#1 pete

pete

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:56 PM

Treasure X identification coding system

For those of you collecting Treasure X figures, here's an identification coding system you might find useful. The list will show you the identification number for each figure (numbered on their feet) along with the treasure and coin number that corresponds to each figure. Another bit of useful info: before opening the inner wrapper, each figure has a code stamped on the gold wrapper. By looking at the 5th and 8th number you will be able to tell what's inside the wrapper before opening it. For example: the number on the wrapper is WS42028918, then the figure inside is Gold-Gills (see photo). The wrapper number also matches the number on the bottom of the chest inside. So each chest can also be paired with the right figure. Note: If the 5th number isn’t 0, 1 or 2 (like a 5 or 7) that means there’s a real gold treasure inside.

(I don’t know if this coding system applies to the gold figures in the 3 packs found at Target stores.)

A common question: How does it help me by knowing what’s inside the gold wrapper since I’ve already taken off the outer plastic wrap? There are several things you can do.

1. You can put the still wrapped brick back in the box, close it up nicely and put it in a Toys 4 Tots drop box. Or donate it to a Goodwill or Salvation Army store.
  2. If you have kids you can use them as party favors for the guests or even as gifts if your kid is going to a BD party.
  3. You could put the wrapped brick back in the box, re-shrink wrap it and take it back where you bought it for a refund. (I personally have never done that, and you didn’t hear this idea from me)

Box codes: To date there’s no way to tell exactly which figure is inside each box. However all of the boxes are stamped with a number on the lower backside just below the Moose Toys logo. The number will usually start with WS41 or WS42. The boxes that start with WS41 are only the first wave figures and do not contain the hard-to-find wave 2 figures.(16 figures in wave one and 8 in wave 2) The boxes that start with WS42 will have the harder to find wave 2 figures in them, but they also have wave 1 figures as well. When I come across a new case in the wild, I’ll sort the different numbered boxes. The specific numbers that are fewest will often have the wave 2 figures in them. The 8 figures that are underlined were only available in wave 2. (WS42)

Series 1 Figure Codes

1.Sir Goldaxe (Magic potion or gold goblet) coin #3
2. Lord Lootem (dragon claw or gold goblet) coin #3
3. King Goldcrown (ring of giants or gold goblet) coin #3
4. Captain Gold Eye (crystal eyeball or gold skull) coin #5
5. Admiral Goldhook (quartz dagger or gold skull) coin #5
6. Scurvy Goldbags (bronze dubloon or gold skull) coin #5
7. Gold-Diver (fishbones or gold compass) coin #7
8. Gold-Fin (shark tooth or gold compass) coin #7
9. Gold-Gills (giant pearl or gold compass) coin #7
10. Doctor Goldspell (crystal spear or gold idol) coin #1
11. Goldenspear (silver serpent or gold idol) coin #1
12. Chief Goldo (garnet mask or gold idol) coin #1
13. Master Goldsword (lantern or gold dragon) coin #4
14. Goldblade (Jade Cat or gold dragon) coin #4
15. Goldenstar (ming vase or gold dragon) coin #4
16. Rogue Goldsnatcher (bronze sovereigns or gold ingot) coin #6
17. Swipe Goldbar (silver timepiece or gold ingot) coin #6
18. Blingy the Kid (sack of coins or gold ingot) coin #6
19. Brutus Blingus (bronze horn or gold eagle) coin #8
20. Goldius Maximus (silver sandal or gold eagle) coin #8
21. Jewelius Caesar (horse head or gold eagle) coin #8
22. Jackal Goldstaff (silver scarab or gold pyramid) coin #2
23. Gold Curser (mummy hand or gold pyramid) coin #2
24. Pharoah Loot Loot (emperor’s skull or gold pyramid) coin #2

Any questions, feel free to let me know.

Attached Files

Edited by pete, 15 April 2019 - 07:50 AM.

#2 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:14 AM

I thought you had found something on the packaging. There's a big difference on having the codes in and out of the packaging. The point of outer codes is that we don't have to spend $10 just to find out that we don't need the figure after already buying it. 

#3 pete

pete

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:48 PM

I did find something on the outer packaging. The 1st series of TX figures came in two waves. The outer packaging has numbers that start with either WS41 or WS42. WS41 boxes only have wave one figures in them. WS42 will have the newer figures. Bottom line: don't buy WS41 boxes. It's not much, but it's better than a poke in the eye.

#4 Jcurv

Jcurv

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:31 PM

Thank u for this!

#5 pete

pete

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:12 PM

Here's the series 2 checklist/codes. The figures that are underlined and * are in wave 2.  The figures that have just *, are available in the 3 packs and wave 2. Each figure has a specific regular treasure, gold treasure and map that correspond with it.

Treasure X Hunters Checklist

1. Sliceberg –Ice Crystal/Gold Dragon Horn-map C3

2. Cool Bling*-Fang of Fortune/Gold Dragon Horn-map C3

3. Gold Shiver-Frozen Fish/Gold Dragon Horn-map C3

4. Rich Ravenger-Fallout Gauge/Gold Dragon’s Book-map C5

5. Plunder Punk*-skull wrench/Gold Dragon’s Book-map C5

6. Goldoom-Stink Bomb/Gold Dragon’s book-map C5

7. Slitherbling-Snake Scales/Gold Dragon’s Tongue-mapC7

8. Gold Venom-Snakeskin Boot/Gold Dragon’s Tongue-map C7

9. Gold Strike*-Snake Charmers Flute/Dragon’s Tongue-map C7

10. Shamon Shiny-Fossilized Fish/Gold Dragon Tooth-map C1

11. Gold Ugg-Mammoth Meat/Gold dragon tooth-map C1

12. Gold Thump*-mysterious egg/Gold Dragon tooth-map C1

13. Cybergold-Skull Gear/Gold Dragon’s Flame-mapC4

14. Blingbot*-bionic eye/Gold dragon’s Flame-map C4

15. Treasure Tech- Power Cell/Gold Dragon’s Flame-map C4

16. GoldenWolf-Bracelet of Strength/Chalice of Dragons-map C6

17. Erik Blingblade* -Hero’s Horn/Chalice of Dragons-map C6

18. Gold Thunder –Viking Ship/Chalice of Dragons-map C6

19. Treasure Orc*-Mini Goblin/Gold Dragon’s tail-map C8

20. Goldshot-Crystal Ball/Gold Dragon’s Tail-map C8

21. Gold Spell the Sorcerer-Magic Mirror/Gold Dragon’s Tail-map C8

22. Goldclops –Secret Potion/Gold Dragon’s Soul-map C2

23. Fortune Freak- Glow Poop/Gold Dragon’s Soul-map C2

24. Lootant Fist*-nuclear can/Gold Dragon’s Soul-map C2

Attached Files

Edited by pete, 15 April 2019 - 07:54 AM.

#6 gpete13

gpete13

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:40 AM

I just started trying to look for the codes. My 4 year old didn’t let it bring him down, but 3 legends box all the same. The one with Admiral Gold Hook and the golden king. So now we have 5 gold hooks. He really wants the mummy and to find the golden dragon. We keep trying with target price matching Best Buy’s $4.99 price.

#7 gpete13

gpete13

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:46 AM

Using just the outside box code, could I determine if these are anything?
WS425518
WS 426018
WS425618
WS426118

Edited by gpete13, 16 January 2019 - 08:54 AM.

#8 Jcurv

Jcurv

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:49 AM

OP Pete, which season 1 figures were part of Wave 2? (And how did u figure out season 2 so fast?!?)

GPete13....where are u located...I might have a new, unopened mummy “Gold-Curser”. (Shrinkwrap off outer box but that’s it) Should know by tonight.

#9 gpete13

gpete13

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:00 AM

In PA. I’m open to that idea. My son like the process of digging them out so a loose (out of sand) one wouldn’t be the same.

#10 Jcurv

Jcurv

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:40 PM

GPete- I’m on Long Island. I attached a pic of the block I have that according to codes is the mummy. My son opened the other one I had and it WAS the mummy so codes seem to be working. (OP Pete you’re a savior to mankind, or at least parents everywhere). The number of duplicates I got opening 12 boxes was astounding.

I’m happy to sell the mummy for $12 (box + sales tax) + shipping. Or you can send me a label to mail it if u prefer. If u want me to check if I have any others I would be happy to. In fact, I might have an unopened 3 pack chest with the Golden Dragon in it, but those codes seem to be different so it’s harder to tell. I think I have them figured out...I’m waiting for my son to open his third box to check my theory.

Actually, all those Admiral Goldhooks u have...could u confirm for me that the 8th digit of the code on the treasure chest they came with is always a 2, ur Goldius Maximus always a 3 and King Goldcrown always a 5?

And I agree with you, nothing better than the look on their face when they dig out the one they really wanted.
Attached File  1B1BB5AC-52F7-4389-A272-A17AD493911B.jpeg   94.68K   32 downloads

Edited by Jcurv, 16 January 2019 - 10:41 PM.

#11 gpete13

gpete13

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:56 AM

Well they all get mixed up so I don’t know which is which. We display them on a shelf or have them in a bin and they get taken down very often. This is all of them that came out of 3 of the legend box, all 3 was the same combo of gold hook, Maximus and gold crown. Sliver sandle, crystal dagger and golden goblet. I’d say we opened 20 and only got the gold from the legends box. I searched for the 5th number in a few stores by me and all had a 1 in the 5th spot, out of 3-4 cases.
We do have some more to open this weekend, with the pending snow storm we might have time. And hopefully he will show up.

On a a side note I make it a treasure hunt for my son and make maps for him to go around to look for the next map., and then finally the treasure x. Then I saw that Ryan on youtube did something similar, so my son loves it.

Attached Files

Edited by gpete13, 17 January 2019 - 06:57 AM.

#12 Jcurv

Jcurv

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:42 AM

You are amazing! Thank u for the image. If u look at all of your chests, u only have 2s, 3s, and 5s in the eighth digit, which lines up that you got the same 3pak (The golden goblet chest) 3 times. Your son really is a champ.

Based on the confirmation from your chests, I’m thinking that, in the chests for season 1, if the eighth digit is:

Box 1-Golden Dragon

0- Gold-Diver
1-Doctor Goldspell
6-Goldblade

Box 2- Golden Goblet

2-Admiral Goldhook
3-Goldius Maximus
5-King Goldcrown

Box 3- Golden Pyramid (Haven’t opened this one yet, but have one with these number combos-I’m guessing at the specific number distribution and will update once it is opened).

7-Pharoah Loot Loot
8-Rogue Goldsnatcher?
9-Lord Lootem?

4 was skipped.

Let me know what you’re thinking about the Mummy and stay safe in the snow. I think the activity you turn it into with your son is really cool.

Edited by Jcurv, 13 February 2019 - 10:33 PM.

#13 Jcurv

Jcurv

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:48 AM

To the Pete who shared the codes....I’m not sure if u saw my question about which figures in season 1 were Wave 2 only? I was just curious about the breakdown.

Thank u again for the insight u shared. It was invaluable.

#14 pete

pete

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:10 PM

Using just the outside box code, could I determine if these are anything?
WS425518
WS 426018
WS425618
WS426118

Unfortunately the outer box codes don't tell you much in series 1 except wave 1 and 2

#15 pete

pete

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:15 PM

To the Pete who shared the codes....I’m not sure if u saw my question about which figures in season 1 were Wave 2 only? I was just curious about the breakdown.

Thank u again for the insight u shared. It was invaluable.

I'm glad this info has been helpful. I took awhile (and a lot of fig buying) to compile them both. I edited the series 1 list above and underlined the 8 figures that are only available in wave 2 boxes (WS42)

OP Pete, which season 1 figures were part of Wave 2? (And how did u figure out season 2 so fast?!?)

GPete13....where are u located...I might have a new, unopened mummy “Gold-Curser”. (Shrinkwrap off outer box but that’s it) Should know by tonight.

I bought a case of series 2 figures. For the most part I think you can only find these at Target stores currently (most of my Walmarts still have a ton of series 1) There might be outer box codes coming for series 2. I think there's a pattern but haven't quite cracked it yet. The inner wrapper coding system used for series 1 also works on series 2.

Edited by pete, 18 January 2019 - 07:26 PM.

#16 Jcurv

Jcurv

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:31 PM

That’s super helpful. No wonder those season one guys are so hard to track down! Since you do have the experience of buying cases....have u noticed anything about the distribution of figures within a single case? (Large amounts of doubles, no doubles, same figure next to each other, sequential layout of figures, etc...?). When I find them in the store I’m always questioning whether I should pull all from the same case or mix it up. (Obviously people move things, but wondering best practice aside from that.)

#17 pete

pete

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:46 AM

That’s super helpful. No wonder those season one guys are so hard to track down! Since you do have the experience of buying cases....have u noticed anything about the distribution of figures within a single case? (Large amounts of doubles, no doubles, same figure next to each other, sequential layout of figures, etc...?). When I find them in the store I’m always questioning whether I should pull all from the same case or mix it up. (Obviously people move things, but wondering best practice aside from that.)

Another frustrating things is: even though you can only get wave 2 figures in the WS42 boxes, the wave 1 figures are also in those boxes too! I haven't noticed anything as far as distribution. It really varies from location to location. I might have 5 extra Rogue Goldsnatcher figures from bad luck in my area, but in other areas Admiral Goldhook might be the one you get too many of. I've sold off most of my duplicates on ebay. I'll price the figures low that I have a lot of. I'll research whose selling them and price mine lower than the rest. I figure it's better to get $5 for it, than to let it sit and gather dust. On the other hand, some of the commons go for good money. I think you can still get $15 for Goldblade on ebay. He's probably the most sought after wave 1 common figure.

#18 ericnbolton

ericnbolton

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

First, thank you for the information. I am embarrassed to say that I am a data analyst but I still am unsure of the coding system. It's also the evening right now and my mind is mush.

My son happens to have four unopened figures and I identified the one as being one figure and he just dug it out and it didn't match so obviously I am missing something.

The code is WS422269318. So "2" and "3" are my 5th and 8th digits.

First, thank you for the information. I am embarrassed to say that I am a data analyst but I still am unsure of the coding system. It's also the evening right now and my mind is mush.

My son happens to have four unopened figures and I identified the one as being one figure and he just dug it out and it didn't match so obviously I am missing something.

The code is WS422269318. So "2" and "3" are my 5th and 8th digits.

#19 ericnbolton

ericnbolton

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:22 PM

Sorry, my brain just became engaged. So my figure should be Gold Curser, right?

#20 pete

pete

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:52 PM

Sorry, my brain just became engaged. So my figure should be Gold Curser, right?

Technically it should be the 5th and 8th digit or letter placement. So if this number is correct WS422269318, then the number is 29 but there's only 24 figures so I'm wondering if you typed it right? Just guessing. In the two examples below. Wrapper number two: the 5th and 8th are 09, so that's Gold Gills. On wrapper three , the 5th and 8th are 15 so that would be Goldenstar.

Attached Files

#21 Jcurv

Jcurv

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:19 PM

What I would give to find those numbers on a wrapper. Outside of the chests I’ve never seen gold either. The search continues...

#22 gpete13

gpete13

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:29 PM

So if the 5th number is 0 we have a chance to one of the figures 01-09? You can see the 5th number on the pack, right? And then if it’s a 2, then 20-24?

Edited by gpete13, 23 January 2019 - 01:33 PM.

#23 pete

pete

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:29 PM

So if the 5th number is 0 we have a chance to one of the figures 01-09? You can see the 5th number on the pack, right? And then if it’s a 2, then 20-24?

That's correct. And if the 5th number isn't 0,1 or 2 (like 5 , 6 or 7) then it might be gold.

#24 Amoore

Amoore

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:58 PM

I am needing the gold compass from series 1 to complete the collection. Does anyone have one I can buy or know where I can get it?

#25 Jcurv

Jcurv

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:14 PM

From season one, if anyone has any of the Wave 2 Figures, Jackal Goldstaff, Brutus Blingus, or a figure with gold treasure, UNOPENED, please let me know. Would be willing to buy or trade.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com