• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

Showcase #26: Kinnikuman Amada Kinkeshi/Amada Daishi

A couple of weeks ago on the boards I noticed the Amada Kinkeshi brought up and it peaked my interest. Yet another collection/set I was not aware of! It sort of lead me through the "rabbit hole" (hahaha). I acquired some when I bought lots of Deka and sold them (I regret that now!); I try to collect one piece/collection at a time.

Amada is a company name that had a license to the Kinnikuman characters. They are smaller than regular Kinkeshi (but not always) and the gashapon price was for 20 yen!!!

Already a discussion topic in 2011 here at LRG: http://www.littlerub...showtopic=37951

If you check out the famous first issue of REX Magazine 2008 they talk about the Amada Kinkeshi and give it a spread of 6 pages. According to the magazine it had 10 parts total (so 100 figures total but a ton more if you count the color variations).

These Keshi pop up in the wild quite often and as I understand it they are officially licensed. Often they are wrongly referred to as Bootleg and in one Japanese site I even read that this is where the "Train Man" Kinkeshi came from (I guess that would mean the other rare Kinkeshi are also Amada?).

I own 2 Daishi (one with the Kinkeshi and one without) but I wonder why Part "7" is the only part I find information for online (especially images).

I have yet to find a complete checklist online or even how to tell which are Amada/distinguishable traits (some you can tell by the rubber sculpts and something I call peeling around the mold). But often I confuse them with Poppy Kinkeshi...

Japanese Link: http://blog.livedoor...1026582196.html

Japanese Link: http://www.din.or.jp.../kin_amada.html

If anyone has better information please post it here or if anyone has any Amada Daishi let me know!

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 25 September 2017 - 01:20 AM.

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:11 AM

Some recent Amada acquisitions (70 total) but its frustrating because even if marked on the back; its often difficult to tell if the sculpt is not a bootleg (unless it's completely unmarked but even then some bootlegs have the YSNT marking too).

I have not seen a complete checklist for these anywhere online besides a few pictures. But nothing complete; I have seen the sculpts in the standard Flesh, Green, Blue, Yellow, & Red colors but also some in Pink!

I put them each in an individual bag and vending machine capsule; I used the two Daishis I already owned and two old gumball machines (flea market finds) and for now that's were they will be stored.

Attached Files

#3 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:14 AM

"Party Time" Kinnikuman! You might recognize the suit from the ending credits of the anime :)

Attached Files

#4 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:19 AM

An interesting Neptune Man sculpt; I once saw this sculpt (the pink one) in a lot on yahoojapan and the Japanese seller described it as "rare" but I don't know for sure since I know so little about the Amada line (I know the VTR and Mammoth Man sculpts etc are premium Keshi; I saw the thinner & smaller VTR sculpt for sale during my last Japan trip for a pretty penny)

Attached Files

• Attached File  4.jpg   68K   0 downloads

#5 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:23 AM

Some more Kinnikuman sculpts (even with a championship belt)

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   71.92K   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   72.26K   0 downloads

#6 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:30 AM

Some cool Kinkotsuman sculpts along with other Kinkeshi and another Kinnikuman sculpt (wearing a Spartan skirt of sorts)

Attached Files

#7 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:36 AM

Some more and overview!

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   84.21K   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   80.26K   0 downloads

#8 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:45 AM

Here I have some Yellow & Flesh sculpts that I am not sure about (in terms of being bootleg or not).

Attached Files

• Attached File  4.jpg   79.8K   0 downloads
  • Attached File  5.jpg   82.39K   0 downloads
  • Attached File  6.jpg   126.85K   0 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 25 September 2017 - 01:46 AM.

#9 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

These have the same markings as Poppy keshi which makes it more difficult to figure out. I have 100+ sculpts with that marking but cannot tell the two lines apart..

www.instagram.com/sydot_toys

#10 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Keshi Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8977 posts
  • Interests:Customs and Collecting

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

I just call these all mini kinkeshi, or popy minis. They are almost always mixed together in lots.

Amanda released regular sized figures as well that I actually call Amanda kinkeshi, since they look like they are part of the original 418 set but are unique.

#11 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:31 PM

http://www.littlerub...c=227423&page=2

I wanted to link this thread in hopes that progress on the checklist can progress

www.instagram.com/sydot_toys

#12 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:40 PM

I just call these all mini kinkeshi, or popy minis. They are almost always mixed together in lots.

Amanda released regular sized figures as well that I actually call Amanda kinkeshi, since they look like they are part of the original 418 set but are unique.

You mean sculpts like these right? I also have the Puyo sculpt as well which is bigger than the other vintage release.

Where do the 16 Wanted Supermen fall into (Trainmman, VTR & Mammoth Man etc)?

Are they also Amada or just bootlegs?

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 29 September 2017 - 10:42 PM.

#13 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Keshi Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8977 posts
  • Interests:Customs and Collecting

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:56 AM

Not sure who made the contest winning super rares, most likely Amada, but could be another outside party.

This is the Amada set I was talking about.

http://kinkesisamura...ti/35senti.html

Edited by Ericnilla, 30 September 2017 - 03:56 AM.

#14 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:24 AM

Thank you for posting the link again (I had it saved at some point and lost it). I have 2 Japanese "Go-To" websites when it comes to checklists etc (I hope they never get taken down since both have not been updated in quite some time).

Random but I have at least 12 of the 19 in Flesh from the link (I acquired them in a bag of mixed Kinkeshi in Japan); I was wondering if they were Amada since they are 3.5 cm etc.

Question Answered!

Copyright © 2017 LittleRubberGuys.com