Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Marvel: handful of heroes in the june preview!

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#51 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:04 PM

I meant to say something about that... I wouldn't say that you're going to see Handful of Heroes appear on the shelves right away. I think it's going to take more time than you think, mainly because of the movie toylines that are hogging the spotlight, with two in particular (ROC looks ugly, by the way) by Hasbro. I've noticed, depending on the store, that lines without Transformers or GI Joe logos on them suffering for it. It doesn't surprise me that the online dealers or comic shops are getting them though. We'll see!

#52 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:02 PM

True, but it's been my experience, in my area at least, that these kinds of figures are tossed in the novelty section for some reason. :D We will see, who knows when, but we will see. I plan on calling them again this Wednesday to check.

Posted Image

#53 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:52 AM

saw these at the SDCC and they were labeled as not release yet. said fall 2009.

#54 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:22 AM

did you tell them they were full of shizznit and that people are selling them right now? :)

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#55 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:46 AM

You sure they wern't a second wave Eric? :)

Posted Image

#56 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:13 PM

http://www.toyark.co...ul-heroes-6386/

We got retail sighting!

#57 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:25 PM

it's funny reading the replies on that forum. clearly most of them have no lrg love. philistines.

#58 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:27 AM

Cool, good to know, we should be seeing them around here soon then. Wal-mart is much quicker about getting new stuff than anyone else it seems. I just hope Target gets them first...if they are $5.88 at Walmart maybe they will be $5.40 or something at Target. We will see. Surely in the price range I was hoping for. I think small kids will dig this line, it will give Adult collectors who are also parents an incentive to pick up a few packs so their kids don't get jealous when Daddy comes home with a bag full of Marvel Universe figures that Son can't play with. :)

Posted Image

#59 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

So i picked up four packs of these at Wal-Mart today. Slight buyer's remorse aside, they are pretty cool. Amazingly, every single figure i got is standing on a shelf right now with no balancing problems whatsoever. That's fairly miraculous, i think i'd have a hard time getting a similar sample of M.U.S.C.L.E.s to do the same.

The packs all seem pretty similar right now though. Despite my attempts to get diverse packs with as many characters as possible, i ended up with three each of Dr. Octopus and Beast, all in the same colors. So either there are rarity tiers and Beast and Dr. Octopus are the only commons, or we'll end up seeing case packouts like with the M.U.S.C.L.E. 4-packs. Also two of my "secret" figures were the exact same translucent Magneto figure i got in one of the other packs, bringing that figure to a total of three as well. So i don't think being in the "secret" compartment means anything at all.

A couple oddities i've noticed:

There is a nice big translucent Onslaught figure centered prominently on the back of the packaging for these. He's not on the checklist inside. A shame, he's one of the best looking ones.

Wal-Mart has these listed in their system as "Marvel PUNKZ". I have no idea why.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#60 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:56 AM

Well, If things go right I plan on making another run on Friday. Hopefully they will have some of these out by then. Were they $5.88 at your Walmart?

Posted Image

#61 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:23 AM

These guys are cool, I hope we get them in the UK.

I found a decent quality checklist online for anyone who's interested, attached it to this post:

Attached File  heroes_checklist.JPG   564.94K   31 downloads

[Edited: to correct the crappy image I somehow managed to upload ;)]

Edited by Strontium Dog, 19 August 2009 - 05:14 PM.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#62 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:47 PM

Well, If things go right I plan on making another run on Friday. Hopefully they will have some of these out by then. Were they $5.88 at your Walmart?

Yeah. I was holding out for their inevitable $4.99 Target appearance, but i couldn't resist.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#63 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:37 PM

Found a lot more of these today! We were at K-Mart this morning and they had about ten packs. I spotted a couple in particular that had very few repeats of what i already owned, and while i was kind of indecisive about how much money i should sink into 'em, the wife was nice enough to outright buy the two best packs for me. :( Got Abomination, Dr. Doom, Deadpool, War Machine, and some other good stuff.

Then on an unrelated mission we went back to the Wal-Mart where i first spotted 'em and they must have had two dozen packs or more. Four pegs, completely full. Way more than last time. Also way more diverse than last time. I don't know what to think about the case packouts now, nothing i saw today seemed nearly as repetitive as that first sighting.

I'm gonna have to start putting together a list of what i've picked up so far....already have 8 or 10 for trade/sale if anyone's interested. :p

EDIT: Went ahead and checked off the figures i have so far. Looks like i only need 11 more sculpts, assuming the Onslaught on the back of the pack is a dirty lie. So far the only figures i know for sure i haven't seen in a pack are Angel and Mandarin, i've been looking specifically for both of them and they'd be easy to spot.

Attached File  heroes_checklist_checked.jpg   569.53K   30 downloads

Edited by Scumdogg, 22 August 2009 - 10:49 PM.

A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#64 StalkingButler

StalkingButler

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:18 AM

I've been to walmart here twice this week. They are rearranging the toy sections and have stuff cleared out. They just haven't put the new stuff out yet (as of yesterday).

They have put out papers around the empty pegs designating what will be where, and I found a "hero's five pack" listing.

#65 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:36 AM

I've been to walmart here twice this week. They are rearranging the toy sections and have stuff cleared out. They just haven't put the new stuff out yet (as of yesterday).

They have put out papers around the empty pegs designating what will be where, and I found a "hero's five pack" listing.

That was likely something with DC..either Infinite Heroes or DCUC.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#66 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:53 AM

i saw one of those papers too. but they only had one out and it was dedicated to wwe crap. and, it was where all the marvel stuph was. damn you wwe!

#67 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:21 AM

Well, I haven't seen any of these anywhere, including comic shops. AU probably wont get them for months after you guys, if we get them at all.

I WANT THEM D:
I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#68 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:02 AM

i haven"t seen these anywhere. and i recently went to walmart and target i saw the new schematics and they are no where to be seen. sucks weirds

Edited by Ericnilla, 23 August 2009 - 12:27 PM.

#69 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:52 AM

Yeah, that is weird Eric. Usually California is one of the first places that start stocking stuff. I've been hoping to see these here, but havn't. I suspect by the time they show up they will be on sale or clearance for some reason. :D

Posted Image

#70 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

im really excited for these but its kind of a disappointment that the distribution is so scattered. i would of assumed CA would be first to get them too...

#71 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:43 PM

I've been holding off buying some at rip-off rates at Amazon and other online vendors hoping to score them at department stores for less than half the costs I've been seeing. I'm getting antsy though. Will these things turn out to not be as big of a toyline for Hasbro that we're all dreamining it will? Our KMart, Walmart, Target toy aisles are so decimated right now.

#72 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:13 PM

i haven"t seen these anywhere. and i recently went to walmart and target i saw the new schematics and they are no where to be seen. sucks weirds

Did you check for "Marvel Power Punkz"? That's what they were listed at on the planogram sheets at my Wal-Mart. Still says that on their peg tags and on the receipts too. :lol:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#73 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

That Deadpool figure shown in the link provided is fantastic. Hopefully ill come across these although i dont know if they have hit this side of the border yet.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#74 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:34 AM

I found them today! And Scum is right, they are listed as Punkz. Wonder why that is. :cheeks: I wonder if there is another Marvel line coming out called punkz and Walmart's product management confused the two. I hope not, cause if they show good sales for PUNKZ and no sales for Handful of Heroes, then the line would be killed! :D I could only afford to buy 3 packs, after I bought 4 of the new X-men Origins deluxe sets. :p

I only got 2 doubles, glitter Rhino, and Translucent Nightcrawler. These things are Great! I'm instantly addicted! I want more! First chance I get, I'm gonna ravage the stock. Only one Wal-mart had them, but they had like 30 packs and 4 pegs dedicated to them. :lol: They are very firm, but not Brick hard or anything. The colors are great, and the sculpting is just top notch for their size! I'm hoping a few of our painters here get a hold of these. I would really love to see some custom jobs on a few.

And the Hidden figure is 100% completely random. I like how they made it so you could peek inside the little box and try to guess who it is though! I can't imagine kids not liking these. If they are not a hit I will be way surprised.

I just can't believe the Hasbro team did this. They really put some great collecting elements into the packaging and variety. We have had plenty of LRG lines like Ultimate Muscle, FOP, the new MIMP series, and others who tried to recapture the success of some of the original LRG lines from our childhood, but none have been able to pull it off. Hasbro did something different, and yet captured the appeal of miniatures collecting. My biggest problem with Fistful of Power was that all but one figure were blind packed. :( Ultimate Muscles failure was in blind packing half the figures, yet all were the same per pack except the off chance of one of them being silver or something. The others usually attempted to just rehash old lines. Hasbro got a hold of a very popular and recognizable franchise, and shrunk it down. It's like magic! I really can't figure out how they did it. But it's great. I have them all in a pile right now, and I just want the pile to get bigger! :M: And as reported, they all stand perfectly! I posted a link to a youtube video of the Hasbro Panel at this years Con, where they were talking about this line. If anyone didn't look at it I recommend it. They really did make this line for us, and I believe, for the kids.

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 24 August 2009 - 11:34 AM.

Posted Image

#75 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:48 PM

yeah i checked for anything out of the ordinary... still nothing. weird.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com