will post an update on that when mine come in the mail i didnt know about these cardboard like scenes till recently). they are called Keshi figures sometimes people spell them Keishi. I also have glow in the dark ones, tho i have NEVER seen them again so i dont know anything about them except they are not common or were bootlegs. If they are fakes, they are very good ones. there are a set of fakes o n ebay right now for a grand. they look good, but the orig figures did not have seams on them. the ones i seen on ebay do. i asked the guy about them and he responds but wont tell me how he obtained them so i am pretty sure they are fakes. i know a lot about these figures. what does anyone want to know. there are 42 total i believe. i would have to count. i could write a list if anyone asks me to. just ask me what you want to know i have researched these for a long time and there is little info on the net about them.
they are not from link to the past as someone has said in another post. they are from the orig legend of zelda game from japan and these were made there as well. iim going to do a video on these soon on one of my channels on youtube i just started. the YouTube handle name is PHIL MARTINO. i have other videos up now of some custom stuff and the Zelda Box. ill check back to see if anyone has specific questions or wants a list... oh these sets, there are two. set A and set B, contain figures from the game as well as items, like the rod, book and even a rock. there is a fairy, couple links, zelda, gannon and list goes on.
thank you,
Phil

Haha, we all know keshi and most of us collect japanese keshi lines. These were released in Japan only, along with many other nintendo keshi lines. I have quite a few, trying for a full set. I think Toxoviper has a complete set already.

here is a pic of the second series
Posted Image

You can go here to a Nintendo Keshi Thread that has more pics of other lines...
http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32456

#16 Sulfer

Sulfer

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:56 AM

Haha, we all know keshi and most of us collect japanese keshi lines. These were released in Japan only, along with many other nintendo keshi lines. I have quite a few, trying for a full set. I think Toxoviper has a complete set already.

here is a pic of the second series
Posted Image

You can go here to a Nintendo Keshi Thread that has more pics of other lines...
http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32456

IF you would actually have read others posts, you would see that no one really knew much about this so i was informing. glad you could help, thanks.

#17 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

Considering that this thread was started OVER FOUR YEARS AGO, it is safe to say that we have learned a considerable bit more about these since then.

Complete information on the line can be found in the Famicom Keshi issue of コンプREX:

http://www.mandarake...ex/2/index.html

This came out a few years ago.
Posted Image

#18 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

haha yeah, IF you noticed the last post was "17 April 2008" you might understand why we already know so much about many things Keshi. but all that aside, we'd all love to see your figures. Im waiting on a handful right now. should be able to finish my two sets soon.

#19 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

Phil,
Is this Zelda the only line you collect ?

Post images of your glow in the dark.

#20 Sulfer

Sulfer

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Phil,
Is this Zelda the only line you collect ?

Post images of your glow in the dark.

no i have TONS, go on youtube, and there is a video of some of my collection. my handle is AUTUMNASH81. i have more keshi zeldas now than in video but you can see a lot of what i have...the video title is SOME OF MY ZELDA COLLECTION youll see how much i have. i collect all kinds of things. while watching the video look around in the rooms. youll think its crazy, trust me. ill take some photos annd post here soon too... i cant find much info about the glow in dark ones. one is real cool of ganon holding link. actually, if you go to my youtube account, go to my subscriptions, click on PHIL MARTINO, thats my other channel. there is a video there that is up to date with all mykeishi figures(except for three on their way) and the glow in dark ones. its labled zelda keshi... let me know what ya think
and ya, i didnt notice how old these posts where. haha. oh well, some people still come on here for info and none of it was up to date, so i figured for future ppl i would write correct info.
but to name very few i collect, mcfarlane, sideshow, neca, living dead dolls (only specific ones), mario, nintendo stuff, sonic, pac man, dominos noids, smurfs, tmnt, cucos (i love that collection), lemax spookytown, uh.... christ, i have so much... lost, biff bag pow, cult classics, movie maniacs, list goes on man... my PHIL MARTINO channel will have reviews of much of my stuff i just started it cause someone saw my zelda video (actually i got the same kind of message from peoplle cause of that video) asking me to review all of what i have. tho i have way to much to do so... all the boxes in the videoare filled with figures and what not... i collect everything ghat i like. i even collect DVDs, have over 3000 movies last count about a year and a half ago.
ill check back for your reply. hope you can check out video.
oh ya, nirvana stuff... i have over 127 bootlegs, all the DVDs i can get including very rare bootleg DVDs, vinyl, shirts (most the shirts i didnt have to buy i had them from when Nirvana was around. they sell for like 250 on ebay, thats NUTS. i would NEVER pay that for a shirt... but i do love nirvana... thought id note that. anything cobain and nirvana i have. i also collect books too... like i said, just about everythng. halloween (the holiday but also the movie) stuff. i love halloween... scary shit basically and pumpkins. dont know, it reminds me of my childhood... same as zelda. two big things in my life... three actually including nirvana... collect guitars... have many including a 62 jaguar. i love it. 69 mustang. those are notable. i have the jag stang jjust bought both the cobain issued mustang and jaguar as well... 2 of the jags, the sunburst and the one that looks like the one he had in the teen spirit video. it plays great. i dot know if you play....
well... youll see in video.

Edited by Sulfer, 15 August 2012 - 08:03 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com