#1 mulder2019

mulder2019

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:22 AM

Hi everyone,

I bought a set of OMFG series 2 figures from ebay. The seller wasn't sure what color they are, and I was hoping someone here could tell me. The attached photos show the toys in their sealed bag, and one photo includes the flesh set for color comparison.

The color is a light tan, and that has me thinking it is the Tan set sold by Warehouse 23 in 2014:
http://octobertoys.c...g-checklist.php

However, the sealed bag my set came in doesn't have a header card or any other identifying information.

So what do you guys think? And help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob

Attached Files

#2 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:02 PM

Looks like U of MUSCLE yellow to me.

#3 mulder2019

mulder2019

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:43 PM

Hi Baltan, thanks for the response! The UofM yellow was the other color I thought it could be. But isn't that yellow a much brighter and bolder color then the set in my photo? I only have the photos on October Toys' website to go by, so it's hard for me to tell.

#4 mulder2019

mulder2019

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:31 AM

The more I look into it, the more I think my set is not the U of M yellow set. See the attached photos - the set in the cardboard box is the U of M yellow set. The other is my set (next to a flesh set for color comparison). My set is far less bold and bright than the U of M set. 

Attached Files

#5 mulder2019

mulder2019

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:37 AM

But I also am questioning whether my set is the tan set sold by Warehouse 23. I found the attached photo in the following thread:

http://www.littlerub...oll#entry623062

You can see in that photo that the U of M yellow color is on the top row, all the way to the right. Two figures to the left of the yellow is what I believe to be the tan color sold by Warehouse 23. That color is again much more bold and bright than my set. 

But look just to left of that tan color, and there appears to be what is a lighter tan color. I am wondering if my set is the same color as that one.

In any event, that color doesn't appear to be listed among the 20 different colors for series 2 on October Toys' website. So I'm starting to think the list on October Toys' site is not complete, and there are more than 20 different colors out there.

Attached Files

Edited by mulder2019, 17 June 2019 - 05:51 AM.

#6 mulder2019

mulder2019

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:45 AM

In addition, the attached photo also shows a solid (not trans) red color just to the left of the U of M yellow on the top row. A solid red is also not listed on the October Toys website for series 2. So I'm thinking there definitely are more than 20 colors for series 2. 

Bigburty mentions the existence of a solid red color for series 1 in this post:

http://www.littlerub...oll#entry665867

And a bit of a ways down in that thread, dropKAG said he had a few sets, and attached two photos. I can't see his photos, but I can see the file name of one of them is "red_omfg_2.png".

So it really seems like there definitely is a solid red color out there for series 2, and that my light tan color might also be a distinct set. So that's at least 22 colors for series 2.

Attached Files

#7 mulder2019

mulder2019

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:49 AM

So by my count, there are at least 22 different colors for series 2. But SaltLakeToyJunkee indicates in this post that there may be even more:

http://www.littlerub...mfg#entry621064

He mentions the following colors for series 2 that do not appear in the list on October Toys' website:

NYCC Yellow
NYCC Blue

Bait Clear Purple

Blood Rage Red

So how many different colors were actually released for series 2? I'm not sure I can trust October Toys' list to be complete any longer. What colors does anyone here know of other than what is on October Toys' website?

#8 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:09 PM

I thought that the solid red ones were the artist exclusive colors given to the creators of the figures.

#9 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 12:23 PM

I thought that the solid red ones were the artist exclusive colors given to the creators of the figures.

Pink.

#10 mulder2019

mulder2019

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:37 PM

I finally have an answer to the question of how many different OMFG series 2 colorways are in existence. That answer is 30!

George Gaspar is selling a complete run of 29 colorways of his Baby Deadbeet figure on his website: https://doublegtoys.storenvy.com/

Attached File  file_7c3fb692b6_original.jpg   113.84K   3 downloads

George confirmed to me that the Baby Deadbeet figure is included in the same mold as the OMFG series 2 figures, so the same 29 colors produced for the Deadbeet were also produced for the OMFG series 2 figures.

George uses different names for the colorways of the Deadbeet than the October Toys website uses for the OMFG series 2 figures, but they are the same colors.

Attached File  file_449eea0859_original.jpg   219.03K   4 downloads

Two things to note: (1) the 29th colorway is actually a second run of "Flesh 486C" that came out a bit lighter than the first run; and (2) the 30th colorway is not listed on George's website - it is the new "Oozarian Green" released by Minifigure Militia: https://theminifigur...a.storenvy.com/

It is a relief to finally have an answer to this!

#11 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:42 AM

George confirmed to me that the Baby Deadbeet figure is included in the same mold as the OMFG series 2 figures, so the same 29 colors produced for the Deadbeet were also produced for the OMFG series 2 figures.

So are there unreleased series 2 sets?

#12 mulder2019

mulder2019

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:28 AM

I don't know if any of the 30 colorways were unreleased, but if so then there couldn't have been many. The October Toys website lists 20 colorways and who they were sold by.

Of the ten remaining colorways, two were sold at the 2013 SDCC, one was a second run of the flesh colorway sold by the distributor, and one is currently being sold by Mini-Figure Militia.

That means only the following six colorways could possibly have been unreleased: red, tarred color change, bruiser color change, holly berry, winter blues and butter.

The October Toys website lists winter blues as a series 1 colorway sold by Onell Design (it calls it "light blue"). A sleeved series 2 in this same colorway recently sold on ebay. So I would imagine Onell Design sold this same colorway for series 2, and the October Toys website wasn't updated properly.

Similarly, the October Toys website lists bruiser color change as a series 1 colorway sold by 3DRetro (it calls it "color change Blue 320C to Red 185C"). So I'm guessing 3DRetro also sold this colorway for series 2.

As for the remaining four colorways, your guess is as good as mine. Maybe they were unreleased. I was able to obtain all four of them, but only for the Grimm Gourd figure (not the complete sets).

Edited by mulder2019, 17 September 2019 - 11:29 AM.

#13 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:49 PM

I know all the artists received a pile of their own figure after October toys closed shop. These colors might have just been thrown in the pile and split up.

Jared sent me this pic a couple years ago of his puke knights

Attached File  22556006_1499889496767788_298895220_o.jpg   82.07K   12 downloads

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com