• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

Is anyone here collecting the current series? 

Lots of great artwork. There is a whole baseball subtheme with 11 new baseball-related characters.  The chase cards are baseball-related: non-sticker rookie cards, mascot cards, and returning-character All-Star cards. 

There are also a lot of insect-related characters this time around.

Out of six bonus boxes, I pulled two autograph cards.  Pretty cool I think. 

Attached Files

#2 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

I randomly came across packs of these at the dollar tree; 4 cards/stickers per pack for a buck apiece. I don't know if this is a good price as I have not seen the regular packs available anywhere, but I went ahead and picked some up anyway. I'm pretty close to a full set of basic cards...I didn't get any special cards but I'm thinking they probably didn't put any in the 4 card packs at the dollar tree; haven't found any info online though to support this theory. I have not actively collected garbage pail kids, but I always liked them and I do have the recent topps minikins line of figures. I think I'm gonna get more cards.

#3 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:31 PM

You are correct, there are no parallel cards or chase cards or anything rare in the Dollar Tree packs.  You can get the complete set of 132 base cards on ebay for $12 with free shipping!  Even if you completed a full 132-card base set with Dollar Tree packs -- magically with no duplicates -- that would still cost you $33. 

The "Master Set" with the 132 card base set plus 10 rookie cards, 10 mascot cards, and 10 all-star cards is $60. 

BTW, if you are only looking to complete a base set you can probably just tell me what you need and I can probably hook you up.

Edited by steverotters, 14 April 2015 - 02:40 PM.

#4 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

Here is a write up and box-break: 

Sticking with recent history, 2015 Topps Garbage Pail Kids Series 1 has two different hobby configurations. The basic hobby, geared more at casual collectors and those wanting to focus primarily on the base set, has 24 packs of ten cards per box. Hobby Collector's Edition focuses more on inserts and exclusive cards. These have six cards per pack, more than half of which are parallels and inserts.

Combining the 66 'a' and 'b' names, the base set has 132 total cards. Among the new designs are 11 with a baseball theme. Each of these also has a rare 'c' variant name (1:100 packs).

There's no shortage of parallels, particularly in the Collector's Edition packs. They come in Black (1:2 basic hobby, 1:1 Collector's Edition), Canvase Texture (1:1 Collector's Edition), Metallic Red (1:1 Collector's Edition) Silver (1:24 basic hobby), Character Back (1:24 Collector's Edition), Sepia (1:24 Collector's Edition), Gold (85 copies per cards) and Printing Plates.

2015 Topps Garbage Pail Kids Series 1 has a handful of baseball-themed inserts to go with the base cards. All-Star Stickers (1:12) bring back classic characters and put them on the diamond. Mascot Stickers (1:6) spotlight the imaginary cheerleaders for each of the ten GPK squads. Baseball Cards (1:4) use the 1985 Topps Baseball design to create custom cards of both new and familiar faces. These also have variant versions based on 1952 Topps Baseball that are case hits in Collector's Edition boxes. Patch Relics, another Collector's Edition exclusive, have embroidered patches from the GPK teams. Each of these are limited to 90 copies.

Sketch Cards, Die-Cut Sketch Cards and Artist Autographs all return as premium inserts in 2015 Topps Garbage Pail Kids Series 1.

Product Configuration: Hobby - 24 packs per box, 10 cards per pack; Hobby Collector's Edition - 24 packs per box, 6 cards per pack
Price Point: Low-End Entertainment Card
Target Audience: Garbage Pail Kids Fans, Set Builders

2015 Topps Garbage Pail Kids Series 1 Hobby Box Break
•1 Hobby Bonus Sticker
•6 Baseball Card Inserts
•4 Mascots Inserts
•2 All-Star Stickers Inserts
•1 Silver Parallel
•12 Black Parallels
•240 Total Cards

2015 Topps Garbage Pail Kids Series 1 Hobby Collector's Edition Box Break
•1 Patch Relic, Sketch Card, Autograph or Printing Plate
•6 Baseball Card Inserts
•4 Mascots Inserts
•2 All-Star Stickers Inserts
•1 Bonus Sticker
•1 Character Back Parallel
•1 Sepia Parallel
•24 Black Parallels
•24 Metallic Red Parallels
•24 Canvas Texture Parallels
•144 Total Cards

#5 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

Aside from the $60 Master Set, it is worth taking a look at the bonus cards.  As in the previous years, the best parodies ended up in the hobby-bonus set. 

Retail bonus card set of 10 -- ebay value $20

Hobby bonus card set of 8 -- ebay value $150

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 14 April 2015 - 04:31 PM.

#6 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:19 PM

Two more things worth mentioning, both exclusive to the collector's cases:

Baseball team patches set of 10 -- ebay, $500

Actual baseball players autographs set of 4 -- ebay, $350

Attached Files

#7 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:38 PM

Wow that is extremely extensive. Thanks for all the info on them! Yeah I found that you could buy the base sets for cheap on ebay, thus negating my spending at the dollar tree. Ironically enough I didn't get one duplicate in any of the packs I got. I can make a list of the base cards I need to complete it...getting them from you would make far more sense than going back to the DT or buying a full set online when I'm already so close. I really just picked them up to check em out.  I will shoot you a pm once I know what I need. Thanks again for all the info and the offer!

#8 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:31 AM

I love that these really feel like a genuine continuation of the originals, as opposed to the first few series when GPK came back several years ago.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GPK, Topps, 2015, Garbage Pail Kids, baseball

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com