ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM

Just came across this interesting documentary about the business of making plastic sample food models in Japan. I've seen this in some restaurants domestically in larger cities, but if you've ever been to Japan you'll know that it's quite common for restaurants to have these on display outside to entice customers to come in. I found the level of realism intriguing so it's cool to see how they do it. Especially impressed with the lettuce-making demonstration.  :)

Edited by bachamn, 22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#2 TanRnet

TanRnet

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Army Ants, The Real Ghostbusters, and most movies/music/games from the 80s.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:25 PM

Cool, the lettuce making was crazy.  I could sit and watch these being made all day.  Reminds of that "How's it Made" show.  The background music was great also.

#3 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:38 PM

LOL Those food samples are the main reason I survived in Japan the first weeks with food other than only Mac Donalds. Because they´re, in most of the cases, found in a display outside the restaurant I always took a picture of the dish I wanted and showed it to the waitress inside simply because I didn´t have a clue which plate it was on the Japanese menu and figuring out all the Kanji for that particular plate before going inside ain´t an option either when your hungry :) It brought a lot of smile to waitress´ faces but also a lot of great dishes!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#4 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hah thats an awesome idea might use it when i go somewhere where i dont speak the same language. :)

#5 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:59 PM

Hah thats an awesome idea might use it when i go somewhere where i dont speak the same language. :)

Like LRG?

#6 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:20 PM

This is amazing! I love how the fake food is made. Now I need to get to Japan to see these in person lol

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#7 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:21 PM

Indeed but it would take way too long to upload all the pics. Or it might just be that you and i have a communication error.

Edited by Jesse, 23 October 2014 - 01:27 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Japan, molding

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com