• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:21 PM

Showcase #28: Kinnikuman Gashapon Machine

This is one of my favorite pieces from my collection and also a piece that emcompasses my love/madness for LRGs

As I start to narrow down on completing the last few vintage Kinkeshi /sets for my collection (besides all the new Kinkeshi that is coming out hahaha); I always I wanted to own a gashapon machine. Having gumball machines was ok but I wanted that extra “something” in my collection for display purposes. It was just a matter of time and finding it (I toyed with the idea of buying one in person and it would have probably been cheaper to do so but the logistics of travel was an issue).

The Part 21 Daishi was always on my “wanted list” but I could never find it (that’s a lie actually, I found it once but the bid went higher than I wanted to pay for a Daishi). So when I saw this Gashapon machine with that particular Daishi, I could not pass it by!

Fortunately my wife is very understanding of my hobby and collecting LRG’s is definitely a safer hobby than Pro Wrestling so she supports my habit and whims.

It’s not the cylinder/circular shaped original/first BANDAI BVM gashapon machines (you see the letters in the front and they are normally red) but I did see pictures from the 1980’s of some Kinnikuman Kinkeshi capsules used in those particular models (the model I bought which came in red, blue, yellow, brown or this type of green). The machine works fine and has its key and it came with original capsules and Kinkehsi (not from Part 21 though).

I had to immediately take the Kinkeshi out from the capsules but luckily no melting/damage to the Kinkeshi (slight damage to some capsules but the Kinkeshi tend to stay “unharmed” after long years of storage).

I bought these small baggies and I just reorganized them (putting the Kinkeshi individually in a baggie and then in the capsule; I have some for over a year in gumball machines and have yet to experience any problems storing them in this way but it’s an experiment and I will you keep you guys updated if any changes/melting occur).

I only want vintage Kinkeshi in there and I ended up putting my doubles in there (it’s not completely filled but if I bump into more vintage capsules I will fill the machine up).

For right now I don’t know how to display the thing or where to put it exactly. I just bought two IKEA Detolf glass cases so I can display my vintage Kinkeshi collection (so that will open up some space for the machine).

Any ideas?

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   121.73K   8 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   155.44K   15 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   178.78K   17 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 03 August 2017 - 07:38 AM.

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

Some before & after pics of what it had and how I reorganized the capsules (can't really tell the difference unless you notice some of the reissues that came with it and now have only vintage Kinkeshi)

Attached Files

• Attached File  4.jpg   137.23K   3 downloads
  • Attached File  5.jpg   141.87K   4 downloads
  • Attached File  6.jpg   78.98K   3 downloads
  • Attached File  7.jpg   122.93K   1 downloads

#3 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

Top view of the machine (also before & after)

Attached Files

#4 Rxchrisg

Rxchrisg

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

That is awesome.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com