* * * * * 4 votes

M.U.S.C.L.E. is Coming Back!

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

I'm sure everyone has seen the pictures of the poitential WWE M.U.S.C.L.E. figures. Enrique Ruvalcaba, the Director of Marketing at Mattel, said that he wanted to hear what we thought.

If you want M.U.S.C.L.E. to come back, then let your voice be heard. And spread the message!

You might not be a WWE fan or collector - but if the WWE M.U.S.C.L.E. brand gets launched, then Muscleman, Terri-Bull, and the Claw are probably one short licensing deal away. :yes:

#2 Blackrabbit

Blackrabbit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:GPK
    M.U.S.C.L.E
    Blind bags
    Nintendo Game and watch
    WWF classic
    He man
    GITD

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

spreading the word now :) so excited for this

#3 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

Add @yude_shimada to your tweeets! Lets show Yudetamago (MUSCLE character copyright holders) that overseas fans are serious about their stuff!

Edited by uoozuman, 01 August 2012 - 07:35 AM.

Posted Image

#4 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

This would be so cool!!

#5 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

So we have Beast Saga and now M.U.S.C.L.E. potentially coming back? That's a lot to take in... I am so happy right now, I really hope this happens!
They did mention a few years ago the possibility of bringing M.U.S.C.L.E. back, maybe including non-poster figures (Satan Cross was specifically mentioned).
My only concern is how Mattel has been handling some of their brands lately...

#6 Merovingian

Merovingian

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E. & NKE 6.0 Mutants

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

Just hope that it is the same PVC plastic and not the MIMP rubber or Keshi rubber... I hate the super soft rubber, I even hated the soft rubber as a kid, thats why I never got into MIMP.
~ Merovingian ~
http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30320&view=findpost&p=264442

#7 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

Iwould love them to be in original MUSCLE rubber, but would totalyl be fine with the same kind of plastic that SLUG Zombies are in.

#8 MrBeausephus

MrBeausephus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

This is great. I am a WWE fan in addition to LRG collecting. This makes me think how minifigures in general seem to be making a comeback. From lego to My Little Pony, all seem to have a collectible minifigure line. I really hope this happen, as it is the closest thing to MUSCLE's I have seen yet.

#9 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Coked up wrestling promos and MUSCLEs

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

if anyone can do it right it's mattel!

#10 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

If it happens. I really dont care what type of material MUSCLE figures will be made of. As long as the toyline get through. I'll be one happy camper.

#11 5x5

5x5

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:GI Joe (RAH), Godzilla, MUSCLE

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

I'd be all over this if they were of the same more rigid rubber that MUSCLE is made of, as noted above. Also the article make several perfect points: MUSCLE collecting is somewhat 'sensory' in nature. People like the smell and the tactile feel. And there is an excitement to collecting (but a risk of an equally powerful turn-off if collecting a full set is too hard). My 2c.

#12 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

I hate MUSCLES, only collect Battle Beast, I saw pictures of these and they look AMAZING!! Im all in for these!!

Edited by Venom, 01 August 2012 - 07:19 PM.

Do not be afraid. If they try to harm you, I will stand in front of them.

#13 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

wow ,For muscle collectors this news is massive.
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#14 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Hell yeah!

#15 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

maybe... at best. at this point we have nothing to say they are committing to anything. just saying. hate to be realist here.

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#16 Leitmotiv

Leitmotiv

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Caving, Mushrooming, Newsletter creation, radio, formicariums, guitar, singing, writing, thrift stores, garage saling, board games, discussion

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

If this is a relaunch or reboot then I'm totally stoked and have "liked" it on Facebook to show my support. But there are so many things that can go wrong if they don't pay attention to the fans. If they want to do it right, they had better do their research and talk to the folks here or at least have reviewed everything anonymously.

Edited by Leitmotiv, 02 August 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#17 eightystoynut

eightystoynut

Team BATTLEBEASTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:80's Action Figures and mostly BB/LB

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

Man what a great time for kids from the 80's to get re-released toylines by the original makers:
Takara's Beast Saga
Mattel's WWE muscles!?!
(that's what this threads about? right?)
this is AWESOME, I'M ALL IN!!!

#18 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:23 AM

maybe... at best. at this point we have nothing to say they are committing to anything. just saying. hate to be realist here.

Stoney, I love ya, But... :wallbash:

We know. The name of the thread is "M.U.S.C.L.E. is Coming Back! But it's up to you..." We're trying to show our support of the idea, so that Mattel will commit to the M.U.S.C.L.E. brand. ;)

#19 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:00 AM

Yeah! Ya dumb-head!

#20 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

Stoney, I love ya, But... :wallbash:

We know. The name of the thread is "M.U.S.C.L.E. is Coming Back! But it's up to you..." We're trying to show our support of the idea, so that Mattel will commit to the M.U.S.C.L.E. brand. ;)

I'm not a huge fan of WWE, but I will buy tons of these to show my support if there is the possibility of it leading into actual Muscle figures returning. I really hope that someone from Mattel gets on board here so they can see just how important this brand is to some people. As I said before, they mentioned a commemorative series in the past, but ended with the "nothing to announce right now" bit. If this is how they're gonna test the waters I'm 100% in! Fingers crossed...

#21 5x5

5x5

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:GI Joe (RAH), Godzilla, MUSCLE

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

Something that I think might have an impact on this proposed new line, is that the original MUSCLE had pre-existing designs, sculpts, and molds (?) to exploit in the US territory, keeping initial costs lower and enabling the price-point to stay low as well. I worry that a line with all-new sculpts (do we truly believe there will be 200 + new sculpts to collect?) will require more startup money and thus a higher pricepoint.

#22 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

I doubt they'd come out of the gate with 200+ new sculpts. They'd probably follow a similar pattern as they have with the Rumblers figures. They'd also probably start off with six to eight sculpts, in several colorways, and introduce new variations on the themes every few months, just like they do with the Rumblers.

It's actually pretty feasible. You wouldn't be buying a four-pack for two dollars, but you're already paying $5 for a three pack of SLUGs. I think that is the same ballpark we'd be working in.

#23 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

but you're already paying $5 for a three pack of SLUGs. I think that is the same ballpark we'd be working in.

$3.99 for a 3 pack at Target. $9.99 for the 12 pack.

#24 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

$3.99 for a 3 pack at Target. $9.99 for the 12 pack.

Even better.

#25 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

If anyone can get the price lower it is Mattel. Moose is a newer, and much smaller, company. It's almost impossible to compare the two and how they would be able to come to a retail price.

Given the seeming increase in mini-figures (SLUG Zombies, Trash Pack, Squinkies, etc.) the M.U.S.C.L.E. brand could return to its flanker brand role. If the financial expectations from the brand aren't the same as other products it could contribute to a lower price point.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com